Author Topic: George Galloway Says Assassinating Tony Blair Would Be Justified  (Read 572 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Blair attack 'morally justified'
 George Galloway met Fidel Castro in Cuba this week
Galloway interview 
MP George Galloway has said it could be "morally justified" to assassinate Tony Blair, but stressed he was not calling for his death.
In an interview with GQ magazine he was asked whether a suicide bomb attack on Mr Blair would "be justified as revenge for the war on Iraq".

He said it would be morally equivalent to Mr Blair "ordering" Iraqi deaths.

But Mr Galloway said he would not support an attack and would tell the authorities if he knew of any plot.

Alert the authorities?

In the interview, former Daily Mirror editor Piers Morgan asked: "Would the assassination of, say, Tony Blair by a suicide bomber, if there were no other casualties, be justified as revenge for the war on Iraq?"

The Respect MP replies: "Yes it would be morally justified. I am not calling for it, but if it happened it would be of a wholly different moral order to the events of 7/7.

"It would be entirely logical and explicable, and morally equivalent to ordering the deaths of thousands of innocent people in Iraq as Blair did."

No politician, ever, by act, word, or deed should give any support to the notion that violence might be justified
Sir Menzies Campbell
Lib Dem leader 

He was also asked whether he would alert the authorities if he knew Mr Blair was to be assassinated by Iraqis.

Mr Galloway replied: "My goodness this is a moral maze.

"Yes, I would, because such an operation would be counterproductive because it would just generate a new wave of anti-Muslim, anti-Arab sentiment whipped up by the press.

"It would lead to new draconian anti-terror laws, and would probably strengthen the resolve of the British and American services in Iraq rather than weaken it. So yes, I would inform the authorities."

War crimes appeal

Mr Galloway is standing by the controversial comments.

In a statement, the MP said: "Like the prime minister's wife commenting on suicide bombings in Israel I understand why such desperate acts take place and why those involved might believe such actions are morally justifiable.

"From the point of view of someone who has seen their country invaded and their family blown apart it's possible, of course, for them to construct a moral justification.

"But I've made my position clear. I would not support anyone seeking to assassinate the prime minister.

"That's why I said in the interview I would report to the authorities any such plot that I knew of.

"What I did make abundantly clear to Piers Morgan in the GQ interview is that I would like to see Tony Blair in front of a war crimes tribunal for sending this country to war illegally and for the appalling human consequences which resulted. That's what I will continue to press for."

'Disgrace'

Later, Mr Galloway told BBC Radio 4's PM he wanted to see "mass murderer" Mr Blair jailed for life for war crimes rather than killed.

But he said Iraqis had a right to resist the illegal occupation of their country.

He asked: "Why would that right be restricted to the poor bloody infantry that Mr Blair sent into the streets of Iraq?"

Downing Street has refused to comment on Mr Galloway's remarks.

But Liberal Democrat leader Sir Menzies Campbell condemned the comments.

"If Mr Galloway is being accurately reported, he could well be regarded as providing encouragement to someone who might be disposed to carry out a crime of that kind," said Sir Menzies.

"No politician, ever, by act, word, or deed either expressly or by implication, should give any support to the notion that violence might be justified."

Labour MP Stephen Pound told The Sun newspaper the remarks were "disgraceful".

He said: "Every time you think he can't sink any lower he goes and stuns you again. It's beyond reprehensible to say it would be justified for a suicide bomber to assassinate anyone."

Mr Galloway has been in Cuba this week, where he made a surprise appearance on live television alongside Fidel Castro.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 06:53:27 PM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: George Galloway Says Assassinating Tony Blair Would Be Justified
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 07:28:52 PM »
Do people in Britian actually take that wacko seriously?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 11:08:02 PM »
George Galloway is the shit
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 01:37:16 AM »
Do people in Britian actually take that wacko seriously?
not really, he just says this shit to be contiversial and get attention. plus he gets no respect in the house of commons either.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 02:49:06 AM »

Look at what george galloway stands and then look at what tony blair stands for, Tony Blair is the wacko and a psychopath at that he has to be.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 03:37:48 AM »

Look at what george galloway stands and then look at what tony blair stands for, Tony Blair is the wacko and a psychopath at that he has to be.

Co-sign.  George Galloway is speaking from high moral standards, Tony Blair on the other hand, stands for big business and neo-colonialism regardless of the harm it does.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 04:11:48 AM »
id rather have tony blair running my country instead of george fucking galloway

if u think any different u are actually mentally retarded

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 04:23:38 AM »
id rather have tony blair running my country instead of george fucking galloway

if u think any different u are actually mentally retarded

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 07:18:31 AM »
This is a man who says that killing people in Iraq was a matter of defeating evil
A man who says it doesnt even matter that all of were lied to in order to start a war
A man who believes in taking away basic human rights from us
A man who believes in the indefinite detention of "suspects"
A man who expects each and every britain to be fingerprinted and held in a mass database
A man who wlll preach about evil and yet turn around and say well if we dont sell arms to israel someone will
A man who believes we should all have to prove who we are in order to exist
A man who champions bringing in even more legislation to silence dissent
This is a man who believes in giving police unprecendented powers to detain for any "crime" (The Police Act 2005)

Yet you still think man isnt a wacko  ::)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 07:20:54 AM by virtuoso »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 07:44:48 AM »
u need to get a life, i bet u spend all ur time in doors or the government might get you, i know scary shit is going down world about to end n all that but u could try having a bit of fun

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 09:39:43 AM »
This is a man who says that killing people in Iraq was a matter of defeating evil
A man who says it doesnt even matter that all of were lied to in order to start a war
A man who believes in taking away basic human rights from us
A man who believes in the indefinite detention of "suspects"
A man who expects each and every britain to be fingerprinted and held in a mass database
A man who wlll preach about evil and yet turn around and say well if we dont sell arms to israel someone will
A man who believes we should all have to prove who we are in order to exist
A man who champions bringing in even more legislation to silence dissent
This is a man who believes in giving police unprecendented powers to detain for any "crime" (The Police Act 2005)

Yet you still think man isnt a wacko  ::)

half of your points make sense, the other half are just nonsense of someone who wants to be a rebel without a cause but doesnt have the balls to do so

and compared with george fucking galloway, tony blair seems like a very sane man

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 10:22:57 AM »

Lol you come out with some retarded crap i dont spend my time locked away at all i am not scared angered yes but not scared but as for jippo what did i say within that which isnt actually factual?

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 05:34:19 AM »
they might be factual

but some of them arent worth bothering about

a fingerprint is a fucking fingerprint, it doesnt matter if the government have it on a computer

as long as u do nothing wrong, theres nothing to worry about

you give these things too much time of the day, which they just arent worth

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 09:02:14 AM »

See now having your fingerprints forcibly taken from you is a big deal, it was only prisoners who had to give their fingerprints when found guilty of a crime but now they are saying everyone must do that. As for you saying if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear and yet this is a government who are becoming more secretive than ever before, have admitted shredding hundreds of thousands of documents have admitted lying on several occasions and if you look further down you will see the independent has wrote an article about civil servants selling hundreds of thousands of peoples identities. So with all of this corruption why the hell should you I or anyone else trust them?

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 09:49:39 AM »

See now having your fingerprints forcibly taken from you is a big deal, it was only prisoners who had to give their fingerprints when found guilty of a crime but now they are saying everyone must do that. As for you saying if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear and yet this is a government who are becoming more secretive than ever before, have admitted shredding hundreds of thousands of documents have admitted lying on several occasions and if you look further down you will see the independent has wrote an article about civil servants selling hundreds of thousands of peoples identities. So with all of this corruption why the hell should you I or anyone else trust them?

because we want to go out and get pissed?