Author Topic: A question about Prayer  (Read 188 times)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
A question about Prayer
« on: May 28, 2006, 02:34:17 PM »
who in this forum actually prays?

I admit i do, every night and every time i get onto the freeway.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

J Bananas

Re: A question about Prayer
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 02:54:04 PM »
i used to. but now it feels somewhat childish or selfish. I mean, is God really listening? if so, why would he decide to get you that promotion at work then kill thousands of brown people in a flood in the same day? that doesnt make sense. The longer you participate in that kind of thinking, the more you think God has to do with your successes. You hear all the time rich people "oh im so blessed to have a nice life", fuck that, youre lucky, God has nothing to do what you ask for everytime you pray.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 02:56:05 PM »
i used to. but now it feels somewhat childish or selfish. I mean, is God really listening? if so, why would he decide to get you that promotion at work then kill thousands of brown people in a flood in the same day? that doesnt make sense. The longer you participate in that kind of thinking, the more you think God has to do with your successes. You hear all the time rich people "oh im so blessed to have a nice life", fuck that, youre lucky, God has nothing to do what you ask for everytime you pray.

yeah i feel the same way sometimes when some bad shit happens to me but i don't know, i guess it's the faith
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 05:49:32 PM »
I pray everynight but I get those same feelings. Like its selfish and sometimes I feel like he shouldn't care. Some things you have to work for. But I pray to help bless some people around me even though I'm really thinking about stopping. It seems when I pray for good, bad comes. I think he doesn't want to hear bullshit prayers. Gotta take life as it comes. :-\

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 06:12:49 PM »
Right before im on a plane and its about to take off :-[

coola

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 10:33:16 PM »
i pray sometimes, but i dont ask for anything, i just thank god for how lucky i am, and i pray for others...

although i goto admit sometimes i do ask for help, like before an exam, just to give me strength to study and not be lazy...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 11:24:51 PM »
i dont pray 5 times a day like im supposed to, but i try to do em when i can

i pray everynight before i go to sleep...thanking god for lettin me live another day
and i pray in the mornin thankin god for wakin me up for another day
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

'EclipZe

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 09:07:04 AM »
I don't believe they work, so I stopped doin it.

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 09:31:17 AM »
i used to pray when i was younger every evening and felt guilty in the morning when i forgot about it, and thought something bad may happen to me during the day. now i pray from time to time when im in trouble or when im facing an unplaesent situation, becuz it makes me believe in myself and calms my concern for a moment.
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]