Author Topic: 2006 update  (Read 2539 times)

Hittman2001

Re: 2006 update
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2006, 11:21:09 PM »
I would definetely like to hear something new and expermental on detox.  I need something fresh  :)

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2006, 05:23:00 AM »
Whatever Dre wants to do, I'm sure it will sound dope (or we'll grow to like it ;)) He should be given as much freedom on Detox as possible.

It's also time for a certain uk banned dogg to go see the doctor. Peace.

I like the sound of this, even though it could mean several different things.

Don Seer

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2006, 05:49:59 AM »

I dont care about the sound or anything..

I trust Dre not to put out a brick under his own name whatever the direction.

I just hope that 'the powers' don't force fit a cheesy blemish on the album.

Trauma-san

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2006, 06:46:16 AM »
I agree with many of his opinions, but Zilla's right - it's not like he's dropping jewels of knowledge.  It's always VERY vague and rehashing the same things over and over.  Dre's the greatest, Detox is gonna change the game, not sure when it's dropping, 5.1 surround sound, bla bla bla.  I could write the exact same shit.  Why can he only post a couple times a year? LOL, its like he said - it'd be tough for him to keep up his bullshit stories.  There would be so many ways he could validate himself but he never does. 

I"m not hatin on dude, cuz like I said I think he's got some valid points on the industry and such.  But he's yet to ever say anything that made me believe that he works with Dre.  And until he does, as far as i'm concerned he's a phony.

You probably don't trust my opinion either, but I know for a fact the dude works with Dre. 

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2006, 09:12:09 AM »

On a personal level I am not doing as much hip-hop anymore because quite frankly I think most of it is horrible.  Big label politics, including ----------'s is pissing me off.  Take Busta's new album for example.  Dre had to put a few dumb pop songs on the album and throw off much more quality tracks to appease higher ups.  the second single Interscope picked is horrible.

I don't want to hate but this right there to me is just wrong. Bus's album aint a disappointment necessarily because it has pop songs on it, it's because the pop songs are so wack. Come on man you telling me Interscope didn't want to have a track like In da club or the Outta Control remix or Still DRE etc to sell Busta's album (massive commercial poppy singles). I don't care what is said about the pressure from the label, I don't really believe it all. Dre's strength was always to bring heat and keep it hiphop, I simply do not believe there were real hot tracks that were left off the Big Bang album (except Imagine). This album is just wack and Dre got to take some of the criticism for that - the label always takes the blame.   

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2006, 09:19:01 AM »
^^ Are you Jimmy Iovine?

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2006, 09:23:38 AM »
Thanks for all the info, Mellow.

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2006, 09:25:54 AM »
^^ Are you Jimmy Iovine?

no but i do work closely with Jimmy. May I say how honoured I have been to work with this wonderful music executive over many years. I will only post once maybe twice a year as I am very busy working on many projects. peace...

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2006, 09:27:39 AM »
^^ Are you Jimmy Iovine?

no but i do work closely with Jimmy. May I say how honoured I have been to work with this wonderful music executive over many years. I will only post once maybe twice a year as I am very busy working on many projects. peace...

lol

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2006, 09:46:31 AM »

BLAH BLAH BLAH

aren't you the same bitch that always post some bullshit "inside" news on Aftermath related news?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2006, 09:53:58 AM »
^^ Are you Jimmy Iovine?

lol

Digital, I don’t give a sh*t if you don't believe me. I am a close confidant of Jimmy's. Here's the latest news, I'm pleased to report that Bank's project is sounding crazy. the unit crew are going for a new style of flow which Banks has been experimenting with since day one - it's very advanced monotonal delivery in order to assist those who suffer from insomnia. 50 is very excited cos he's had trouble sleeping ever since he exchanged his pyjamas for kevlar. This is a new departure for Hip Hop and is way in advance of what anyone is doing out there right now. The whole camp are buzzing. 

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2006, 10:06:10 AM »
Wow, I hope ya'll don't act like this in real life, specially Quik Is The Name, what the hell is wrong with you?

Seriously, anybody who's been on dubcc longer than 2 years knows mellowman is legit...

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2006, 10:08:31 AM »
Wow, I hope ya'll don't act like this in real life, specially Quik Is The Name, what the hell is wrong with you?

Seriously, anybody who's been on dubcc longer than 2 years knows mellowman is legit...

legit? So this person actaully works for Afermath?

I don't remember every reading one posts and any of the stuff he mentioned ever come true

Trauma-san

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2006, 10:33:11 AM »
That's because your parents probably lied to you as a child or your mom's a whore or something, so you don't trust anything.  Mellowman's legit, be skeptical if you want, though, your loss. 

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2006, 11:09:49 AM »
That's because your parents probably lied to you as a child or your mom's a whore or something, so you don't trust anything.  Mellowman's legit, be skeptical if you want, though, your loss. 

how is he legit?? because he just says so?

LMAO