Author Topic: Mobb Deep - Blood Money a Disappointment?  (Read 910 times)

icebergslimIII

• 'G'
Mobb Deep - Blood Money a Disappointment?
« on: May 29, 2006, 12:44:17 PM »
Sup foolz, how big of a disappointment is the Mobb Deep cd? I saw it debuted at #3 or so, then dropped to 26 and I think that it is 40 something in their 3rd week. How big of a disappointment is this cd? 50 has been hyping them for awhile now. I think even Tony Yayo sold more than Mobb Deep! Banks will flop when he comes out too. 50 then beg to work with Tha Game again when he realizes he wsa the only real nigga with talent.

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
Re: Mobb Deep - Blood Money a Disappointment?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 01:06:46 PM »
oh fo sho

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

'EclipZe

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 01:13:59 PM »
fuck it, i love it.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 02:04:40 PM »
Banks will flop when he comes out too. 50 then beg to work with Tha Game again when he realizes he wsa the only real nigga with talent.

That doesn't make any sense. First if all banks sold only a few hundred thousand less then Game, Beg for Mercy sold a million or so more. G-unit doesn't need Game to sell, since Game was only on Buck and Banks records, and both Games songs on them sucked. Game isn't talented, and I bet you Banks will go platinum. Ppl actually will buy a Banks/Buck/50 record, but when you start over hyping these random signees like Mobb deep, ppl don't want to hear. Why would Banks flop? His lyric ability is well above Game.

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 02:06:34 PM »
i don't think banks is better than game, but i loved blood money... artistically not a great album or anything but good to bump to in the ride.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 02:13:48 PM »
Banks will flop when he comes out too. 50 then beg to work with Tha Game again when he realizes he wsa the only real nigga with talent.

That doesn't make any sense. First if all banks sold only a few hundred thousand less then Game, Beg for Mercy sold a million or so more. G-unit doesn't need Game to sell, since Game was only on Buck and Banks records, and both Games songs on them sucked. Game isn't talented, and I bet you Banks will go platinum. Ppl actually will buy a Banks/Buck/50 record, but when you start over hyping these random signees like Mobb deep, ppl don't want to hear. Why would Banks flop? His lyric ability is well above Game.

the only thing that banks has over game is his punch lines...and that shit aint even that good. game is improving every day with his lyrics, rap...

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 02:22:39 PM »
^ not from what I've heard.. his songs have no point, just random rhymes thrown together to go with a beat, they don't build to anything, and their insanely repetitive.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 04:17:39 PM »
I actually finally got around to listening to this today, its not as bad as people have been saying.  The first 3-4 tracks are garbage, but it really picks up after that.  I guess its not as good as Mobb Deeps other shit, but I've never followed em closely anyways.  Its a decent album, especially coming out on G Unit.

herpes

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 07:17:21 PM »
yes, this makes infamy look classic.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 08:52:16 PM »
too bad for them.  When keeping it real goes wrong
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 10:39:23 PM »

LMAO!!!!! ahh shiet funny stuff King Bitch
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

westkoastanostra

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 11:44:27 PM »
^ not from what I've heard.. his songs have no point, just random rhymes thrown together to go with a beat, they don't build to anything, and their insanely repetitive.

thats just stupid....thats like saying "biggie was ill on the mic...but he lied about everything he said...so he aint that tight.." get the fuck outta here....

wcsoldier

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 12:08:28 AM »
Banks >> Game lyrics wise but Banks voice is annoying , especially on "mainstream" beats.. I'd like to see him make a "dark" album with the same type of beats he spits on his mixtape... plus he's horrible at hooks (see My House, most of his 1st lp..). Actually the pb is that Banks (and his boss) wants to be a 50 cent clone... just let him do what he can do the best...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 01:43:42 AM »
Banks >> Game lyrics wise but Banks voice is annoying , especially on "mainstream" beats.. I'd like to see him make a "dark" album with the same type of beats he spits on his mixtape... plus he's horrible at hooks (see My House, most of his 1st lp..). Actually the pb is that Banks (and his boss) wants to be a 50 cent clone... just let him do what he can do the best...

I seond that.