Author Topic: Questions for those who aren't religious...  (Read 1189 times)

Suga Foot

Questions for those who aren't religious...
« on: May 30, 2006, 10:10:49 AM »
Do you ever take time out to reflect on your life? 
Are you thankful for everything you have? 
Who do you thank?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Questions for those who aren't religious...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 10:20:23 AM »
Alot of people in the West reject religion because all they've been exposed to is Christianity and primarily the New Testament.  The night was so cold and dark for them that every night they awaited "the RISING of the SUN".  So naturally for them, they concocted the story of God's Sun Rising aka Jesus being the Sun of God and the Ressurection.  Check these 4 verses...

Old Testament: 
"The heavens (the morning sky) are declaring the Glory of God."  Ps 19:1

New Testament:
"Jesus is the Glory of God." 2 Cor 4:6

Old Testament:
"The SUN of Righteousness will arise!"

New Testament:
"God's son... he has risen!"  Matt 4:16

^^^ All the above concepts are rejected in man's true religion Islam.  One cannot reject religion alltogether until they have studied Islam which is submission to the Highest Creator without any created intermediary.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 10:23:56 AM »
If the homie shares weed with me, then I thank the homie, not God or a higher power.
As for life in general, I'm not thankful to anyone but myself, family or friends. I or somebody related to me worked for everything that I have, one way or the other.
Why people feel the urge to thank a higher power for something they achieved on their own is beyond me. It's like "Yes, I'm so damn important, there's this whole fucking universe I know nothing about and the earth is only a small part of. Then there's that big earth humans are only a part of, and then there is my ass who's one of 6 billion people alive. Yet, God really helped me to do good in that test, cause that was such a big issue to him in the grand scheme of things."

What about this... if you are thankful to God for what you have... doesn't that mean that you think you have CONTROL OVER GOD? If he responds to your worship, prayer and faith with blessings, doesn't that mean you can control him, manipulate his actions and basically USE him to your advantage? Don't you think that would be a little too much? LOL.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 10:25:13 AM »
^^^ All the above concepts are rejected in man's true religion Islam.
Of all the ignorant things you've said this one might win the prize.

One cannot reject religion alltogether until they have studied Islam
Says who?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 10:42:15 AM »

I believe that god has mapped out a path for me but I am not religious with respect you are getting god and religion mixed up. I do not follow a religious path but do believe in a god, and do pray sometimes.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 10:51:24 AM »
What about this... if you are thankful to God for what you have... doesn't that mean that you think you have CONTROL OVER GOD? If he responds to your worship, prayer and faith with blessings, doesn't that mean you can control him, manipulate his actions and basically USE him to your advantage? Don't you think that would be a little too much? LOL.

Interesting point, but empty. You don't pray demanding, you pray hoping. Like I always tell the homies when it comes to different situations: God bless your soul if you think you're in control.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 11:03:00 AM by ZILLA THE GOODFELLA »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 10:59:02 AM »
Alot of people in the West reject religion because all they've been exposed to is Christianity and primarily the New Testament.  The night was so cold and dark for them that every night they awaited "the RISING of the SUN".  So naturally for them, they concocted the story of God's Sun Rising aka Jesus being the Sun of God and the Ressurection.  Check these 4 verses...

Old Testament: 
"The heavens (the morning sky) are declaring the Glory of God."  Ps 19:1

New Testament:
"Jesus is the Glory of God." 2 Cor 4:6

Old Testament:
"The SUN of Righteousness will arise!"

New Testament:
"God's son... he has risen!"  Matt 4:16

^^^ All the above concepts are rejected in man's true religion Islam.  One cannot reject religion alltogether until they have studied Islam which is submission to the Highest Creator without any created intermediary.

your post is 1) off topic and 2) promoting religious hatred.

if you dont see WHY seek counselling.

Strike 1.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 11:06:42 AM by Overseer »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 11:57:55 AM »
Do you ever take time out to reflect on your life? 
Always.

Are you thankful for everything you have? 
Of Course.

Who do you thank?
Ones who deserve to be thanked...and yes including god.

But I don't get how you can control God. Doesn't he control you?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 12:25:28 PM »

But I don't get how you can control God. Doesn't he control you?

If god responds to your prayer, you do control him. If god treats you differently when you're a good person, you do control him. By acting a certain way (not killing people, not stealing, praying, repentence, etc etc) you do control god, that is, if he rewards your "good" behavior with cool stuff to happen in your life.
To a certain extend, he does control you as well, yes. But as soon as he treats you differently because of your behavior, you can USE him by behaving in a certain way. It's like getting money from your grandma because you're always nice, although she's annoying, because you know she'll give you the damn money if you're nice, and you want the god damn money don't cha?
Also, how can it be taken as real "good" acting, if you're just doing it so god supports you and makes your life better?
No, it's not a sin

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 01:09:22 PM »
Man, you really ought to go to school for a while longer before you bring that bullshit up.  All of your objections are little childish shit that most people get over in about an hour of reading the koran/bible/ whatever.  I can see your personality, you're the type that argues with people over pedantic shit that nobody can 'prove' or explain to you, because your mind misses even the little obvious shit.

Here's some help for you, just this once.

1. you can't talk somebody that believes in god, out of believing in god, because ultimately any kind of religion or 'faith' is about just that: faith.  No religion can be proven, and the existance of God can't be proven, because every religion relies on faith.  Faith is believing in something even though you cannot see it. 

So argue, bitch, whine, moan all you want, the fact stands that anything you object to regarding the existance of God can be explained away by faith. 

Your only argument is: I don't have faith. 

So instead of bitching or whining or fighting with people about it, just say you don't believe, you have no faith.

Overseer chimied in above on this post: he doesn't believe in God.  Nobody fights with him about it.  You know whY? ... because he realizes other people have faith in god, and doesn't care, and others realize he has no faith, and don't care about that either. 

There's no use arguing about it, the arguments on this board are so childish and petty becuase you can explain all of them away with the most rudimentary, fundamental truths of religion or faith or whatever.  Either somebody believes or they don't. 

WestCoasta

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 01:17:58 PM »
here's the way I look at life:

I'm not part of an organized religion, but I believe there is a "God", and of course I am not certain of this belief

I believe there is somethin that created this world but that's as far as I'll go, I won't even call it "God"

I live my life in a way by karma, what goes around comes around, that's pretty much my religion

I do reflect on my life, issues in my life, issues in my families lives, issues in the world

I believe organized religion is evil, it does nothing but divide and cause problems

if you look in the world today, the major problems that affect everybody has to do with war based on beliefs

all over the world people are killing other because of what they think is right

And then you see people, mostly religious rights groups, who try to tell others how much they suck, when they are the ones with problems

they try to determine what is gonna be on television, hell you even have some weirdos trying to pass bills to put decency laws on subsciption services

and are they religious rights activists?  yes, out to ruin it for EVERYBODY for what they think is right, what THEY think is right

so basically I'm a person who hates the majority of human beings, I think a good portion of people are cold hearted and don't have souls

I'd rather see a little puppy live then some dick human who's an asshole

I believe we all have a certain path in life no matter what we do, and everything happens for a reason

so basically if people wonder if non-religious people care about life, I bet they care MORE about life

I always think of my actions before I do somethin, I'm not a prick to people, I treat everyone with respect who shows me the smallest amount of kindness

you try to live your life and do moderately right things, we all make mistakes, but it's the kind of personality you got

so if you wanna label me with somethin, it's definitely the belief of karma which isn't a religion

I live my life that way and most dicks don't, but you don't try to see me tell 'em how to live, cuz you gotta learn that you can't tell people what to do

so fuck religion, that's how I look at existence

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 01:22:51 PM »
How about adressing the points I made, instead of simply insulting me and telling me that I can't change what you believe in no matter what I do, Trauma? This thread was SPECIFICALLY directed towards people LIKE ME. And I gave an awesome contribution to the thread, ON TOPIC, and what you do is calling me dumb and telling me to shut the fuck up about issues like that one because they are somewhat "undebateable". Keep the good shit comin brotha.
I don't always argue to make people think the same way I think, sometimes one can just argue to discuss and share views, have fun together and learn to see things from another point of view.
No, it's not a sin

'EclipZe

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 01:25:29 PM »

I believe that god has mapped out a path for me but I am not religious with respect you are getting god and religion mixed up. I do not follow a religious path but do believe in a god, and do pray sometimes.

I got the same, i used to be very religious when i was a kid tho, i even assisted in them survices for the church till my 13th, but after that I woke up and realised its bullshit.

I still believe in a god tho, everytime im pissed (believe me thats a lot) i ask to god WHY the fuck it happened to me, and I always pray for a good ending, mostly that shit doesnt help tho

WestCoasta

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 01:26:17 PM »
whichever loser is arguing with 7 Even, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM U FUCKER

this thread isn't for arguing
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 01:40:27 PM by we$t coa$t »

J Bananas

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 01:52:12 PM »
im not religious at all but im pretty spiritual, and maybe i should be giving it up for whoevers responsible for this earth coming together, but i dont have enough information so that would just be speculation and i dont wanna pretend to know how the earth was created. so when I'm reflecting on my life I usually try and appreciate my real friends and my family, and what theyve gone through in their life. it helps put things like my social life in a lighter, happier state so I'm more inclined to go out and be a friend to the people around me.