Poll

Seeing as this is a westcoast board, how many of yall actually want 2 c Game suceed, Do great numbers on Aftermath, Drop a classic album etc etc and go on 2 Snoop Dogg or Dr Dre Status??....

I do
127 (81.4%)
I dont
29 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 140

Author Topic: Who here actually supports Game? (POLL)  (Read 1853 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who here actually supports Game? (POLL)
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 08:31:19 AM »
Fuck having a westcoast sound. Make it universal

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 08:43:48 AM »
I do...although I have to admit that I'd like it better if he'll have more of a West Coast vibe on his new album. The Documentary was a very decent Hip-Hop album, but not exactly West Coast. So since he wants be THE representative for the West Coast, I think it would be a good thing for him to have a West Coast sound on his album.
But yeah, I wish him the best of luck, even if he's off Aftermath.

I agree with what you said Game'z next album should definitely have a West Coast sound to it, no Kanye or Timbo on this one (no disrespect) strictly West Coast producerz but I doubt thatz gonna happen... :-\

it aint 1996 no more.. move with the times... rap is more mainstream and universal than ever.. the old west coast sound is over.. throwback tracks are one thing.. but a career aint there with doin it the old way..

I'm not sayin' tha album should sound like it was released in '96 but like dude said, Game wantz to be THE representative for tha West then it should be only logical that tha production is bein' handled by West Coast producerz only (artistically speakin') but like I said thatz probably not gonna happen (I KNOW itz not gonna happen) cause in order to be sure that tha record will do well Interscope iz goin' to play it safe and it will be made more along tha linez of The Documentary and other recent succesfull hip hop albumz meaning different producerz and featuring artistz from different regionz...

Damn those industry politicz... >:(

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 09:06:43 AM »
Outside of Quik, Dre, Fredwreck, JWells and Khalil no one really proved him self that much.

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 09:13:30 AM »
I do...although I have to admit that I'd like it better if he'll have more of a West Coast vibe on his new album. The Documentary was a very decent Hip-Hop album, but not exactly West Coast. So since he wants be THE representative for the West Coast, I think it would be a good thing for him to have a West Coast sound on his album.

I agree with what you said Game'z next album should definitely have a West Coast sound to it, no Kanye or Timbo on this one (no disrespect) strictly West Coast producerz but I doubt thatz gonna happen... :-\

it aint 1996 no more.. move with the times... rap is more mainstream and universal than ever.. the old west coast sound is over.. throwback tracks are one thing.. but a career aint there with doin it the old way..

I'm not sayin' tha album should sound like it was released in '96 but like dude said, Game wantz to be THE representative for tha West then it should be only logical that tha production is bein' handled by West Coast producerz only (artistically speakin') but like I said thatz probably not gonna happen (I KNOW itz not gonna happen) cause in order to be sure that tha record will do well Interscope iz goin' to play it safe and it will be made more along tha linez of The Documentary and other recent succesfull hip hop albumz meaning different producerz and featuring artistz from different regionz...

Damn those industry politicz... >:(

its good business.. in a sense.. as theres less risk when following a proven "formula"..

shit can go too far though and stifle creativity.. eminems albums are a perfect example of an over milked formula.

fact is... west coast artists have never relied on west coast producers...

look at ice cube.. who produced his first solo?  - the bomb squad..

look at snoop post dre.. first it was along with UK DJ paul oakenfold doing doggystyle remixes, then timbaland doing doggfather remixes.. next album he was off south to no limit... had a bit of dre/quik etc..  then neptunes etc etc..   snoops still big...

to me this proves there is no history of west coast artists needing west coast producers to represent.

i say let people use whoever they want..

Eihtball

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 09:15:24 AM »
Of course I want Game to succeed.  Dude is a lil overrated (especially on these boards), but he's still established himself as a legit talent, so I can't hate on that.  Even if his music isn't as "West Coast-sounding" as cats want, it's still good music - if he makes another album with Dre, Just Blaze, Scott Storch, Timbaland, Cool & Dre, and Hi-Tek behind the boards, it's bound to be dope (provided it's not too formulaic).  So yeah, I support Game commercially.

I do not, however, support him in his beefs, whereas all these G-Unot bandwagoners are quick to jump on his dick because he's lashing out at G-Unit.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 09:27:59 AM »
I'm aware of the fact that the G-Funk sound has been played out and I'm glad to hear that producers don't use it very often anymore. Producers need to move on, indeed, and although it's cool for us, West Coast Hip-Hop fans, to still hear some 'new' G-Funk beats, I can perfectly understand why it doesn't appeal to other audiences.
And yes, a universal-sounding Hip-Hop album is great, but if you have the chance of getting a hot beat of Khalil or J. Wells, then why not accept it and put it on the album? The answer is simple: once the promotion/hype around the album starts, magazines start writing articles about the album. And when someone writes "Game's new album included production from Kanye West, Timbaland & Just Blaze!", then A LOT of people will show interest in that album, because they ALL are familiar with those producers. Now, if it would say "Includes production by DJ Khalil & J. Wells", then of course, only the West Coast fans would be happy with it.

In my opinion, it's time to move on. Just like people moved on from the G-Funk era, it's time to move on with the idea of "if I don't have this or that producer/artist on my album, people won't show interest". Fuck that! If artists keep sticking to that formula, then when is it ever gonna change? Someone should change that formula, and Game has a fair share of fans to take a little 'risk' and put a nice West Coast beat(s) on the album.

At the end of the day, it's - unfortunately enough - all about doing good in SoundScan terms. What the fans want comes second, first it's the money. Can you blame the record labels? No, because after all this is the music BUSINESS, and label execs what their money when it's all said & done.

It's just sad to see that a mainstream artist is not in full control of his album, but that a corporate label exec calls the shots & tells the artist what kind of singles need to be created.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 09:32:39 AM »
don't really give a fuck.  he's a good (?) rapper, but I've never really looked forward to a verse of his in a song.  "The Documentary" was a good CD, but that was largely thanks to the production.  hes cool though.

suckaa free

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 09:41:02 AM »

on point.   8)

SGV

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 09:50:55 AM »
Support Game? Why? Dude is STILL with Interscope. Only difference is that he doesn't have Dre. Let's see how many "Game Fans" are still around soon. I don't really support dude, in the sense that I'm pulling for him. He's made some horrible choices so far in his career. He should've never went at 50 that way. Knowing 50's status at Interscope and with Dre, he was crazy for doing so. He let the stardom get to his head way too early in his career.

As for his sound... His sound is fine. He's not a typical West Coast artist... So he's not going to sound good over some Battlecat hand claps or even a Fredwreck talk box. He would sound great on a Khalil beat. A Muggs beat. Maybe even a mellow Quik beat (MAYBE). But for the most part, the production he had was FINE. There's no sense in making someone overly West Coast.  Nobody will care about them.

Then people wonder why the West Coast never moves up. The fans refuse to let an artist grow and expand outside of the West.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 10:23:46 AM »
regardless of what happens to game...i'll still support the man....i can give a fuck if he's made horrible choices in his career....as long as he drops good music....if that was suicide going after 50...who gives a fuck...that was game's choice....he'll always have another deal if he aint w/ interscope...cuz of his record sales...

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 10:30:54 AM »
i think with time he will mature as an artist and plan his moves better, not act so impulsively......i would hope that he learns from the backlash he's recieved from all the beefing and understand that you gotta pick your battles in this.....i dont knock him for beefing wit anyone, it was just the overkill that was involved was enough to make the hardest g unit hater sick......but i deffinately wish him well on his next alubm and really hope dre continues to work with him......outside of him being a hothead, i really dont know why some many people dislike dude, i personally think he's nice wit his and reps LA well
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2006, 10:55:11 AM »
I voted yes to me the Game's lyrics are just about the best and can go flow for flow with justa bout anyone in the rap game.
Also has nice beats to go with it.

rik

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 11:06:51 AM »
i support every talented westcoast artist..that includes game
Exactly. Cali's my home, so Imma show love to all my niggaz from the west.
couldn't have said it better.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006, 11:33:52 AM »
My point iz this and I'm strictly talkin' about Game here:

Dude has been reppin' the West REAL hard for some time now and he probably seez himself as the savior of the West Coast, whether you agree with him or not iz just a matter of opinion but considering tha fact he has been makin' pretty bold statementz about himself and how he iz representin' his coast (makin' countless referencez and comparisonz to pioneering old school West Coast hip hop legendz for example), I think he could have done a better job at backin' that up ESPECIALLY considering tha state of tha West Coast'z popularity outside of tha West itself in recent yearz!

He sayz he'z on a mission to bring tha West back almost bein' as cocky as Kanye but yet his album featurez producerz like Just Blaze, Timbaland and Kanye West, now there'z NOTHING wrong with these people'z production skillz BUT IF YOU WANNA REP THA WEST THAT HARD LIKE GAME HAS BEEN DOIN' HE SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH THA WEST COAST STYLE OF PRODUCTION, not just to give tha album a West Coast feel but also because of tha resourcez that come with bein' on a major like Interscope which can be used to provide more mainstream exposure to producerz like DJ Quik, Battlecat or *put your favourite West Coast producer here* by lettin' them do his trackz and makin' those songz as singlez with an accompaning video... Not to take anything away from them but this way those producerz will be able to do more which will bring more attention on them and West Coast hip hop in general...

Again I'm just talkin' about tha Game situation here I have nothing against non West Coast producerz doin' stuff with West Coast artistz, itz just that I think Game should be more accurate and on point in his way of bringin' tha West back... And this iz what I think he should be TRYIN' to do cause like I said before... Damn those industry politicz...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

youngmessnucca

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2006, 11:38:45 AM »
lol @ Game reppin the West when he just signed a guy who sounds like Young Buck & a guy who sounds like 50