did US troops do it?

Yeah
5 (55.6%)
no
2 (22.2%)
God Bless America
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: So how bout that iraqi massacre?  (Read 858 times)

J Bananas

So how bout that iraqi massacre?
« on: June 02, 2006, 09:21:40 AM »
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The U.S. military is investigating the deaths of nearly a dozen Iraqi civilians during a U.S. raid near Balad in March.

The probe is one of several inquiries into the possible killings of Iraqis, including women and children, by U.S. troops. Among the incidents are an alleged massacre by Marines of 24 civilians in Haditha last November and the death of an Iraqi civilian near Hamandiya, west of Baghdad, on April 26.

Also under military investigation are reports that soldiers killed two women, including one who was pregnant, in Samarra on Tuesday. Witnesses said the women were killed when their vehicle drove through a checkpoint.

In Haditha, criminal investigators are hoping to exhume the civilians' bodies to look for forensic evidence that may yield details on how the incident unfolded and who might have been involved, the Washington Post reported Friday.

Iraqi government officials have become angry over the reports of daily violence by coalition troops, and on Friday, Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said he would seek investigation files from the U.S., according to Reuters.
Children among dead

The March 15 incident took place in the Abu Seffa district of Ishaqi, a town 10 miles north of Balad. (Watch bullets found near a ruined house -- 1:09)

Iraqi police said 11 people were killed in a U.S.-led raid against a suspected al Qaeda in Iraq site. The dead included five children -- the youngest 6 months old -- as well as four women and two men, the police said.

The U.S. military reported there had been deaths, including of civilians, but provided a lower casualty count, saying an insurgent, two women and a child were killed.

At the time, U.S. military spokesman Tim Keefe said U.S.-led forces staged the raid and came under fire as they approached a building, and air support fired on the site.

"Coalition forces returned fire, utilizing both air and ground assets," Keefe said, according to The New York Times. The target building was destroyed along with one vehicle.

A Balad police official told CNN at the time that witnesses claimed that U.S. soldiers kept an entire family in a room before spraying them with bullets randomly.

U.S. soldiers destroyed the building and also killed livestock belonging to people in the house, the official said.

Police found bullet casings in the house that would only have been used by U.S. soldiers, the official asserted.

A BBC report on Thursday ran video of the apparent aftermath of the incident, obtained from a Sunni political group. The BBC says the video shows dead bodies with gunshot wounds.
Source: Murder charges likely

Military prosecutors "likely" will file murder charges against seven Marines accused in the April shooting death of an Iraqi civilian in Hamandiya, a source familiar with the investigation told CNN on Thursday.

"Somewhere around seven Marines are likely to face charges," said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because charges have not yet been filed. "Murder charges are likely," the source added but they may not come on Friday.

The Associated Press quoted a defense lawyer, Jeremiah Sullivan III, as saying that a Navy Corpsman is also expected to face charges, which include kidnapping and conspiracy.

The Iraqi civilian reportedly was dragged from his home and shot. Both the Los Angeles Times and NBC News said troops may have planted an AK-47 and shovel near the body to make it appear the man was an insurgent burying a roadside bomb.

Neither media outlet suggested a possible motive for the April 26 killing in Hamandiya.

The eight men are being held in the brig at Camp Pendleton Marine Corps base in California, the AP quoted Sullivan as saying.
Training ordered

Amid the series of allegations involving a small number of troops, the U.S. military has ordered all coalition personnel to undergo refresher courses in ethics and values.

A military spokesman defended the two-to-four hour presentation on Friday, saying, "It's not a PowerPoint presentation per se. It's there as a guide. It's there as a tool ... it's not check-in-the-box training ... This is serious business, and we're going to focus on doing the right thing."

The spokesman, Brig. Gen. Donald Campbell, deputy commanding general of Multinational Corps-Iraq, said the training includes an introduction on "why this is a tremendous profession, and what we're doing, and then it leads through what we view (as) values."

Interaction and discussion questions are included, as well as vignettes, ranging from finding a roadside bomb to engaging in combat at a mosque or a school. The purpose, Campbell said, is to make sure "soldiers react in a proper manner."

Emphasizing repeatedly that 99.9 percent of U.S. troops in Iraq behave properly and ethically, he described factors that could lead to rare exceptions: "stress, fear, isolation, and in some cases they're just upset. They see their buddies getting blown up on occasion, and they could snap."

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: So how bout that iraqi massacre?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 10:09:16 AM »
yeah, its disgusting. its all good, life tends to balance itself out eventually. god knows best.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 10:10:55 AM »
They're fed up too. Not condoning it in any way, but it seems like neither side fighting wants to be out there. Only the big wigs sitting their fat asses in Washington are optomistic about their investment now.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 12:07:16 PM »
Only the big wigs sitting their fat asses in Washington are optimistic about their investment now.

Yea it's quite sad.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 12:43:01 PM »

New Evidence

New Iraq massacre alleged

The US is investigating the deaths of 24 Iraqis in Haditha

New allegations of a massacre involving US troops in Iraq have emerged after the BBC aired footage of an incident in which 11 Iraqi civilians were killed.

The BBC said the images seemed to contradict US accounts of what happened in the town of Ishaqi, north of Baghdad, in March.

The US army initially said four people had died during a raid to find an al-Qaeda supporter in which a building collapsed.

However, Iraqi police said 11 civilians, including five children and four women, were shot and killed by US troops who then blew up the building.

The video footage shows a row of bodies, many displaying what seem to be gunshot wounds.

The video was obtained from a Sunni group opposed to US-led forces, the BBC said.

The US army said it was investigating the incident, the BBC added.

Investigations

The news comes as a US military investigation into the killings of 24 Iraqi civilians by marines in the town of Haditha in November is expected to conclude that troops lied to their superiors, who did not fully investigate the allegations.

The US initially said the dead, including women and children, had been killed by a roadside bomb.

However, Iraqi witnesses and a US media report said that they were shot and killed by US marines.

A US defence official has said about 12 marines would face charges, including for murder, over the incident.

There are two US investigations into the killings, along with one announced by Iraqi authorities.

On Thursday, US military prosecutors also planned to file murder, kidnapping and conspiracy charges against seven marines and a navy corpsman for shooting and killing an Iraqi civilian in April, one of the men's defence lawyers said.

The US army announced earlier this week that US-led troops in Iraq would have ethical training, following concerns about Haditha and other incidents.

United Arab States

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 01:10:06 PM »
the report copy-pasted from the top is another massacre than hadditha
United Arab States

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 02:40:45 PM »
They just snapped (if it is indeed true).

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 03:06:08 PM »
They just snapped (if it is indeed true).
so should they be tried or let go ,i think they should be judged in an an iraqi judge
United Arab States

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 03:49:51 PM »
Hell no. They should be tried by the US military.

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 03:53:13 PM »
that moussoui guy wasn't tried by an al qeada council
United Arab States

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 03:56:02 PM »
al qaeda isnt recognized by any treaty or convention as a legit government, plus what kind of legal system do they have outside of checking the koran for an excuse then executing someone out in the desert...

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 04:10:54 PM »
that moussoui guy wasn't tried by an al qeada council

And he still had his life spared.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 04:12:39 PM »
LOL at the 3rd option. :laugh:

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 04:15:59 PM »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 11:41:51 AM »
u.s. army is disgrace to the country.  They knew it was their intention...but yet..they don't give a fuck.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]