Author Topic: Religious Republican Hypocrisy  (Read 557 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Religious Republican Hypocrisy
« on: June 02, 2006, 05:14:45 PM »
http://blogs.nydailynews.com/dailypolitics/archives/2006/06/mostpartisaninv.php

You can watch it on YouTube.   The GOP invited a preacher to give an invocation at a recent event.  The preachers words "And remember to love each other (meaning republicans), and hate the other guy (meaning the dems).

I'm sorry, but while I'm no longer religious, this is appauling.  I know a lot of good preachers, and I agree with a lot of Christ's teachings, but this is the type of bullshit that proves why Religious Republicans are such trash.  Jesus would be sick to a kno priest, that is supposed to be representing his ideology, say stuff like this.

Priests are supposedly representative's of God.  Even if you don't believe, and I don't, a priest is still a representative of the Christian ideology.  Over and over again, the stuff these people say runs counter to the teachings of Jesus, yet the still consider themself the party of God.  It's a disgusting manipulation of the christian religion for these people to call themselves people of God.  That guy doesn't even deserve to be a priest.

Really, GOP christians are all show, they're religious not becuz they respect the teachings of Jesus - they obviously don't - they're religious because it makes them feel superior.  It's all about ego.  It's all about those moments when they can condemn the wrong doings of others, while continuing to arrogantly disrespect the teachings of their religion's founder.

These people should be ashamed, but they're too ignorant to be. 

J Bananas

Re: Religious Republican Hypocrisy
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 05:19:40 PM »
and how do you think muslim fundamentalists represent their religion? or does your political affiliation bar you from speaking on that?

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 05:24:26 PM »
and how do you think muslim fundamentalists represent their religion? or does your political affiliation bar you from speaking on that?
Why in the fuck does islam has to do with it now
United Arab States

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 05:28:59 PM »
this guy acts like republicans invented religious exploitation

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 05:53:08 PM »

i think the church and pope invented that about a 1000 years ago
United Arab States

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 09:28:32 PM »

Not really.  Religion has been used for political manipulation pretty much since its inception.  The dems use it too and it doesn't make it any less ridiculous.   But I think if you look at American politics right now, you find a whole lot more religious hypocrisy on the right.  And what makes it especially obnoxious, is how these people wear their religion on their sleeve.  A huge part of the GOP platform is "we are the party of christianity", but anyone with half a brain realizes that's ridiculous.

That having beed said, coming at me over not criticizing muslims is silly.  It's really an unrelated topic. I comment on christian hypocrisy, because I'm more knowledgeable on the christian religion and because muslim hypocrisy really isn't a big issue in American politics.  There are no major US political candidates, to my knowledge, running on the fact that they are good upstandign muslims.

We have a relatively small muslim population.  There aren't established muslim political parties in this country.  Muslims don't even make up a noticeable portion of any political base in the US.  And there are few muslim hypocrites on this board.  Sure, infinite, but he isn't even allowed on the forum right now if I'm correct? 

In addition, I'm not nearly as knowledgeable on Muslim culture and Islamic teachings as I am with US political parties and Christian teachings, so that is what I tend to comment on.  But beyond that, why should it even matter if I comment on muslims?  Are my points less relevant and accurate for some reason if I don't? 

Anyways, dude, you need to get over trying to come at me over nonsense all the time. 

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 12:34:55 PM »
Anyways, dude, you need to get over trying to come at me over nonsense all the time.

i really do, dont i?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 03:37:58 PM »

i really do, dont i?

yes you do.  arrogance isn't good for much.

J Bananas

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 03:47:02 PM »
you're saying the articles you work so hard to copy and paste are nonsense?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 10:57:37 PM »
you're saying the articles you work so hard to copy and paste are nonsense?

No, but most of your comments are.  This one is a good example.  It doesn't follow the conversation at all.  The same goes for your original comments in this post.  They are nonsense.  They don't have much to do with the central theme of this thread.  Get it?

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 12:47:02 PM »
he he, thats how the vast right wing conspiracy operates. diffuse chaos into opposing political movements

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 08:31:18 PM »
he he, thats how the vast right wing conspiracy operates. diffuse chaos into opposing political movements

Is it your intention to write and say nothing? 

J Bananas

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 08:36:55 PM »
muahahahaha