Author Topic: Canada: 17 people arrested on terrorism charges.....  (Read 1061 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Canada: 17 people arrested on terrorism charges.....
« on: June 03, 2006, 09:49:17 AM »
Didn't all the Canadians on this board lecture me about how canada is a loving, tolerant, neutral nation where terrorism would never strike???? Riiiiiiiight. Once again I have been proven to be correct and everyone else proven to be wrong.

At least Canada finally has a government in place that is serious about fighting terror.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198050,00.html

Canadian Authorities Arrest 17 Suspects on Terror Charges
Saturday, June 03, 2006

TORONTO — Seventeen Canadian residents were in custody Saturday on terrorism-related charges, including plots to use explosives in attacks on Canadian soil, authorities said.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said they arrested 12 male adults and five youth and foiled plans for terrorist attacks against targets in southern Ontario.

Officials showed evidence of bomb making materials, a computer hard drive, camouflage uniforms and what appears to be a door with bullet holes in it at a news conference Saturday morning.

"This group took steps to acquire three tons of ammonium nitrate and other components necessary to create explosive devices," said assistant Royal Canadian Mounted Police commissioner Mike McDonell said.

McDonell said that is three times the amount used to blow up the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

The arrests were made Friday, with some 400 officers involved.

McDonell said the suspects were either Canadian citizens or residents of Canada and had trained together.

Heavily armed police officers ringed the Durham Regional Police Station in the city of Pickering, just east of Toronto, as the suspects were brought in late Friday night in unmarked cars which were drove into an underground garage.

The Toronto Star reported Saturday that Canadian youths in their teens and 20s, upset at the treatment of Muslims worldwide, were among those arrested.

The newspaper said they had trained at a camp north of Toronto and had plotted to attack CSIS's downtown office near the CN Tower, among other targets.

Melisa Leclerc, a spokeswoman for the federal Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day, had no comment on the arrests.

In March 2004, Ottawa software developer Mohammad Momin Khawaja became the first Canadian charged under the country's Anti-Terrorism Act for alleged activities in Ottawa and London. Khawaja was also named, but not charged, in British for playing a role in a foiled bomb plot. He is being held in an Ottawa detention center, awaiting trial.

The Canadian anti-terrorism law was passed swiftly following the Sept. 11 assaults, particularly after Usama bin Laden's named Canada one of five so-called Christian nations that should be targeted for acts of terror. The others, reaffirmed in 2004 by his Al Qaeda network, were the United States, Britain, Spain and Australian, all of which have been victims of terrorist attacks.

The anti-terrorism law permits the government to brand individuals and organizations as terrorists and gives police the power to make preventive arrests of people suspected of planning a terrorist attack.

Though many view Canada as an unassuming neutral nation that has skirted terrorist attacks, it has suffered its share of aggression, including the 1985 Air India bombing, in which 329 people were killed, most of them Canadian citizens.

Intelligence officials believe at least 50 terror groups now have some presence in the North American nation and have long complained that the country's immigration laws and border security are too weak to weed out potential terrorists.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Canada: 17 people arrested on terrorism charges.....
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 09:52:38 AM »

<<<<The Toronto Star reported Saturday that Canadian youths in their teens and 20s, upset at the treatment of Muslims worldwide, were among those arrested.>>>>

Has Tech posted on here lately? Just wondering....

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 10:09:45 AM »
http://www.torontosun.com/News/2006/06/03/1613113.html

A list of the adults arrested and charged with offences under the Criminal Code of Canada. Five youths, who cannot be named, were also charged:

1. Fahim Ahmad, 21, Toronto;

2. Zakaria Amara, 20, Mississauga, Ont.;

3. Asad Ansari, 21, Mississauga;

4. Shareef Abdelhaleen, 30, Mississauga;

5. Qayyum Abdul Jamal, 43, Mississauga;

6. Mohammed Dirie, 22, Kingston, Ont.;

7. Yasim Abdi Mohamed, 24, Kingston;

8. Jahmaal James, 23, Toronto;

9. Amin Mohamed Durrani, 19, Toronto;

10. Steven Vikash Chand alias Abdul Shakur, 25, Toronto;

11. Ahmad Mustafa Ghany, 21, Mississauga;

12. Saad Khalid, 19, Mississauga.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 10:53:03 AM »

You have been proven correct? how have you been proven correct you are spouting absolute nonsense the idea is innocent until proven guilty or let me put it another way over 700 people in Britain have been arrested under the terrorism act of 2000 and out of those 700 people only 17 have ever been charged with any sort of crime, the rest have been freed, they just had to suffer the terrifying ordeal of armed police officers smashing down their homes. Yesterday of course we almost had another police assasination of a UK citizen. We have already had the murder and cover of Charles Mendez in this country. People like you are people to prop up a tired myth that there are tens of thousands of muslims here out to get you all, but its so transparent that only a few are actually falling for it.

Today the papers were splashed with the headlines of find that dirty bomb and yet now everything has been fallen silent again, it could lead people to suspect that it was yet another hoax. It's just a form of mind control the people that are out to get you are in your head. There are not an army of muslims in your country or in any other western country coming for you, even though 24 would have you believe differently.  ::)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 12:29:11 PM »

Today the papers were splashed with the headlines of find that dirty bomb and yet now everything has been fallen silent again, it could lead people to suspect that it was yet another hoax. It's just a form of mind control the people that are out to get you are in your head. There are not an army of muslims in your country or in any other western country coming for you, even though 24 would have you believe differently.  ::)

Yet another hoax? Have you already forgotten about the bombings last year in London and the failed bombings just two weeks after that?? Man you need to open your eyes, terrorism is real. London, New York,Washington D.C.,  Madrid, etc.......terrorism is here and it isn't going anywhere unless we take proactive measures.

I don't want to live like the fucking Israelis....do you?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 12:31:25 PM by Real American »

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 12:34:33 PM »

Yet another hoax? Have you already forgotten about the bombings last year in London and the failed bombings just two weeks after that?? Man you need to open your eyes, terrorism is real. London, New York,Washington D.C.,  Madrid, etc.......terrorism is here and it isn't going anywhere unless we take proactive measures.

I don't want to live like the fucking Israelis....do you?
u always talk about measures can u enlighten us
United Arab States

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 12:35:53 PM »
Terrorism has always been here its not a few phenomenon
Secondly the intelligence services had prior knowledge of london bombings and september 11
Thirdly what failed bomb attacks?
Fourth, hoaxes, yes hoaxes there have been many hoaxes, Canaray Wharf, Manchester United, The Library Tower
Also I noticed you havent responded to my post in its entireity instead just taking a little bit which you are able to respond to

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 12:40:34 PM »
Terrorism has always been here its not a few phenomenon
Secondly the intelligence services had prior knowledge of london bombings and september 11
Thirdly what failed bomb attacks?
Fourth, hoaxes, yes hoaxes there have been many hoaxes, Canaray Wharf, Manchester United, The Library Tower
Also I noticed you havent responded to my post in its entireity instead just taking a little bit which you are able to respond to

Dude you are screwed up in the head.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 12:46:03 PM »

You know there is nothing I have said there which is incorrect if there was you would have refuted it, instead all you can do is say im screwed up? open your eyes if i said something in tha which is incorrect then what is it? if you can't then you are the one with the problem.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 12:52:48 PM »

You know there is nothing I have said there which is incorrect if there was you would have refuted it, instead all you can do is say im screwed up? open your eyes if i said something in tha which is incorrect then what is it? if you can't then you are the one with the problem.

You are screwed up because you think everything is a hoax and everything is a government conspiracy. They just found a bunch of Muslims with 3 tons of bomb materials and you probably are dumb enough to think they are using it as fertilizer. Call me crazy, but I will give the benefit of the doubt to police and law enforcement officials rather than some guy named Abdul Muhhamed Malik Assiz Shakur Jabbar.

You are still in denial because no matter how many 9/11's, Madrid, Londons, Balis, etc there are you still think Islamic terror is a joke. Like I said, you might want to live like an Israeli, but I don't.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 12:59:24 PM »

are you denying that the intelligence services had prior knowledge of the london bombings even though all the daily publications said that they had one of the guys on tape saying he was going to set off a bomb and then disappear out of the country and what did the intelligence services do? they stopped putting surveillance on them, and hid the tape from the prying eyes of the enquiry, as for september 11 come on dont insult peoples intellingence most people will admit that the government had prior knowledge of that also. As for the hoaxes well some of them have even been admitted, Canary Wharf for example. As for you talking about the canadian incident shouldnt you wait instead of saying guilty lol, you dont know the facts, let a court decide, jesus.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 01:01:56 PM by virtuoso »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 01:02:13 PM »

So are you denying that the intelligence services had prior knowledge of the london bombings even though all the daily publications said that they had one of the guys on tape saying he was going to set off a bomb and then disappear out of the country and what did the intelligence services do? they stopped putting surveillance on them, and hid the tape from the prying eyes of the enquiry, as for september 11 come on dont insult peoples intellingence most people will admit that the government had prior knowledge of that also.

When you start with the nonsense and the conspiracy theories is when I am talking to you.

Congratulaitons, you win the debate. The American government was behind 9/11, the London bombings, and every other terrorist attacks. You win, I was wrong.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 01:05:41 PM »

See the funny thing its certain parts of the government that are the conspiracy theorists as they are actually fooling you into believing there are tens of thousands of muslims in your country and in europe out to get you. Just so you dont get things twisted though again i reiterate terrorism has been around for a long long time, the IRA were probably the most prevalent here in britain although you could argue they were freedom fighters, but getting away from that point i never said there werent people who want to do harm what I am pointing out is that in both those recent events they have known damn well about these people before the incidents. I can not comment on the spanish bombing as I don't know anything aboutt it really and havent heard it mentioned much. Aside from you discrediting yourself by dismissing this point though you have exposed yourself further as someone who believes all the crap you hear from the government. Let me tell you that those 700 people arrested there were horrifying stories put as reasons for their arrests and then low and behold the stories go away under your first headline you hear system each of these would have been found guilty.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 01:11:06 PM by virtuoso »

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 02:38:55 PM »
holy smokes, most of these ppl live close by me (i live close to Mississauga)
just came back home and i saw near all these government offices and it looks like they beefed up security cause there was a cop car in the government buildings right behind my place

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

J Bananas

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 02:42:39 PM »
this is legit rap, IRS can suck my books