Author Topic: Ecclesiastes 10:2  (Read 602 times)

Trauma-san

Ecclesiastes 10:2
« on: June 03, 2006, 03:49:33 PM »
Ecclesiastes 10:2

A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ecclesiastes 10:2
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 04:19:32 PM »
Does that mean you should do what's right, and not what's left to do?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 04:57:36 PM »
^congrats on post no. 6 grand

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 05:27:23 PM »
Does that mean you should do what's right, and not what's left to do?

I honestly don't know. 

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 07:48:07 PM »
i think its becuz back in the day being left handed was looked at as wrong or abnormal and left-handed ppl were discriminated against.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 08:04:37 PM »
i think its becuz back in the day being left handed was looked at as wrong or abnormal and left-handed ppl were discriminated against.

:'(
I'm deformed and handicapped.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 11:20:28 PM »

dont worry Sik.  no ones perfect.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 05:29:10 AM »

Even my father learned how to write with the right hand as a child because of that lol. Quite sad.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

coola

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 05:34:38 AM »

me too !! but i'm only left-handed with writing and drawing... sports and such all right handed... i can kick a ball left or right though..  :-*

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 03:15:14 PM »
That verse just shows how open the Bible can be for interpretation. I'm sure some psychopath could spind that in order to justify his sick agenda.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 03:42:27 PM »
i like this one...  (Ecclesiastes 7:5)

"It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools"

seems the singing has stopped of late no?

some anti-lefty propoganda.. http://www.users.csbsju.edu/~eknuth/rehu/dex-text.html

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 05:18:06 PM »
must be one of those..."you need to be god's right hand" type of thing.

and about the "It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools"

i didn't understand the man to hear the song of fools. 
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 05:24:09 PM »
That's a beautiful passage.  It means (as I take it, i'm no genius) that it's much better to hear harsh words that you don't like to hear from someone who is very wise, than it is to hear pretty words that you enjoy from someone who is a fool. 

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 05:33:48 PM »
That's a beautiful passage.  It means (as I take it, i'm no genius) that it's much better to hear harsh words that you don't like to hear from someone who is very wise, than it is to hear pretty words that you enjoy from someone who is a fool. 
^^That was my first impression. The I thought it can also mean, it is better for a wise person to argue against you, then for a fool to praise you.

"It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools" 
Beacuse it suggests that It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise then for a man (the same person) to hear the song (praise) of fools. Or it is better to be rebuked by a wise man then to listen to a fool, depending on what "hear the song" means.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 11:36:49 PM »
oh okay..i get it now...i need to focus more on bible.. :P
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]