Author Topic: Gain Weight Tips?  (Read 1047 times)

J Bananas

Re: Gain Weight Tips?
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2006, 02:08:31 PM »
seer let me be tot mod

Sikotic™

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2006, 02:14:11 PM »

yeah i know a guy who cant put o weight coz his metabolism is so dam,n fast..

but i think losing weight is a lot lot more difficult..

How is it a lot more difficult? If you're skinny and you have a fast metabolism, it's almost impossible to slow it down, no matter what you eat. If you're fat, you can eat only a can of tuna and an apple every day, and I guarantee that you'll lose weight...PeACe

And if you're skinny, you can eat a ton of food and pick up some weight too. There are things you can do to slow your metabolism down just like there are ways to speed it up. They're both equally easy/difficult. It all depends on the motivation of the person.

I know people who eat a ton of food and still can't pick up weight...I'm one of these people, I actually live on fast food and junk. At one point, I was motivated to bulk up, I started taking weight-gainer shakes and all that shit, but my metabolism kept me at the same weight...When you're fat, you can ALWAYS lose weight, unless it's some sort of medical condition that keeps you that way...PeACe

Sometimes it's not what you eat but how much you eat. My one homie was a stick and trying to gain weight by eating fatty foods. I told him to double up his meals and eat non-stop and the guy fially picked up weight.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2006, 02:42:30 PM »
tuna is the perfect meal if you want to reduce your body fat percentage and at the same time gain muscle. I eat almost 300 gramms of plain tuna daily. also, eat hot food, it burns fat. sounds funny, but true. and eat vegetables, that'll speed up your metabolism. if you want to gain weight, do the opposite of what I just wrote. and one thing about that KFC shit... chicken is a bad type of flesh to gain weight. it has less fat than pork, beef. it's the type of flesh you should eat if you NEED flesh, but want to lose weight.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 02:45:16 PM by 7even says: Fuck what Simon says. »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2006, 03:09:50 PM »

yeah i know a guy who cant put o weight coz his metabolism is so dam,n fast..

but i think losing weight is a lot lot more difficult..

How is it a lot more difficult? If you're skinny and you have a fast metabolism, it's almost impossible to slow it down, no matter what you eat. If you're fat, you can eat only a can of tuna and an apple every day, and I guarantee that you'll lose weight...PeACe

And if you're skinny, you can eat a ton of food and pick up some weight too. There are things you can do to slow your metabolism down just like there are ways to speed it up. They're both equally easy/difficult. It all depends on the motivation of the person.
i never knew there were ways to slow down your metabolism i thought i u were born like that then thats it. If i could slow down my metab that would def. do the trick.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2006, 03:18:04 PM »
I know people who eat a ton of food and still can't pick up weight...I'm one of these people, I actually live on fast food and junk.

Sometimes it's not what you eat but how much you eat. My one homie was a stick and trying to gain weight by eating fatty foods. I told him to double up his meals and eat non-stop and the guy fially picked up weight.

Like I said ^^^

It all depends, I guess. But I'd say in general, it is harder to gain weight than it is to lose...PeACe

Sikotic™

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2006, 04:32:08 PM »
Let me eat McDonald's for a week I'll disprove your theory lol.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

acgrundy

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2006, 05:13:11 PM »
lol @ its easier to lose weight than it is to gain weight.  umm, how about the fact that like 40% of America is obese, and people dying from heart disease and clogged arteries is like the #1 killer in America.  Losing weight has a huge mental side of it too.

Everyone's metabolism is different.  The older you get the more your metabolism slows down.  The more you exercise the faster your metabolism becomes.  The more muscle mass you have will increase your metabolism.  I gotta say I would think you would be pretty dumb to want to slow your metabolism down.  Gaining weight is very simple:  Eat and lift.  You say you know people who eat a ton and don't do any exercise and can't gain weight, well one of the problems is because they are not getting any exercise.  Muscle mass weighs more than fat.  Lift weights hard and you will gain weight.  You gotta learn the right foods to eat and the right time to eat them.  If you are not gaining weight, you don't need to slow your metabolism down, you need to workout more and eat more, its as simple as that.  And don't eat shitty foods like mcdonalds.  Try stuff like eating a dozen eggs a day, along with a couple of cans of tuna, and some chicken, along with other stuff.  That kind of diet coupled with heavy lifting will add muscle which inturn will increase your weight.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2006, 07:16:15 PM »
^^ muscle weighs more then fat ??

i dunno man u can take a big ass body builder mr olympia and take a fat ass muthafucker living in iowa.

same physical attributes with a big ass stomach outweighs him by more then 200 lbs lol

and the wierdest thing is the fat guy usually thinks hes stronger then the body builder

coola

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2006, 01:01:07 AM »
^ acgrundy and seer knows whats up... muscle is more dense than fat, therefore it is heavier... look at a fat man compared to a body builer, the body builder will be half his size, but probably weigh close to the same amount...

and a skinny person with a fast metabolism, would find it harder to lose weight than a fat person with a slow metabolism... unless you exercise you cant force yourself to eat, it is hard work to over-eat... unless you have a mental condition...

that being said, i think it's easier to eat less, than to force feed... eating less takes determination and control, mainly mental, eating more is real difficult, not only do you have the mental aspect of forcing yourself to eat when youre not hungry, but you also have the physical of forcing it down, and keeping it there.

on a side note, professional body builders gain on average 6kg per year (no steroids), a person with a slow metabolism could triple that in fat gain, and also triple that in fat loss... if you have a fast metabolism, you wont put on fat, your only choice is weights, and that is a slow and painful process... but if you get into weights, you'll realise the pain feels good after a while, and you get addicted to the endorphins... you also see the results and motivation increases, you start to feel bad when you dont work out...

plus sex is 100x better when your body and mind is fit.

Sikotic™

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2006, 01:04:53 AM »
^^ muscle weighs more then fat ??

i dunno man u can take a big ass body builder mr olympia and take a fat ass muthafucker living in iowa.

same physical attributes with a big ass stomach outweighs him by more then 200 lbs lol

and the wierdest thing is the fat guy usually thinks hes stronger then the body builder

Nah man, it's common sense. Muscle is more dense than fat, therefore heavier.

It's just a fat guy will probably have a lot more fat than a body builder has muscle.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

coola

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2006, 01:13:28 AM »
another thing a body builder once told me, this guy is inase right, he lifts personalized weights, i forget the exact amount... he lifted over 40kg bells, he got sick for two weeks, and lost 3 months work, the amount of weight he lost was extreme, thats party because he lost so much fluid, but it's crazy 2 weeks set him back so much.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2006, 10:40:11 AM »
Let me eat McDonald's for a week I'll disprove your theory lol.

Like I said, it's different for every person...Where did I say that eating McDonalds for a week wont get you fatter? LOL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2006, 10:51:31 AM »
lol @ its easier to lose weight than it is to gain weight.  umm, how about the fact that like 40% of America is obese, and people dying from heart disease and clogged arteries is like the #1 killer in America.  Losing weight has a huge mental side of it too.

Everyone's metabolism is different.  The older you get the more your metabolism slows down.  The more you exercise the faster your metabolism becomes.  The more muscle mass you have will increase your metabolism.  I gotta say I would think you would be pretty dumb to want to slow your metabolism down.  Gaining weight is very simple:  Eat and lift.  You say you know people who eat a ton and don't do any exercise and can't gain weight, well one of the problems is because they are not getting any exercise.  Muscle mass weighs more than fat.  Lift weights hard and you will gain weight.  You gotta learn the right foods to eat and the right time to eat them.  If you are not gaining weight, you don't need to slow your metabolism down, you need to workout more and eat more, its as simple as that.  And don't eat shitty foods like mcdonalds.  Try stuff like eating a dozen eggs a day, along with a couple of cans of tuna, and some chicken, along with other stuff.  That kind of diet coupled with heavy lifting will add muscle which inturn will increase your weight.

You missed the point...I wasn't saying that it's easier for everyone. I'm saying that in general, if you have a speedy metabolism it's harder to gain weight, as opposed to someone with a slow metabolism trying to lose weight. Like I said, eat a can of tuna and an apple a day, and you'll lose weight for sure, simple as that...Now to gain? You need meat on your body before you start lifting, you can't just lift if you're super skinny and expect to gain weight, all you'll do is become more ripped, while staying small...I used to work out a lot, and I was really ripped, six pack and everything, but I still wasn't bulk, because my metabolism kept me slim, no matter how much protein, carbs, calorie intake, etc. I was fuckin' with...I'm sure that if I dedicated myself, I could become buff as fuck, but it would be so much work. If I was fat, it'd be easier for me, cuz I'd just go on the tuna-apple diet...PeACe

Don Seer

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2006, 11:14:26 AM »

^ yeah its all about body types..

one fact is.. as you get older your metabolism does slow down.. which makes it harder to lose weight.. which is why i've had to start going to the gym... once i hit 29 i realised i'd put on a bit of weight.. i've not changed my eating habits or anything..but just started putting on some.. so i've acted before its outta control..

acgrundy

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2006, 05:59:06 PM »

Like I said, eat a can of tuna and an apple a day, and you'll lose weight for sure, simple as that...Now to gain?

lol, its not as simple as that.  try eating just 1 apple and 1 can of tuna for a day for a week.  I weigh roughly 200 lbs, so I take in an avg of 3000 calories a day.  1 apple and 1 can of tuna = less than 300 calories.  So you are saying taking in only 10% of my normal calorie intake is as simple as that?  lol, I don't think so dude.  Why do you think a majority of people are overweight?  Because its extremely easier to get fat and gain weight than it is to lose weight.  I'm in decent shape, by far in better shape than a majority of america.  Take someone who really is overweight, say 400 pounds, they take in at least 5000 calories a day probably more like 6000.  So you think its easy for them to cut down to 300 a day?

Gaining weight is way easier than losing weight.  And if you really have problems, just start drinking beer.  Beer has a shitload of calories in it.  and then once youve had a few beers usually you get the munchies.  Getting drunk all the time works hand in hand with gaining weight.