Author Topic: Gain Weight Tips?  (Read 1044 times)

Don Seer

Re: Gain Weight Tips?
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2006, 12:11:57 AM »

gaining weight is easier for sure.. unless you're one of those skinny bodytypes we've been talking about.. think there are 3 main bodytypes..

Sikotic™

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2006, 12:15:33 AM »
I'm dropping weight right now. Eating about 600-1,000 calories a day. I wish I could be like one of you skinny guys and eat 3,000 and nothing happens.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Word to Everything

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2006, 08:34:35 AM »
I'm dropping weight right now. Eating about 600-1,000 calories a day. I wish I could be like one of you skinny guys and eat 3,000 and nothing happens.

Why don't you consume 2,000 calories and have sex with Oklin for 3 hours.

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/csex.htm  :D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2006, 10:44:19 AM »
lol @ its easier to lose weight than it is to gain weight.  umm, how about the fact that like 40% of America is obese, and people dying from heart disease and clogged arteries is like the #1 killer in America.  Losing weight has a huge mental side of it too.

Everyone's metabolism is different.  The older you get the more your metabolism slows down.  The more you exercise the faster your metabolism becomes.  The more muscle mass you have will increase your metabolism.  I gotta say I would think you would be pretty dumb to want to slow your metabolism down.  Gaining weight is very simple:  Eat and lift.  You say you know people who eat a ton and don't do any exercise and can't gain weight, well one of the problems is because they are not getting any exercise.  Muscle mass weighs more than fat.  Lift weights hard and you will gain weight.  You gotta learn the right foods to eat and the right time to eat them.  If you are not gaining weight, you don't need to slow your metabolism down, you need to workout more and eat more, its as simple as that.  And don't eat shitty foods like mcdonalds.  Try stuff like eating a dozen eggs a day, along with a couple of cans of tuna, and some chicken, along with other stuff.  That kind of diet coupled with heavy lifting will add muscle which inturn will increase your weight.
Like I said, eat a can of tuna and an apple a day, and you'll lose weight for sure, simple as that...Now to gain?

lol, its not as simple as that.  try eating just 1 apple and 1 can of tuna for a day for a week.  I weigh roughly 200 lbs, so I take in an avg of 3000 calories a day.  1 apple and 1 can of tuna = less than 300 calories.  So you are saying taking in only 10% of my normal calorie intake is as simple as that?  lol, I don't think so dude.  Why do you think a majority of people are overweight?  Because its extremely easier to get fat and gain weight than it is to lose weight.  I'm in decent shape, by far in better shape than a majority of america.  Take someone who really is overweight, say 400 pounds, they take in at least 5000 calories a day probably more like 6000.  So you think its easy for them to cut down to 300 a day?

Gaining weight is way easier than losing weight.  And if you really have problems, just start drinking beer.  Beer has a shitload of calories in it.  and then once youve had a few beers usually you get the munchies.  Getting drunk all the time works hand in hand with gaining weight.

Are you paying attention? I've BEEN saying that for some people it's harder to lose weight, yes, but for some people it IS easier, believe it or not. It all depends on the body type. To say "gaining weight is way easier than losing weight" is a joke...The majority of people are fat because they live unhealthy and don't have enough determination to change. YES, you CAN eat only a can of tuna and an apple a day. MENTALLY, it will be tough on you, obviously, because you're so used to a much more massive calorie intake. But physically it would actually be good for you, especially in the long run after you drop the weight. It will also cleanse your insides, because you'll have to consume a lot of water to fill you up, and that's another health benefit. All it takes is self-control and a whole lot of mind power. Like I said, that is the diet Christian Bale used when he dropped 63 pounds in a matter of a couple months for his role in "The Machinist". Now, if you wanna gain weight, you gotta do the complete opposite. It's not about controlling yourself, it's about forcing food down when you're not hungry, which can be very tough physically. It's not like you think "just drink beers"...I drink beers all the time, it doesn't really matter, my body doesn't take it like yours does...I know that if I was heavily determined, I could become buff, but with so much work...But for me, it's simply easier to lose weight. When I stopped working out, I lost a grip of weight without trying. So yea, it depends on the person, and when it comes down to losing weight vs. gaining weight, the process is a lot more MENTAL for losing...PeACe

Don Seer

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2006, 10:47:24 AM »
believe it or not i'm agreeing with NIK on this post too.. so he's gotta be right  :-* :-*

..eating too much will make you lazy and sluggish.. thats _what_ bad eating habits do to you.. its a vicious cycle

i wouldnt go out looking to gain weight.. this is a shot in the dark.. but i suspect the motivation probablyt isn't weight, but to appear less skinny.. so just work out, and eat... your appetite will go up with the working out, and physique will improve.

in my case i took up the gym because i was overweight.. i've dropped weight, and my stamina and physique has improved remarkably.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 10:51:52 AM by Overseer »

acgrundy

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2006, 05:15:22 PM »
like I said before, 40% of america is obese.  Probably at least like 75% is overweight.  There 10's of thousands of gyms in america.  There is millions of diets.  There is thousands of drugs for losing weight.  Yet the majority of america is overweight.  Its very simple logic guys.  I don't think many people want to be fat.  If losing weight was easier than gaining weight, there would not be nearly this many fat people in the world.  Its very simple, to lose weight you have to cut the amount of calories you take in, to gain weight you have to increase the amount of calories.  That is the simple basics of weight gain/loss.  Its always easier to eat more than it is less.  Of course there are people who are outliers of the statistics, and it takes them a ton more effort to either gain/lose weight than the avg person.  But in general for the majority, it is much easier to gain weight rather than lose weight. 

Here I'll put it very simple for you:  40% of america is obese.  Do you think 1 person out of all those millions wants to be obese?  Do you think those people wake up in the morning and say, Damn, I cannot wait till I get to 500lbs!!!  Do these people TRY to get to that weight?  Hell no, they hate it.  Meanwhile you got people dieting and busting their asses off to lose some weight and can't seem to do it.  If you can't understand that you should be taken back to the zoo you escaped from.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2006, 05:19:11 PM »
Protien Shake...get a good one......eat A LOT...but healthy...

I started to work out HARD for the first time starting in March...i cooled off in may...so after 2 months of working out, i went from 160 to 175...im at 171 atm...thats my constant weight....All i took was protien powder twice a day and made sure I ate alot and got my sleep.

if that doesn't work...take some M1T's :D..or some other form of steriod lol
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 05:32:44 PM by eS El Duque »
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2006, 05:41:03 PM »
like I said before, 40% of america is obese.  Probably at least like 75% is overweight.  There 10's of thousands of gyms in america.  There is millions of diets.  There is thousands of drugs for losing weight.  Yet the majority of america is overweight.  Its very simple logic guys.  I don't think many people want to be fat.  If losing weight was easier than gaining weight, there would not be nearly this many fat people in the world.  Its very simple, to lose weight you have to cut the amount of calories you take in, to gain weight you have to increase the amount of calories.  That is the simple basics of weight gain/loss.  Its always easier to eat more than it is less.  Of course there are people who are outliers of the statistics, and it takes them a ton more effort to either gain/lose weight than the avg person.  But in general for the majority, it is much easier to gain weight rather than lose weight. 

Here I'll put it very simple for you:  40% of america is obese.  Do you think 1 person out of all those millions wants to be obese?  Do you think those people wake up in the morning and say, Damn, I cannot wait till I get to 500lbs!!!  Do these people TRY to get to that weight?  Hell no, they hate it.  Meanwhile you got people dieting and busting their asses off to lose some weight and can't seem to do it.  If you can't understand that you should be taken back to the zoo you escaped from.

You just can't seem to understand anything...Those people are obese because they CHOOSE to be. Not that they asked to be obese, but I guarantee you that at least 75% of them live unhealthy lifestyles, which is why they look like that to begin with. That doesn't change the fact that a good percentage of people are UNDERWEIGHT (though people draw less attention to this, because it's not as unhealthy/ugly a problem). And it definitely doesn't change the fact that it's not easier to gain weight than it is to lose...If you're a fatass living an unhealthy lifestyle, of course it's not gunna be easy for you to lose weight, but you still have a lot more things to help you lose weight (diets, gyms, "thousands of drugs for losing weight") than a skinny dude who eats a lot and has a fast metabolism...What's easier? Stopping yourself from eating or forcing food down your throat?...If you can't understand that you should re-read until you do...PeACe

acgrundy

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2006, 06:33:54 PM »
well I'm not here to argue.  Nobody chooses to be obese.  Yes they live unhealthy lifestyles, but they are not at all trying to be 400 lbs, they get there because it is naturally easier to gain weight than lose weight.  but think whatever you want dude, the numbers don't lie.  Look at the statistics.  but whatever, this gives me a good laugh knowing there are people out there that think peope choose to be obese, and could easily just eat an apple and a can of tuna a day and become super thin.

coola

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2006, 11:46:13 PM »
^ lol i'm loving the catch phrase, apple and a can of tuna  :D

i dont think that diet would work, when you start eating proper again, you'll double what you lose..

argument does go both ways, but the fact of the matter is, LOSING WEIGHT IS EASIER... you will drop weight faster than you will put it on. (compare someone on a weight loss diet, to someone trying to put weight on) ... who will lose/gain more weight ? it's pretty basic common sense.

ps. i just worked out you can hi-light a sentence, and press bold, it will do it all for you  :D before i was copy pasting like crazy !
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 11:47:48 PM by Chief »

Sikotic™

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2006, 02:38:23 AM »
Eating a can of tuna and an apple is extremely unhealthy too. You need a balanced diet whether you're gaining or dropping weight. If I was Christian Bale and getting paid major bank to lose weight, then I'd take the apple and tuna too.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

coola

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2006, 08:29:46 AM »
^ yeah for sure...

sometimes even eating more will help lose weight funnily enough, thats if the right foods are eaten.. starving yourself is not only extremely unhealthy, but it doesnt do jack for the long run..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2006, 11:19:56 AM »
but the fact of the matter is, LOSING WEIGHT IS EASIER... you will drop weight faster than you will put it on. (compare someone on a weight loss diet, to someone trying to put weight on) ... who will lose/gain more weight ? it's pretty basic common sense.

This is what it comes down to...If you can't get that a majority of people are obese because they consume/do shit they're not supposed to, then I feel for you. It's not like they said "hey, make me fat", but it's not like they don't have a choice to do something about it. Like Acgrundy said, there are thousands of weight loss programs out there, people just aren't determined enough and love McDonalds too much... Why do you think America is the fattest country? It's cuz we're the most spoiled...Not saying that you CANT gain weight with determination if you're a skinny dude, but in general, it will be more work and the process will be tougher physically as well, where as a weight loss programs is EXTREMELY mental...The apple-tuna diet IS healthy for ANYONE to do once in a while, regardless of what people on here are saying... you cleanse out your body by filling yourself up with water that way, which is KNOWN to be healthy, and if your brain is strong enough, there's no way anyone on this earth CAN'T do it...Those who have trouble losing weight still have a much easier road than those who have trouble gaining weight. But then again, it all depends on the body type, and that's the main thing I've been tryna get across...It's not really an argument.

PS...Acgrundy, you still blaze?

Sikotic™

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2006, 03:26:02 PM »
The apple-tuna diet is not healthy and here are the reasons why: You deprive yourself of various amino acids and other nutrients that apples and tuna can't provide. Not to mention you're lacking carbs and fat which are essential for your brain function and give you the majority of the energy needed for your body. Any of those yo-yo diets that advertise quick and amazing results will lead to most people gaining all of the weight back (and maybe more) and cause strain on the body that will lead to health problems later on in life.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2006, 04:23:47 PM »
The apple-tuna diet is not healthy and here are the reasons why: You deprive yourself of various amino acids and other nutrients that apples and tuna can't provide. Not to mention you're lacking carbs and fat which are essential for your brain function and give you the majority of the energy needed for your body. Any of those yo-yo diets that advertise quick and amazing results will lead to most people gaining all of the weight back (and maybe more) and cause strain on the body that will lead to health problems later on in life.

Not saying to do it all the time, but it's known that if you take a break from food and drink only water for a short period of time, and maybe eat a few natural foods, it cleanses your body, which is extremely healthy. I guess there can possibly be some questionable health concerns to it, but what doesn't? In the long run, it can work if you maintain a healthy diet once the weight is off...PeACe