Author Topic: DJ Quik Portland Concert Review + Pics!  (Read 627 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
DJ Quik Portland Concert Review + Pics!
« on: June 10, 2006, 11:30:31 AM »
All I can say is "WOW". It's a little after 11:00 am westcoast time right now, the concert ended about 9 hours ago, and I'm still buzzing about how AWESOME this concert was!

First Sassy came out and did her first performance in 6 years. Her mother had just passed away not too long ago so she did a new accapella, dedicating it to her mom, but then went into her big hit "Kiss You" fea. Ghetto Romeo. That track is like 5 years or so old now, but it's a banger, so check it out if you haven't heard it yet! Those two tracks concluded her set.

Next up was J-Mack. I know some of ya'll are familiar with him, and dude really got the party started. Had great energy all the way through his set. Towards the end of his set, ofcourse the energy started dying down (especially since alot of peeps didn't know who he was), so he decided to get the ladies back into but taking off his shirt and whatnot. Dude knew how to get the crowd on his side, and did a very nice set of about 6 or 8 songs.

The last opening act was Mitchy Slick. Dude made me a believer tonight. I never listened to too much of him, but he performed some of his classic cuts, as well as a few new one's that he said will be coming out on his new album, which will drop August 1st. I got to meet dude, bought one of his cd's, had him autograph it, as well as a Strong Arm Steady poster I was able to get. Really nice guy, and the music was blazing. He performed for about a half hour. Then after about a 45 minute way in between sets, it was time........

"DJ Quik is in the muthafuckin house!!!".......Damn the place went nuts! Dude didn't have no big entrance, no  music playin when he came out, no one introduced him....he just walked out on the stage and the venue went bananas!!!!!! It was electric in this place! I kept thinking to myself, I've been telling everyone I know about this show....helping to advertise for it on MySpace and whatnot....telling them that if they miss this concert, they're really going to be sorry. As soon as I saw the energy from the crowd, and the love, I knew that I was right in everything I had said before, and this was going to be a very classic show!

Quik did all his hits!!!! His set lasted for over two  hours! He took the time to stop the show, talk to us in the crowd. I got to give him a handshake and ask him about Amir's project. He said it's gonna be like a hurricane cuz it's gonna catch everyone off guard by how nice it sounds. At one point dude went and hopped on top of the big-ass speakers that were stacked on eachother on the stage, so then he could go up through the balcony of people! He did this, went all the way around through the balcony, through the back of the venue, and ended up on the other side of the balcony, where he hopped on the speakers ont hat side, and back on to the stage. It was nuts!!!!! He brought AMG & Slip Capone with him. Slip Capone was pretty much a hype man for most of the night, but he was the BEST hype man Quik could've picked. He didn't let the crowd fall asleep or get restless in between songs or whatever. He kept us in it all night long..Amg was there basically to rap back up for Quick, and they did about 5 tracks or so together. When they did "Bitch Better Have My Money" they brought a bunch of girls up to the stage (including one HUGE girl for Slip to make fun of while she was dancing lol), and the crowd went nuts, singing along with every word.

Dude did everything in this show. Got his B-Walk on for the crowd.....had real nice dedications for 2Pac & Biggie....Quik poured some Hennessy out....it was straight fire!

Also, him and Suga free must still be beefing, cuz at one point someone asked where Suga Free was, and Quik said "Can you believe dude keeps getting more and more jealous of me. He even had the nerve to call me a faggot! A homosexual! I'm gonna tell ya'll straight up, if I had a dollar for every different bitch I've slept with, I wouldn't be here doin this show for ya'll tonight. I'd be on a leer jet on my way to my own country or some shit" lol....the crowd was laughing at that point, but it didn't sound like Suga Free & Quik are on good terms.

But then, when we thought he had done all his tracks except "Tonite" (He saved that for the last songs, and even performed it TWICE!), he said he had some NEW shit for us! He said we were a VERY lucky crowd because 6 hours before the concert started, Quik, AMG & Domino were in a Portland recording studio finishing recording a song together for a "top secret project" that Quik is working on as we speak! They performed the track for us (minus Domino's verse since he wasn't there) and it was FIIIIIRRREEE!!!!! It sampled that old "I'm # 1" track from back in the day, but the crowd was loving it! I can't wait to see where it will come out.

Anyways, I gotta be bouncing, but thought I'd give ya a quick little review of the show, that you should be kicking yourself if you had a chance to go, and you missed it. You just straight blew it hoime. No other way to put it. It's all on you!

As soon as I walked in, they wouldn't let me use my palm/phone because I could record like an hour of video on it, and they knew it. But I still managed to sneak my digital camera in, and get about 20 pictures or so before the security guard caught me and took the damn batteries out of it lol......Anyways here's some pics from the show. Hope everyone enjoyed the read, and make sure you see the DJ Quik performance when he comes to your town!

Smoke

Re: DJ Quik Portland Concert Review + Pics!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 12:00:32 PM »
Thank u for your review homie i appreciate that

shit still beef with Suga Free

cant wait for this new project

WestCoasta

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 12:07:25 PM »
fuck, nice review

sounds crazy.... can't wait for the new material

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 12:18:21 PM »
Thanks, for the story and for the pictures too.

Quik dissed Amir a year ago and now guess what, once again he changed opinion.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 12:19:07 PM »
Thanks, for the story and for the pictures too.

Quik dissed Amir a year ago and now guess what, once again he changed opinion.
Wow, really? Why did he diss Amir?

WestCoasta

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 12:39:00 PM »
^^^ ya, I remember he did in that last video interview he did

he said that Amir was talkin shit or somethin... then he was like "you'll never be the next Eminem, haha!"

T-Dub

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 05:42:56 PM »
nice review, props on the pics

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 05:57:19 PM »
Fuck yes, I'm amped for the Anaheim one I'm goin to next week.

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 09:40:18 PM »
Nice pictures man, appreciate the review.
Looks like u got closer than a muthafucka..hopefully i'll do that in Anaheim...
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

coola

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 10:41:29 PM »
thanks for the review !

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 11:00:20 PM »
if him and suga free are still beefin then he played himself by tryna squash that beef
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 11:45:31 PM »
Quik has had more changes of the heart then Game ever has !!!

Intriago33

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 01:27:37 AM »
nice review , sounded like a tight show.
& great pics.

Diggfinger

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 06:30:15 AM »
YEah, funny thing about QUik and Amir. Also said that he and Free didnt really work it out after all.... :'(

anyway, great review and cant wait for the new stuff!!! :laugh:

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 10:51:07 AM »
dam i shouldda been there  >:(