Author Topic: Proof that America is #1  (Read 839 times)

coola

Re: Proof that America is #1
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2006, 01:26:00 AM »
5 Quick Reasons Why America Doesn't Suck
The United States has taken quite a beating lately. Not a military one, mind you. I’m talking about a serious tongue-lashing from damned near anyone who can open their mouth. Some of our readers have expressed concern about Shoutwire becoming IHateAmericaWire. With this in mind, I have compiled a small list of things that I like about America (in no particular order).

1. The Space Programme

I have followed America’s exploits in space since I was able to read. I can remember reading about the Viking landers, the Voyager and the Pioneer probes. The pictures that they sent back captured my imagination. It was America’s space program that inspired me to pursue a career in the sciences.

Doubtless, I am not the only one who has had this experience. On behalf of the thousands of children worldwide who have been inspired by 4 decades of space exploration, I say thank you America.

2. Motion Pictures

Many countries have a film industry, but none are as incredible as America’s. Thanks to Hollywood, I have been catapulted into the front lines of World War II, experienced the disgrace that was the Holocaust, and followed the yellow brick road with Dorothy and company. When I feel bored or blue, Spaceballs is always at arms length to cheer me up. So for all of the times when I’ve needed to watch a film, I say thank you America.

3. Research and Development

Most of the things that surround me in my everyday life would not have been possible without America. From computers to cars, microwaves to monitors, the United States has helped mould them into what they are today.

Let’s face it. America is a rich nation with lots of smart people. They have great ideas, and the cash to bring them to fruition. I think sometimes people take for granted that much of the modern world was brought to us by America. Tonight, when I surf the internet on my conceived-in-America computer, I’ll say thank you, America.

4. Freedom

America doesn’t have a monopoly on freedom. Hell, some country’s citizens are more free than Americans. However, none are more vocal about their love for freedom.

When I was growing up, I watched a lot of American television. Characters like Hulk Hogan, G.I. Joe and others made it seem like Americans valued freedom above all else. My young, impressionable mind soaked this concept up like a sponge. Today, I still value freedom and refuse to take it for granted. Thank you, America.

5. National Identity

Canada and America share a border, a language, and an economy (pretty much). Our societies are heavily integrated. Are we the same? NEVER!! Canadians love to tell others how much we differ from our neighbours. So much so, that “not being American” is a part of who we are. Canada has struggled to differentiate itself from its big brother since Confederation. It is a topic that I love to debate. So America, thank you for being a huge, overbearing neighbour. “We are not Americans” has become our national identity.

Everyone loves to jump on the “I hate America” bandwagon these days. Just remember, no matter what idiocy is spouted by their government, America isn’t all that bad.

source shoutwire.com

yep, love it or hate it... america IS great.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 02:51:05 AM »
Jealous? My ass. I wouldn't like to live in a country infested with gangs, racists,bigots and religious fundamentalist.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 05:51:17 AM »
Jealous? My ass. I wouldn't like to live in a country infested with gangs, racists,bigots and religious fundamentalist.
but these are things u can find in any other country as well more or less- n i dont think america is#1 though-
according to which standarts of measurement can u rank countrys? in my oppinion this is a pointless occupation.
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

J Bananas

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 01:48:36 PM »
J BANANAS 4 TOT MOD 2006, THE PEOPLES CHOICE!

WestCoasta

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2006, 03:05:57 PM »
ha, ya only in America right?  ::)

Sikotic™

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2006, 03:25:36 PM »
ha, ya only in America right?  ::)

Hmm.....somebody hasn't been to the US in a while...
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

AndrE16686

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 03:33:08 AM »
Im just playin America you kno I love you!  :banana_rock:

have you ever been standing in the woods with your friends, 1am, huddled around a dead hookers body while you vote on whether to bury, or chop and disperse her carcass?

I cant say I have....yet im still young who knows what the future holds!