Author Topic: Kastro & Edi - Blood Brothers  (Read 607 times)

Plumma25

• 'G'
Kastro & Edi - Blood Brothers
« on: June 12, 2006, 06:35:37 AM »
A solid but not GREAT release by The Outlawz right here.  Often overlooked but def a listenable cd esp if you are a huge fan of the LAWZ.  At least 5 Great tracks and only 3-4 horrible on the whole thing.  Highly recommended.

1. Makaveli And Kadafi’s Intro – Nothing really hear, just an opening instrumental.  No rating.

2. Desperations – Nice dark eerie beat here from Mike Dean.  Both Kastro and Edi shine over this beat.  I really like Edi’s first verse, to me it is one of his best ever.  Great way to start the album, really sets the mood for the album.  4.5/5

3. No More – Edi does the production on this one, and Edi is really hit or miss when he gets on the board.  And this one is somewhere in the middle.  Its not great but its def not too bad either.  A little above average and nothing more.  Kastro really rips it up while Edi spits some below average rhymes.  But Kastro really saves this song.  3/5

4. Lost Love – This is my favorite song on the whole album and really in my opinion is a PERFECT song.  Nice dark beat by Mr. Lee and it really fits the song.  Nice chrous by Kastro and both have really good lyrics talking about getting burned by homies and girls.  Really a great OUTLAW song.  You can hear Pac in them on this one.  5/5

5. Never Givin’ It Up – I love the beat on this one.  A simple guitar riff throughout, nice up beat tempo that fits the song.  Just a song that talks about no matter how hard it gets they’ll never give up rappin.  I love the way they go back and forth with their rhymes.  Another banger!!!  4.5/5

6. Just Us f/Dirty Bert – Another Mike Dean banger here.  He is so great at those dark eerie beats and this one is no different.  Both Edi and Kastro again shine over this beat.  Dirty Bert, a Jersey Mob member sounds good, but nothing mind blowing.  The chrous is simple but effective.  4/5

7. Born A Souljah f/Outlawz, Yukmouth, Hellraza – I like the beat by Rick Rock and was excited to hear my favorite Outlaw (Young Noble) on the track.  Nice to hear Yuk and the lawz together, don’t really like Hellraza all that much but overall a nice track to ride to.  Also, what is up with ending the track in the middle of Yuk’s verse, I don’t get it.  Take’s away from the track big time.Love Edi and Young Noble’s chrous.  3/5

8. Same Shit, Different Day – Beat by Shorty B here is plain and average.  Song is def not that great.  A skipper for me.  Just nothing here that stands out.  Both spit decent but nothing spectacular verses and like I said the beat is just average.  2/5

9. Thug Law f/Miko – Hard beat by Nitti but another track I’m not feeling.  It’s too bad cuz I really like the beat.  I don’t know what the deal is, but I just usually skip this track.  The chrous gets a bit annoying “My NINE IS THUG LAW”.  2/5

10. Ride Wit Tha Lawz f/Young Noble – My second favoite track on the album.  Great up tempo hard knoocking beat by Mack.  And all three spit hotness, Young Nolbe’s chrous is great and his verse is killer.  Def a track that will have you singing along and bumping your head.  The only downfall is the way the track was mixxed.  For some reason the volume on this song is lower than the rest of the album.  Doesn’t really matter since I usually turn this one up all the way anyway, but still wierd.  OUTLAW FOR LIFE!!!!  4.5/5

11. So Wrong  F/Jazze Pha – As stated before Edi is a hit or miss producer and this one right here is a MISS.  Just not feeling it at all.  Its too bad to because I love these type of “gangsta” love songs.  But it really becomes too hard to listen to.  Come on Edi, get with the program.  What I don’t get is why they didn’t get Jazze to produce since he’s on it anyway.  It might have been good if he produced it.  1.5/5

12. Guns And Butter – Another hard banging track here, this time produced by Jay Mac.  I don’t know what it is about this song, but again I hear Pac in them with this one.  I love the chrous and Kastro’s verse is hot.  Def a hot track right here.  Another one you’ll find yourself bumping your head to.  4/5

13. So Hard f/Tre – Not feeling this beat at all by Po.  Just sounds crappy to me.  Tre is straight garbage and Kastro and Edi spit average at best verses.  Def a filler track right here.  1.5/5

14. It Is What It Is f/Big Syke, Wack Duece – Mike Mosley laced up a nice laid back beat here.  Always good to hear from Big Syke.  Not a huge fan of Wack Duece and he brings the track down a bit for me, but if you like him you might be fine with it.  Kastro spits nicely with his verse.  As I stated before, I love
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 06:37:19 AM by Plumma25 »
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kastro & Edi - Blood Brothers
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 01:58:53 AM »
can u up this ;D

kemizt

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
Re: Kastro & Edi - Blood Brothers
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 12:42:46 PM »