Author Topic: For all you So. Cal niggas hating on The Hyphy Movement!  (Read 1602 times)

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
For all you So. Cal niggas hating on The Hyphy Movement!
« on: June 13, 2006, 12:59:26 PM »
I just don't get it dawg, ya'll be on some other shit. I mean, I feel where a lot of the complaints are coming from, about hyphy being a little gimmicky, but that's all mainstream music man. They strip down the bad elements and try to make it look fun and marketable. Hyphy really means uncontrolled anger, violence, and drug use. It's actin a fool and disregarding the law, all that dancin shit was just a sub category of it, it had nothing to do with hip hop at first, it wasn't a hip hop culture, it was a street culture that evolved from Sideshows. You L.A niggas act like Gangsa Rap wasn't a gimmick, all of the gangsta rappers to even come out of L.A were fake as fuck. The realest gangsta rapper outta Cali was 2Pac and he wasn't from So.Cal, the nigga moved there from Oakland after he got rich and never lived in South Central, Compton, or no other "hood" out there. Eazy wasn't a banger, Cube wasn't, Dre wasn't, Snoop is a family man, and them DPG ain't real thugs either, Daz used to be a crack head. Niggas in the Bay(J.T) know Daz very well. Ain't that a gimmick? When you rap about shit you don't do just to sell records and set trends? How would L.A feel if the Bay was running the rap game for almost 10 years and never put no L.A niggas on our mainstream albums? Never collabed with us or nothin, only a select few, is that really West Coast love? Niggas down there always screamin that West Coast shit but don't show no body in the West above Bakersfield any love. But we still supported ya'll for the longest. Then there's the ten year drought, which makes niggas in the Bay even more frustrated, we've always been at the tip of success, but never really made it quite as big as L.A has. Too Short is a legend, E-40 is a pioneer, but besides that the Bay had no super stars, our name as a region wasn't even out there. West Coast basically meant L.A.  Now hyphy comes along, coz we are striving so hard for our own identity and place in this rap game, and all you So. Cal niggas can do is diss us. After all the classics E-40 has made, Too Short, The Luniz, Dru Down, RBL Posse, Spice 1, all the slang, all the Game we shared, after all of these classic years all L.A has to say about is is that we're makin the West look back, this is a gimmick, fuck hyphy, and blah, blah. That shit is weak, it ain't no love on the west coast. I understand if you don't like a lot of the music, but you L.A niggas be really tryna diss this whole region and all of our music, nigga we got plenty to offer, I swear to Jesus on that. It's still plenty of Mob shit hear still but we're tryna break out on our own the only way we know how(Mob Music wasn't doin it), since we never got any help from L.A or no one else. You got half of L.A tryna sign to G-Unit(Game, Spider Loc, Lil Eazy, DPG), you got Dre signing all of these east coast niggas (EVE, Busta, G-Unit, Eminem, etc.) but no Bay niggas, no L.A more niggas after Game. Cube does family movies, Snoop is married, and ya'll got the nerve to diss the Bay, atleast we ain't sell outs. E-40 Has Bay features all thru his album. 106 KMEL plays nothing but Bay shit. We rep Mac Dre proudly and never stop reppin, and we get Hyphy no matter how much hate we recieve, yet this independence still doesn't deserve any respect from the bottom half of the west? Well let me quote your biggest artist then: "I don't need yo love" - Game.. If that's how most of you So. Cal niggas think of Hyphy, then that's what you think of the Bay, so fuck ya'll and good look on blowing up again some day. Sell outs! >:(
Mistah FAB "Ghost Ride It"

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: For all you So. Cal niggas hating on The Hyphy Movement!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 02:58:25 PM »
Snoop is married

There's a lot of ridiculous shit you said but that's where I really stopped reading
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 03:05:17 PM »
i didn't read not one word of what u said nor do i care.

hyphy is wack and an embarrassment to the westcoast. not hating on the bay area. i love the bay but musically i dont fuck with it cuz that shit has been trash the past 2 yrs. fuk hyphy.

old Bay area > New Bay

suckaa free

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 03:15:03 PM »
i didn't read not one word of what u said nor do i care.

hyphy is wack and an embarrassment to the westcoast. not hating on the bay area. i love the bay but musically i dont fuck with it cuz that shit has been trash the past 2 yrs. fuk hyphy.

old Bay area > New Bay

yea, the old bay was so much better.  this hyphy shit is so much different from what was going on in the bay in the early 90's, i think thats why a lot of people think that the hyphy shit is not "west coast."  i dont like the hyphy shit all that much, but the shit is catching on in other places.  its kinda wierd that a lot of people around the nation like the genre, but people in the west is still not sure.  im glad the bay is getting the exposure, but it seems to me that we will do anything to get recocnized.  its pretty sad.   :-\

WestCoasta

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 03:17:35 PM »
talk about intentionally trying to start some shit

I saw like 3 people sayin that shit was gay

get off so cals dick u faggot

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 03:29:57 PM »
the reason people dont think its "westcoast" is because of its sound. just look at federation. those guys look & sound like they're from the south.

the 90s Mobb Sound the bay had was pure westcoast.

theres too much dirty south dicklicking going on in the bay. hyphy is a poor mans crunk. too many similariies, from the dreads & grillz to the music. its a gimmick the bay is using to get recognized just like crunk did. hyphy juice is the same shit as crunk juice. the bay has always been known as innovators so to see them bite is very dissapointing.  e-40 & too short are all over lil jons nuts. that shit just aint westcaost. if The Game did the same thing e-40 is doing i'd be hating on him as well.

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 03:33:13 PM »
what I find funny is how this guy is talkin like there are threads flooding the forum talking shit

and he's got the nerve to say people are talking about the old Bay shit

E-40 and Too $hort are in my TOP 5 favorite rappers

suckaa free

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 03:35:54 PM »
the reason people dont think its "westcoast" is because of its sound. just look at federation. those guys look & sound like they're from the south.

the 90s Mobb Sound the bay had was pure westcoast.

theres too much dirty south dicklicking going on in the bay. hyphy is a poor mans crunk. too many similariies, from the dreads & grillz to the music. its a gimmick the bay is using to get recognized just like crunk did. hyphy juice is the same shit as crunk juice. the bay has always been known as innovators so to see them bite is very dissapointing.  e-40 & too short are all over lil jons nuts. that shit just aint westcaost. if The Game did the same thing e-40 is doing i'd be hating on him as well.

on point... 8)

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 03:46:04 PM »
I don't know what you're on but I hear more old school bay cats criticizing the Hyphy movement then I do LA cats.  You should address this with your bay brethren on maybe a bay message board because they seem to be the biggest critics.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 03:56:36 PM »
gay areeeeeaaaaaa
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 04:22:32 PM »
 ::) Cry me a fuckin river. You (the OP) sound like a lil bitch. No one is hatin on the bay. I was bumpin Too $hort back in the day and so was everyone else I know and I was born and raised in southern california. I know plenty of people that are into hyphy and the local radio stations (power 106, kday) are playing it. Just because not everyone is feeling it does not mean people are "hating".

I support good music regardless of where it's from and so do most hip hop heads.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 05:49:43 PM »
i can't knock Bay ..they did show west love...
even though I'm not totally into hyphy...they do seek out identity...and west as the whole state should help each other..plus it's good for sales...
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 05:50:31 PM »
even though I'm not totally into hyphy...they do seek out identity...and west as the whole state should help each other..plus it's good for sales...
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 06:06:15 PM »

fuck that. the bay is and always has been bitter. even a few bay fans on this forum were sayin dumb shiet like 'e40 is from the bay, not the west, you socal niggas cant take credit for him'
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 06:29:58 PM »

fuck that. the bay is and always has been bitter. even a few bay fans on this forum were sayin dumb shiet like 'e40 is from the bay, not the west, you socal niggas cant take credit for him'

true story. they identify themselves as the bay area, not westcoast. they have their own region. even Turf Talk said on the 40 album "rep the bay, we don't rep california" and hes from so cal out of all places. smh.

you hear Game saying "i'm trying to bring the westcoast back"  but u dont hear E-40 & Too Short ever saying that. its about "the bay" to them not the :westcoast". The bay area segregates themselves from the west.