Author Topic: For all you So. Cal niggas hating on The Hyphy Movement!  (Read 1585 times)

BigBDrugStores

Re: For all you So. Cal niggas hating on The Hyphy Movement!
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 06:32:08 PM »
gay areeeeeaaaaaa
ha ha ha +1, fuck the bay and hyphy

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 06:37:42 PM »
i can't knock Bay ..they did show west love...
even though I'm not totally into hyphy...they do seek out identity...and west as the whole state should help each other..plus it's good for sales...

fuck that. the bay is and always has been bitter. even a few bay fans on this forum were sayin dumb shiet like 'e40 is from the bay, not the west, you socal niggas cant take credit for him'

true story. they identify themselves as the bay area, not westcoast. they have their own region. even Turf Talk said on the 40 album "rep the bay, we don't rep california" and hes from so cal out of all places. smh.

you hear Game saying "i'm trying to bring the westcoast back"  but u dont hear E-40 & Too Short ever saying that. its about "the bay" to them not the :westcoast". The bay area segregates themselves from the west.
oh okay...my bad then.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 07:09:36 PM »
i read this interview with too short, heres the link http://www.rapnews.net/0-202-261181-00.html?tag=topic

quote:

RNN: What do you think about the rap game now compared to where it was 10 or 15 years ago?

Ain’t nobody gonna lie. The major difference in rap now is the allowance of bitting. Nobody seems to be bothered if you bitting now. You’re not labeled a fake rapper for bitting another rappers style or his phrases or his words or whatever or his look. You can do anything now, if you got a hot record hit, nobody gonna call you a fake ass bitter or copycat or whatever. Nobody is gonna call you names. It was strict when I got in the game. You gotta come up with your own thing, you had to find you own way in, you couldn’t sound alike, look-alike, you couldn’t dance alike. Everything had to be different on stage or else you were out of there. You would be slashed and slandered and outkast or cast out.

- Too Short

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 07:10:44 PM »
The realest gangsta rapper outta Cali was 2Pac

what does that exactly mean??? 2pac was not a real gangsta and he got shot because he got into some gangsta shit that he shouldnt have gotten in..... he was a good actor though and a good rapper....

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 07:11:17 PM »
Hyphy is bullshit... Hyphy=Crunk....period.    Bring back: Celly Cell, Spice-1, B-legit, Yukmouth(Godzilla) and that old school Too Short and E-40.......Fuck Lil Jon's Influence.

guncoke

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 07:25:51 PM »
http://www.power106.fm/playlist/index.aspx

Power 106, one of the radio stations in L.A......L.A = That big ass city in Southern CA where lots of rappers came from..
here is their radio playlist

No. TITLE ARTIST LABEL
1 BLOW THE WHISTLE
 TOO SHORT
 JIVE/ZOMBA

2 SNAP YO' FINGERS
 LIL' JON FEAT. E-40
 TVT  3 RIDIN'
 CHAMILLIONAIRE ft. KRAYZIE BONE
 UNIVERSAL
4 WHAT YOU KNOW
 T.I.
 GRAND HUSTLE/ATLANTIC
5 U AND DAT
 E-40 FT. T-PAIN
 WARNER BROS./BME

6 ME & YOU
 CASSIE

BAD BOY
7 IT'S GOIN' DOWN
 YUNG JOC
 BAD BOY
8 WHY WE THUGS
 ICE CUBE
 LENCH MOB
9 GIMMIE THAT
 CHRIS BROWN f/ LIL WAYNE
 JIVE/ZOMBA LABEL GROUP
10 SO WHAT!
 FIELD MOB FEAT. CIARA
 DTP/GEFFEN
11 PROMISCUOUS
 NELLY FERTADO f/ TIMBALAND
 GEFFEN
12 MS. NEW BOOTY
 BUBBA SPARXXX ft. YING YANG
 PURPLE RIBBON/VIRGIN
13 TELL ME WHEN TO GO
 E-40 ft. KEAK DA SNEAK
 WARNER BROS./BME

14 TEMPERATURE
 SEAN PAUL
 VP/ATLANTIC
15 BOSSY
 KELIS FEAT. TOO SHORT
 JIVE
16 GIRL
 PAUL WALL
 ASYLUM/ATLANTIC
17 BEST FRIEND
 50 CENT
 G-UNIT/INTERSCOPE
18 YO (EXCUSE ME MISS)
 CHRIS BROWN
 JIVE
19 LEAN WIT IT ROCK WIT IT
 DEM FRANCHIZE BOYZ SO SO DEF/VIRGIN
20 BUMPIN' MY MUSIC RAY CASH f/ SCARFACE GHET-O-VISION/SONY/COLUMBIA
21 DOIN' TOO MUCH
 PAULA DEANDA FEAT. BABY BASH ARISTA

22 BOJANGLES
 PITBULL
 TVT
23 WHERE'D YOU GO
 FORT MINOR WARNER BROS.
24 CALI IZ ACTIVE DOGG POUND f/ SNOOP DOGG DOGGYSTYLE/KOCH
25 I LOVE MY CHICK
 BUSTA RHYMES f/ WILL.I.AM, KELIS INTERSCOPE
26 SHAKE THAT
 EMINEM ft. NATE DOGG INTERSCOPE
27 CRAZY GNARLS BARKLEY DOWNTOWN/ATLANTIC/LAVA
28 WHY YOU WANNA  T.I. ATLANTIC
29 GETTIN' SOME SHAWNNA DTP/DEF JAM
30 HUSTLIN' RICK ROSS DEF JAM/IDJMG
31 HOLLA AT ME
 DJ KHALED KOCH
32 LIKE THAT NOELLE FEAT. PITBULL ROCK HILL
33 SAY I CHRISTINA MILIAN f/YOUNG JEEZY DEF JAM
34 DO IT TO IT CHERISH
 SHO'NUFF/CAPITOL
35 WHEN YOUR MAD NE-YO DEF JAM/IDJMG
36 I'LL DO D&R DOMBRIAN
37 IMPOSSIBLE KANYE WEST f/ TWISTA, KEYSHIA COLE ROC-A-FELLA/IDJMG

ADDS:     
  VANS WOLFPAC MEGAFORCE/SUGARDADDY

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 07:36:00 PM by guncoke »

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 07:50:58 PM »
Bring back: Celly Cell, Spice-1, B-legit, Yukmouth(Godzilla) and that old school Too Short and E-40.......Fuck Lil Jon's Influence.
you must of fell off the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down. and whats wrong with workin with other artist/producers?

Too Short and E-40 music is better than ever, yeah the old school shit is classic, but its time to leave the nest lil boy, its not 1993 anymore, u gotta get with the times man, stop livin in the past.

1. E-40 music has been consistent with the last 3 albums, only thing different about "Ghetto Report Card" is that he got with someone who has created a foundation and has been makin successful mainstream music, and upped his quality and made some radio friendly songs, there is nuthin wrong with that.

2. Too Short has put out 16 albums, talkin that same shit, different beat. Hise new album is by far his best also the last album he will put out on Jive Records, he's startin his own with the "Up All Nite Crew".

and whats this bullshit about bring back celly cel b-legit, spice 1? come out of your cave man, Spice 1 put out a new cd not that long ago, celly cel as i understand is in the works fo rputtin another album. you act like there dead or something, or not doin anything,

so why don't u pull your head out of your ass and realize what year it is.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 08:51:50 PM »
Alot of people are just crybabies. the old mobb sound is what it is, old. its not gonna come back, just like g-funk. everyone who is from the west should just be happy that they are getting any form of recognition at all. the hyphy thing will blow up in the mainstream, and it will open big doors for Cali, no matter what a couple shut in computer geeks think.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 08:54:29 PM »
even though I'm not totally into hyphy...they do seek out identity...and west as the whole state should help each other..plus it's good for sales...

fuck that. the bay is and always has been bitter. even a few bay fans on this forum were sayin dumb shiet like 'e40 is from the bay, not the west, you socal niggas cant take credit for him'

true story. they identify themselves as the bay area, not westcoast. they have their own region. even Turf Talk said on the 40 album "rep the bay, we don't rep california" and hes from so cal out of all places. smh.

Not that Im saying anything that everyone on this board doesnt already know, but your a moron and you prove it with every post. Turf Talk clearly yells "Im Lyyyyyyin" after that line so your opinion holds no weight. BTW Shaq Free Throw shooting in the 1st 2 games of the finals>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kwame Browns best game

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 09:10:03 PM »
To the thread starter....all I gotta say is PLEASE don't generalize an entire region based on a few dudes you see on the internet talkin.

I am from L.A., born n raised here, n still here, and I can tell you that most people around here are feelin the shit....ESPECIALLY the club scene. It's not possible to go to a club, especially a black one, and not have a hyphy section for a good 10-15 minutes. People are playin "Super hyphy" like they were  playin "In da club"!!!! And it's a year old!!! I hear 5-6 people playin it drivin around every Friday and Saturday nite. So don't even start to think that people aren't feelin it.....and don't act like it's not a lotta people in the Bay who hate hyphy, because I go to siccness and it's people on there who don't like it.

That's all I gotta say....

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 09:16:12 PM »
I just don't get it dawg, ya'll be on some other shit. I mean, I feel where a lot of the complaints are coming from, about hyphy being a little gimmicky, but that's all mainstream music man. They strip down the bad elements and try to make it look fun and marketable. Hyphy really means uncontrolled anger, violence, and drug use. It's actin a fool and disregarding the law, all that dancin shit was just a sub category of it, it had nothing to do with hip hop at first, it wasn't a hip hop culture, it was a street culture that evolved from Sideshows. You L.A niggas act like Gangsa Rap wasn't a gimmick, all of the gangsta rappers to even come out of L.A were fake as fuck. The realest gangsta rapper outta Cali was 2Pac and he wasn't from So.Cal, the nigga moved there from Oakland after he got rich and never lived in South Central, Compton, or no other "hood" out there. Eazy wasn't a banger, Cube wasn't, Dre wasn't, Snoop is a family man, and them DPG ain't real thugs either, Daz used to be a crack head. Niggas in the Bay(J.T) know Daz very well. Ain't that a gimmick? When you rap about shit you don't do just to sell records and set trends? How would L.A feel if the Bay was running the rap game for almost 10 years and never put no L.A niggas on our mainstream albums? Never collabed with us or nothin, only a select few, is that really West Coast love? Niggas down there always screamin that West Coast shit but don't show no body in the West above Bakersfield any love. But we still supported ya'll for the longest. Then there's the ten year drought, which makes niggas in the Bay even more frustrated, we've always been at the tip of success, but never really made it quite as big as L.A has. Too Short is a legend, E-40 is a pioneer, but besides that the Bay had no super stars, our name as a region wasn't even out there. West Coast basically meant L.A. Now hyphy comes along, coz we are striving so hard for our own identity and place in this rap game, and all you So. Cal niggas can do is diss us. After all the classics E-40 has made, Too Short, The Luniz, Dru Down, RBL Posse, Spice 1, all the slang, all the Game we shared, after all of these classic years all L.A has to say about is is that we're makin the West look back, this is a gimmick, fuck hyphy, and blah, blah. That shit is weak, it ain't no love on the west coast. I understand if you don't like a lot of the music, but you L.A niggas be really tryna diss this whole region and all of our music, nigga we got plenty to offer, I swear to Jesus on that. It's still plenty of Mob shit hear still but we're tryna break out on our own the only way we know how(Mob Music wasn't doin it), since we never got any help from L.A or no one else. You got half of L.A tryna sign to G-Unit(Game, Spider Loc, Lil Eazy, DPG), you got Dre signing all of these east coast niggas (EVE, Busta, G-Unit, Eminem, etc.) but no Bay niggas, no L.A more niggas after Game. Cube does family movies, Snoop is married, and ya'll got the nerve to diss the Bay, atleast we ain't sell outs. E-40 Has Bay features all thru his album. 106 KMEL plays nothing but Bay shit. We rep Mac Dre proudly and never stop reppin, and we get Hyphy no matter how much hate we recieve, yet this independence still doesn't deserve any respect from the bottom half of the west? Well let me quote your biggest artist then: "I don't need yo love" - Game.. If that's how most of you So. Cal niggas think of Hyphy, then that's what you think of the Bay, so fuck ya'll and good look on blowing up again some day. Sell outs! >:(
Did you write this for your final exams?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 09:34:16 PM »

Not that Im saying anything that everyone on this board doesnt already know, but your a moron and you prove it with every post. Turf Talk clearly yells "Im Lyyyyyyin" after that line so your opinion holds no weight. BTW Shaq Free Throw shooting in the 1st 2 games of the finals>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kwame Browns best game

that "im lyin" shiet was gay and he only said it to keep niggas from questionin him about sayin that. just like how eminem did "white america" then at the end of the song said "syke...you know i love you america".

wtf does shaq have to do with this subject? post this in the sports section jackass.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

youngmessnucca

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 09:54:29 PM »

that "im lyin" shiet was gay and he only said it to keep niggas from questionin him about sayin that. just like how eminem did "white america" then at the end of the song said "syke...you know i love you america".

wtf does shaq have to do with this subject? post this in the sports section jackass.

lol dont get butthurt cuz ur lakers suck without shaq

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 10:36:48 PM »
Bring back: Celly Cell, Spice-1, B-legit, Yukmouth(Godzilla) and that old school Too Short and E-40.......Fuck Lil Jon's Influence.
you must of fell off the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down. and whats wrong with workin with other artist/producers?

Too Short and E-40 music is better than ever, yeah the old school shit is classic, but its time to leave the nest lil boy, its not 1993 anymore, u gotta get with the times man, stop livin in the past.

1. E-40 music has been consistent with the last 3 albums, only thing different about "Ghetto Report Card" is that he got with someone who has created a foundation and has been makin successful mainstream music, and upped his quality and made some radio friendly songs, there is nuthin wrong with that.

2. Too Short has put out 16 albums, talkin that same shit, different beat. Hise new album is by far his best also the last album he will put out on Jive Records, he's startin his own with the "Up All Nite Crew".

and whats this bullshit about bring back celly cel b-legit, spice 1? come out of your cave man, Spice 1 put out a new cd not that long ago, celly cel as i understand is in the works fo rputtin another album. you act like there dead or something, or not doin anything,

1. I don't believe that E-40 really upped his qaulity of music on the Ghetto Report Card all I heard was a bunch of Hyphy bullshit that is totally different then his last couple of Albums. It's alright on a few tracks but the qaulity wasn't enhanced.

2. If you believe Too Shorts best Album will be his latest album. You need to go back and listen to "Get in Where you fit in", "Life is...too short", "Cocktails", etc. before you start saying  shit like that. It might be dope but saying it will be his best is a bit premature.

3. Don't insult me Respect my opinion as I do yours this is a forum if we where discussing this in person you wouldn't say anything like that GARUNTEED, I know typing on the keyboard gives you the courage to say stupid shit, but let's be adults and use some restraint.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 10:42:09 PM »

1. I don't believe that E-40 really upped his qaulity of music on the Ghetto Report Card all I heard was a bunch of Hyphy bullshit that is totally different then his last couple of Albums. It's alright on a few tracks but the qaulity wasn't enhanced.

There were, what 3-4 hyphy songs on that E-40? Maybe you should listen to it first before you post shit like that?