Author Topic: The Game - Stop Snitchin', Stop Lyin' (DVD)  (Read 719 times)

kingwell

The Game - Stop Snitchin', Stop Lyin' (DVD)
« on: April 25, 2006, 08:32:37 PM »
After a slew of anti-G Unit mixtapes, The Game filmed a documentary of sorts during Fall of 2005. It's main purpose was an expose of 50 Cent and G-Unit. After much delay, and many rumors of 50 Cent effectively halting the release of the DVD, it is finally seeing the light of day. The Game takes you on a tour while conducting a candid interview, in what might be his last project soley devoted to his G-Unot movement.

The Hurricane himself takes you through the city of New York, looking for any signs of 50 Cent, or his fans even. Him and the Black Wallstreet crew interact with fans on the street, with cut scenes of Game talking about the whole beef between him and his labelmate. At one point, Game goes into a record store to buy two copies of G-Unit's Tony Yayos' album. "Look at this, 50 got more of his old album on the shelf than his own boy Yayos!"

Apparent through-out the film, and pointed out by Game many times, are the presence of the infamous Hip-hop cops. A vehicle can always be seen tailing The Game and his crew, and one of the BWS even tries to give them a copy of The Documentary, and some donuts and coffee. The humble cops decline, as Game asks how they knew when he was coming.

The Game takes you to his crib, showing a safe with who knows how much money packed in, and a glock, in an almost other-wise empty room. He takes you to another room, full of mail envelopes. If you are a big fan of the Hurricane, you know he got everyone who bought his album again and sent it in to him, would get a signed copy back with a bonus mixtape. Game holds true to his word, as he shows us the last package he had to sign.

The young superstar speaks extensively on 50's telling on Supreme and Irv Gotti. He says 50 has become what he was dissing Ja Rule for, a singing gimmick. He also speaks on Lloyd Banks, saying he has no lyrical ability. He talks about how Young Buck got his G-Unit spinner chain stolen, and how Olivia is really a man. Although the last statement is far fetched, they don't fail to entertain, rolling up on a cross-dresser on the streets asking if he/she is Olivia. They even appear at a 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' movie premiere, with followers protesting with "G Unot", "Stop Snitching", and "50 is killing urban music" signs.

The G-Unit new comers are not left out of this DVD, as Game speaks on how Mobb Deep and M.O.P. are ruining their street cred by signing with G-Unit, and even getting tattoos of the label's logo on themselves. He also comments on Mase, calling him a hypocrite for turning back to "Murda Ma$e", just after he had found Christ and became a pastor.

This is not an all-out attack on G-Unit though, as it is clear Game wants to show his fans he has much love for them, and it is clear at points in the DVD that Game has alot of fans, who really support him. BWS even play a game of basketball in the Bronx, something that keeps him grounded to himself, and says "I'm not going to let the celebrity status go above my head, I'm still in the hood."

The Game then travels to Connecticut in a last ditch effort to find the elusive 50 Cent. They arrive at a basketball net in the neighborhood and break the rim off of the backboard. "We taking this back with us, it's our souvenir, we really Above The Rim!" They roll by a mansion which they think belongs to 50, but security is having no part of it, and the scene ends with gun shots and a black screen telling us they can't show a government agent discharging a weapon. So they move on, leaving a pair of Hurricane sneakers on a power line, and spraypainting 'G-Unot' on a couple of road signs.

THA 'HOOD SAYS:
For a DVD put out with only the promotional help of a mixtape and internet buzz, it is fairly well put together, and Game's sincere personality shines through. You can tell he cares about his fans, and he is indeed real, and not a gimmick. He also shows that the people love him, and not just his anti-G Unit campaign. If this is indeed his last full blown attack on the group who helped him gain notoriety during 2004, it is not a blemish, but indeed a milestone.

HOODSTAR RATING:     
(4.5/5.0)
REVIEWED BY: Kingwell

ldoublea

• Lil Geezy
Re: The Game - Stop Snitchin', Stop Lyin' (DVD)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 03:27:14 PM »
yea i bought this a couple months ago i believe, and it had me rollin. it was long as hell actually. but it was coo, had character and realism.

i had to get it, and i usually dont buy too many dvd's. this one was a must, i laughed tho. cop that shyt support this nigga too, and keep goin bringin us some of that dope west coast music.
Check me out at www.myspace.com/ldoublea

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Game - Stop Snitchin', Stop Lyin' (DVD)
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 01:51:15 AM »
I got a feeling they kinda like Game and hate 50  ??? :D