Author Topic: Ebay alternatives  (Read 233 times)

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ebay alternatives
« on: June 14, 2006, 12:43:10 AM »
Anybody know of any good online auction sites, preferably North American based. Every one I try is craptacular. I need something that rivals Ebay, but isnt Ebay, due to my Ebay woes.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ebay alternatives
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:36:38 PM »
I think theres this one.. ahh...yeah

http://www.ioffer.com

dunno how much better or worse it is, never checked it out just heard about it on tv

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 08:40:05 PM »
No auction site stands in the same league, or the same game, or even should call itself an online auction site since that's what Ebay calls itself.  Ebay is the mack daddy of all auction sites and if you try using another it'll be a spectacular failure.  I tinkered with Yahoo auctions years ago, it wasn't even close to what ebay was offering.  Ebay is basically a monopoly and a juggernaut and I don't see anything fucking with it anytime soon.  Rumour is that Bill Gates is trying to take it over as well. 

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 12:20:35 PM »
^^im kinda figuring that out. problem is, ebay doesnt like me anymore  :'(

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 02:34:02 PM »
google are coming up with something soon, read about it today, dont know the full details, it will be on the interweb somewhere

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 02:44:19 PM »
^^im kinda figuring that out. problem is, ebay doesnt like me anymore  :'(

LMAO. You can always make a new name with Ebay...

coola

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 06:49:42 PM »
what did you do ? lol

fuck i hate e-bay, but i love it at the same time.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 12:34:32 PM »
You cant just make a new name for a sellers account. You need a credit card. Ive went thru 4 already, but they keep catching me sooner or later.

I got suspended for selling psps with no complaints from my buyers. But they wanted to see my invoices for the psps and know my supplier - which i couldnt provide, so they banned me. Everytime I start a new account, I get nothing but positive feedback, but i keep getting fucked because i cant lift the suspension from the initial selling of the psps w/o invoices.

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 04:52:54 PM »
That's tricky man, I don't know what to tell ya.  Maybe you could have your brother get an account or something?  Just pay a bum to let you use his info to get one.  It's called Identity Theft, everybody does it, don't sweat the small shit. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 07:16:44 PM »
You cant just make a new name for a sellers account. You need a credit card. Ive went thru 4 already, but they keep catching me sooner or later.

I got suspended for selling psps with no complaints from my buyers. But they wanted to see my invoices for the psps and know my supplier - which i couldnt provide, so they banned me. Everytime I start a new account, I get nothing but positive feedback, but i keep getting fucked because i cant lift the suspension from the initial selling of the psps w/o invoices.

Oh...Thought you were talking about a buyers account. Just use craigslist.com or something.

Don Breezio

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 12:50:30 AM »
There's no way they would suspend you randomly for that shit...you must've pulled a douche bag move somewhere along the line

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 08:58:38 AM »
There's no way they would suspend you randomly for that shit...you must've pulled a douche bag move somewhere along the line

nope, i was new and had 7 psps to sell. they suspended my account until i could provide proof of my supply. i couldnt, and life just hasnt been the same since