Author Topic: starting graveyard shift  (Read 129 times)

westkoastanostra

starting graveyard shift
« on: June 14, 2006, 11:27:38 AM »
fuck this sucks man....thanks to dude leaving security...my manager of security is putting me in the graveyard shift...i thought i was getting a promotion in swing shift (thats what my manager told me friday)...but i come to work monday...look at my schedule and i did get promoted but my name was on the graveyard shift.....this muthafucker pulled some secret squirrel shit on me! so i called him up and told him about it....he said it was temporary and yadada bullshit...so i threw a damn fit in a post/room....i never thought i'd go to graveyard shift but now i'm going to graves starting saturday 11pm-7am....now i gotta get used to sleeping in the day.... :'(

WestCoasta

Re: starting graveyard shift
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 10:51:47 PM »
damn

I know people can do it, but that's gotta be the shittiest thing ever.... in my eyes anyways

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 11:00:11 PM »
where r u doing the graveyard shift? bring a gameboy or sumthin n play that lol,unless theres lots of ppl around but i doubt it..

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

The Watcher

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 11:07:16 PM »
most people who work in IT (doing security) end up with the graveyard shift, i don't mind it.. did it for 3 years straight, you get used to it after a while
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 11:09:17 PM »
i hated my old jobs graveyard shift, it was at a hotel though so i usually just got blazed in the parking lot and went inside to trip out at the giant fishtank, maybe listen to some shitty late night kmel, so it was pretty easy. but its a weird adjustment i hope u dont got it combined with a day shift in the near future

ecrazy

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 11:12:54 PM »
Yeah, ive been stuck with grave the past 2 weeks as well, i like it, im up all night anyway, sleep all day and wake up to work or swing, then party at night.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 11:55:21 PM »
where r u doing the graveyard shift? bring a gameboy or sumthin n play that lol,unless theres lots of ppl around but i doubt it..

yea i probably will bring a game boy and shit....aint nobody around until 6 am....thats when it gets crowded w/ muthafuckers....

yea i hope i'll get used to it....cuz one of my friends couldnt stand graveyard....dude couldnt sleep...he looked like a walking zombie and shit.....

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 10:39:53 AM »
I work in IT and I've been working swing for 3 years. I've had to cover grave shift a couple of times and I've had field work where I've had to work the whole night. It's tough, I feel your pain.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 12:10:22 PM »
I work in IT.. i've pulled an allnighter a few times to get projects done.. but my only rules are..

1) Must work 40 hours a week.

I can "buy" 4 hours by using a half day. I do this often to go early on thursdays for the gym, to catch up on being late, and if i'm lucky to leave early fridays too.

2) I must be there between 10am and 12am  and 2pm to 4pm. this isnt strict and as I don't work frontline support as i'm kind of in R&D these days i dont have to abide by the "must be one support guy" rule either.

I also have no uniform, and can listen to music all day :)