Author Topic: hip hop/rap record sales  (Read 123 times)

westkoastanostra

hip hop/rap record sales
« on: June 15, 2006, 10:40:16 AM »
anyone know a website(not billboard) where they show the total sales of hiphop/rap albums ?(like soundscan)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: hip hop/rap record sales
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 12:15:38 PM »
hitsdailydouble gives weekly sales, http://www.riaa.com/  , tells you if albums went plat/gold and how many times, don't know where to find total sales.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 10:14:17 PM »
what's weird is that for as long as Snoop Dogg, Will Smith and LL Cool J have been out, they've sold 12 million, and yet 50 Cent is already at 11, and Ludacris is at 10.5. I can understand Will if they count the Fresh Prince as seperate, but Snoop and LL I thought where high up there. DMX is at 14 million, Biggie at 17 million off only 3 CDs, technically 4 because doubles count as 2, Outkast suprised me at 20 million, and Nelly really surprised me at 20.5 million, a number I don't think he deserves, and of course Jay-Z and Eminem top off the list of most realistic Hip-Hop artist to catch in sales with 23 and 27 million sold respectivally. 2Pac is so far gone, 36.5 million, that I think his not a Hip-Hop artist as much as he is a music Icon. His above Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan, and closing in on Prince and Guns N Roses. All he needs is one really high selling CD, like 6-9 million (it can be done actually, if done right, like emptying the rest of his catolog) and 'Pac would past Santana and Eric Clapton. Of course Michael Jackson is unbelievable at 60 million, and Mariah Carery keeps reinventing herself to go to 60.5 million, and even Whitney Houston (greatest woman talent of our generation, but on coke) is at 54 million. Then you got numbers no one in Hip-Hop will ever reach, Led Zeppelin at 109.5 million, Garth Brooks at 116 million, Elvis at 118.5 million, and the Beatles at 168.5 million. Of course Michael Jackson owns the top 2, so combined with his sales, I think he can pay for an legal fees, don't let the rumors fool you.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 11:13:45 PM »
snoop has sold more then 12 million im sure of it i remember clearly a couple of years ago seing that doggystyle had sold over 7 plus millions and hes had about what 5 or 6 albums since that have all went at least 2 times plat.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 02:05:40 AM »
what's weird is that for as long as Snoop Dogg, Will Smith and LL Cool J have been out, they've sold 12 million, and yet 50 Cent is already at 11, and Ludacris is at 10.5. I can understand Will if they count the Fresh Prince as seperate, but Snoop and LL I thought where high up there. DMX is at 14 million, Biggie at 17 million off only 3 CDs, technically 4 because doubles count as 2, Outkast suprised me at 20 million, and Nelly really surprised me at 20.5 million, a number I don't think he deserves, and of course Jay-Z and Eminem top off the list of most realistic Hip-Hop artist to catch in sales with 23 and 27 million sold respectivally. 2Pac is so far gone, 36.5 million, that I think his not a Hip-Hop artist as much as he is a music Icon. His above Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan, and closing in on Prince and Guns N Roses. All he needs is one really high selling CD, like 6-9 million (it can be done actually, if done right, like emptying the rest of his catolog) and 'Pac would past Santana and Eric Clapton. Of course Michael Jackson is unbelievable at 60 million, and Mariah Carery keeps reinventing herself to go to 60.5 million, and even Whitney Houston (greatest woman talent of our generation, but on coke) is at 54 million. Then you got numbers no one in Hip-Hop will ever reach, Led Zeppelin at 109.5 million, Garth Brooks at 116 million, Elvis at 118.5 million, and the Beatles at 168.5 million. Of course Michael Jackson owns the top 2, so combined with his sales, I think he can pay for an legal fees, don't let the rumors fool you.

nelly is gonna outsell eminem, 2pac, and jay-z eventually. seriously!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"