Author Topic: The Annually Saved by the Bell Appreciation Thread  (Read 222 times)

Word to Everything

The Annually Saved by the Bell Appreciation Thread
« on: June 15, 2006, 08:32:34 PM »

Mario López, Jr. (born October 10, 1973) is a Mexican-American actor, born in San Diego, California, USA.

His first role at the age of 11 was as the drummer on Kids Incorporated in 1984. López is a capable drummer and has been seen in his many television roles playing the instrument. López became known in the early 1990s as A.C. Slater in the popular television sitcom Saved by the Bell. López's character was a muscular, athletic student, which helped garner the actor a sizeable teenage-girl fan base. He also maintains a close friendship with fellow castmate Mark-Paul Gosselaar.

López is a graduate of Chula Vista High School (1991). He married his long-time girlfriend, actress and model Ali Landry, in 2004. However, just two weeks later, the marriage was annulled amid rumors of infidelity on Lopez's part.

Dustin Neil Diamond (born January 7, 1977), is a American actor who gained fame during the 1990s as Samuel "Screech" Powers, a nerdy character in the popular sitcom Saved by the Bell.

Diamond was born in San Jose, California to Jewish parents. They felt it was important that he was educated in a Jewish environment, so they enrolled him Daniel's Chapple A&E Zion Elementry in Anaheim, California. His first job involved working as a living mannequin in a department store display. He later auditioned for the lead role in the cult classic Cool as Ice but was rejected because he was too young. He was given a smaller role, but his scenes were cut from the movie. He also appeared briefly in Big Top Pee-wee.

Lark Voorhies (born March 25, 1974) is an American actress who gained fame playing Lisa Turtle on Saved by the Bell. A native of Nashville, Tennessee, Voorhies is a Jehovah's Witness.

On Saved by the Bell, she played a teen obsessed with fashion, and the love interest of Dustin Diamond. 

Voorhies once dated actor Martin Lawrence, and she came close to marrying him. However, she ended up marrying another actor, Miguel Coleman. Voorhies also plays the violin, cello, and piano.

Tiffani-Amber Thiessen (born January 23, 1974) is an American television and film actress. After many years of going by her full name, she is now credited as simply Tiffani Thiessen.

As a child, she competed in many beauty pageants, and she won the Miss Junior America pageant in 1987. Her first big break in show business was her role on the television program Saved By The Bell, as nice girl teen Kelly Kapowski, a role she continued playing in the short lived Saved by the Bell: The College Years. This was very different from her next major role, as a duplicitous vixen, Valerie, on Beverly Hills, 90210. She later starred in the sitcom Two Guys and a Girl and the short-lived action show Fastlane.

Her transition to movies has not gone well so far, as most of her movies, including Love Stinks, have been critically panned. In 2002, she appeared in the film Hollywood Ending by Woody Allen.

She also guest starred as "Amy" on the television show Just Shoot Me!.

In March 1999, her boyfriend at the time, actor David Strickland (Suddenly Susan), committed suicide.

http://images.google.com/images?q=David+Strickland&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images
Damn I didn't know about this...RIP dude was funny.

On July 9, 2005, she married actor Brady Smith and they honeymooned in the Greek Islands.[1][2] It is the first marriage for both.

Her father, Frank, was a park designer and her mother, Robyn, was a homemaker.  She is of German, Greek, Turkish and Welsh descent. "I'm a mutt. I have so much of everything in me, and half of it I don't even know. German on one side; Greek, Turkish and Welsh on the other. My mom is very olive-skinned; I get my blue eyes from my dad." Her brother, Todd, was a really big inspiration to her.

Mark-Paul Harry Gosselaar (born March 1, 1974 in Panorama City, California) is an American actor.
He is best known for his roles as Zack Morris on NBC's Saved by the Bell, and as John Clark on ABC's NYPD Blue.

His father, Hans, is Dutch and his mother, Paula, is of Indonesian ancestry.  His parents and his three siblings were all born in the Netherlands. He speaks Dutch fluently. He is also a sports car enthusiast and race car driver.

In late 2005, he joined the cast of ABC's Commander in Chief, starring Geena Davis, which has been cancelled.
He has been married to Lisa Ann Russell since 26 August 1996. They have a son named Michael Charles, born 31 January 2004, and a daughter, Ava Lorenn, born 7 May 2006.

Dennis Haskins (born November 18, 1950, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA) is an American actor best known for his role as principal Richard Belding in the teen sitcom Saved by the Bell, which ran from 1989 to 1993 on NBC.
Before his foray into acting, Haskins briefly worked as a concert promoter, associating with the likes of Earth, Wind, and Fire and Tom Jones.
After the end of the original series, Haskins would continue his role with the spinoff "Saved by the Bell: The New Class", until its cancellation in 2000. He has also made guest appearances on a variety of TV series, including The Dukes of Hazzard, 7th Heaven and JAG.
On the E! True Hollywood Story special on Saved by the Bell, Haskins mentioned his difficulty of obtaining parts, as he is now typecast as Mr. Belding. Haskins grew a moustache to distance himself from the character.

Dennis Haskins appears on a website in which individuals can request a phone call from Mr. Belding himself for special occasions, http://hollywoodiscalling.com/.

Trivia
    * Haskins is an alum of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. The UTC quizbowl team hosts an annual high school quizbowl tournament named for him. He provides autographed materials for prizes.
    * Haskins is an alum of Notre Dame High School in Chattanooga, TN.
    * Remains good friends with Dustin Diamond (who played Screech) from his "Saved by the Bell" days.
    * He is a brother of the Kappa Sigma fraternity.

Elizabeth Berkley (born July 28, 1972 in Farmington Hills, Michigan) is an American television, film, and stage actress.
Berkley gained prominence for her role as Jessica "Jessie" Myrtle Spano in the sitcom Saved by the Bell, which she played from 1989 to 1992.

Besides her work on Saved by the Bell, Berkley is best known as Nomi Malone, the lead character in the controversial 1995 film Showgirls. The sex and nudity-laden movie, given an NC-17 rating in the United States, was a box office bomb and widely panned and is generally credited with ruining Berkley's movie career.

Trivia
    * She has heterochromia; her right eye is half green and half brown, and her entire left eye is green.

* She is a strict vegan and does not wear leather.

* When Berkley was nine years old, she took part in the nation-wide search for the title role in the film version of Annie. After making it to the semi-finals, she was rejected for being "too tall."

* She was the subject of a $45 million lawsuit filed by ex-boyfriend Roger Wilson against Leonardo DiCaprio. It was alleged that DiCaprio bombarded Berkley with messages after spotting her at the promotional party to his film The Man in the Iron Mask and was initially ignored. After encountering Wilson and Berkley outside a New York bar in 1998, DiCaprio alledgedly instructed friends to attack Wilson, who suffered a serious throat injury after the subsequent assault. A judge threw out the case in 2004.

* On November 1, 2003, Berkley married actor/painter Greg Lauren at the Esperanza Hotel in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Ralph Lauren (Greg's uncle) designed her wedding dress, a silk sheath with pearled spaghetti straps.

* She attended North Farmington High School in Farmington Hills, Michigan, where she was a good student and also was a member of the school ballet club. She attended college at the University of California at Los Angeles, and she earned her B.A. degree in English in 1995.
http://images.google.com/images?q=Elizabeth+Berkley&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

Don Breezio

Re: The Annually Saved by the Bell Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 08:57:39 PM »
I just think its funny that mario lopez was on mind of mencia for carlos mencia's version of brokeback called "wetback mountain"

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 09:01:39 PM »
it was hella funny watching "Screech" fight in celebrity boxing, he whooped that guys ass!

herpes

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 09:15:23 PM »
*calls kelly on 20 pound cell phone in the middle of math class*

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 09:17:42 PM »
nice,save by the bell is a certified classic

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 10:07:01 PM »
Great Thread! It's hard to imagine anyone not liking this show

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 10:15:55 PM »
I heard screetch might be losing his house.  I saw him do stand up once, he was NOT funny.  And afterwards he was selling autographed pictures of himself for 20 bucks.  Poor fella.

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 12:54:01 AM »

Lol @ mr belding, he looks like an old drunk guy hittin on young girls...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 01:15:58 AM »
Lark is still the BOMB... :-*
(Way to much sitcom make-belive Pussy for Screech...)

I'm still on some "Showgirls" shit...
(Elizabeth Berkley, I got you babe, Alway's my Fav cast member..)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 06:16:26 PM »
i hated zach , me and my friends use to fight over who got to be slater at recess in like kindergarden lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 04:31:52 AM »
yeh saved by the bell was a classic, wont never forget that.. is up there with shows like kenan & kel 8)

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 05:00:49 AM »
classic
wtf i never knew screech was 4 years younger than the others...never noticed it lol

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 05:10:13 AM »
godamn, Kelly is pretty hot still

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 10:14:11 AM »
I ran into Mario Lopez like a year ago. This guy is so short. Then I said "Hey Slater" and he gave me some dirty ass look. Asshole.

And Dustin Diamond is close to losing his house too. He's selling T-shirts so that he can pay off his debt  :(
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!