Author Topic: DR. DRE NOT WORKING ON THE GAMES DOCTORS ADVOCATE  (Read 5282 times)

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: DR. DRE NOT WORKING ON THE GAMES DOCTORS ADVOCATE
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2006, 11:45:36 AM »
oh my bad didnt no it was fake .. your right thought Game put himself in  a bad position he doesnt get alon with any1 but still 50 shouldnt have put dre in that position .. He should know his position Dre his boss not the other way around ... If dre choses to work with someone thats his choice  not 50s to make

other thread says game is due on carson on the 22nd so who knows

Lol what makes everyone think Dre was forced to do this ? He was already pissed at Game for starting to diss 50, when he told them to shut the fuck up.

Get off 50's Dicc Man! 50's a bitch...This the same nigga that wouldnt give his boy 40,000 of HIS OWN MONEY MIND YOU, right after Get Rich and Die Tryin had just done like its first 5 mill, and he couldnt get his boy outta jail, Cuz a bitch homie. If Dre dont work with Game he gone regret it.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2006, 12:05:44 PM »
oh my bad didnt no it was fake .. your right thought Game put himself in  a bad position he doesnt get alon with any1 but still 50 shouldnt have put dre in that position .. He should know his position Dre his boss not the other way around ... If dre choses to work with someone thats his choice  not 50s to make

other thread says game is due on carson on the 22nd so who knows

Lol what makes everyone think Dre was forced to do this ? He was already pissed at Game for starting to diss 50, when he told them to shut the fuck up.

Get off 50's Dicc Man! 50's a bitch...This the same nigga that wouldnt give his boy 40,000 of HIS OWN MONEY MIND YOU, right after Get Rich and Die Tryin had just done like its first 5 mill, and he couldnt get his boy outta jail, Cuz a bitch homie. If Dre dont work with Game he gone regret it.

Ok, you've completley changed my mind now. Go Game.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2006, 12:29:17 PM »
its pretty obvious 50 started the beef and BOTH game and 50 didnt listen to dre when they was told to stop.......however....imma be more dissapointed in dre if he chooses not to work with game and work with 50........thats a bitch move........if he aint puttin work in for game, then he shouldnt for 50 aswell, he'll look like 50 owns him and make dre look like a bitch, also dre should support game anyways since the cat from his own town, he produced a bunch of tracks on the documentary, dre should not just punk out on the cat now........either way, imma be coppin games next joint

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2006, 01:07:08 PM »
its pretty obvious 50 started the beef and BOTH game and 50 didnt listen to dre when they was told to stop.......however....imma be more dissapointed in dre if he chooses not to work with game and work with 50........thats a bitch move........if he aint puttin work in for game, then he shouldnt for 50 aswell, he'll look like 50 owns him and make dre look like a bitch, also dre should support game anyways since the cat from his own town, he produced a bunch of tracks on the documentary, dre should not just punk out on the cat now........either way, imma be coppin games next joint

truth

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2006, 01:20:52 PM »
^ thats ain't the truth. What has 50 done since last spring? A movie, Yayos album, Mobb deeps album, 5 or 6 singles wth videos, a full OST, and banks new album, and signed a new artist. What has game done since last spring? Jack all, he lost his BWS artists, and all hes really done is diss g-unit over and over. 50 been quiet with the beef the most part over the last 4 months, game didn't quit. if you had an artist continually dissing some of your top money making artists  you'd drop them too.

Eihtball

« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2006, 08:04:28 AM »

And Game's not a bitch?  Haven't you read that interview with Big Fase 100?  This is the same nigga that let his brother and all of his homies (the same cats who "certified his gangster" to help him sell records) live in poverty while he sold over 2 million records in the U.S. alone.  Why do you think his own hood and his own record label (BWS) turned against him?  If that ain't a bitch move, I dunno what else is.

50 and Game are both bitches, IMO, but at least 50 ain't as obsessed with this beef as Game is.  And Game has released some good diss tracks, but it wouldn't be so pathetic if it wasn't obvious he's just trying to keep himself in the limelight because he's insecure about the future of his career.  He knows damn well that "The Documentary" wouldn't have sold so many records if he didn't have 50 guesting on his two biggest hit singles, and now that he's not with them, he's worried about his prospects for longevity.

So I'm sorry, but Game has nobody to blame but himself for all this bullshit.  This whole idea of "50 started it, therefore it's OK if Game keeps it up" is just childish.  I would like to see Game and Dre keep working together as much as anyone else, but the bottom line is that Game's gotta start acting like a man, not like a child, and take responsibility for his actions.  If he wants to keep up his career, he needs to get in where the paper at, and beefing with 50 ain't it.

BTW, you're a Compton Loc, remember?  I dunno what relations are between Palmer Blocc and Cedar Block, but why the hell would you be defending a Piru?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 08:13:02 AM by 2 Muh'phuccin Xtra 4 Cali »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2006, 09:00:17 AM »

And Game's not a bitch?  Haven't you read that interview with Big Fase 100?  This is the same nigga that let his brother and all of his homies (the same cats who "certified his gangster" to help him sell records) live in poverty while he sold over 2 million records in the U.S. alone.  Why do you think his own hood and his own record label (BWS) turned against him?  If that ain't a bitch move, I dunno what else is.

50 and Game are both bitches, IMO, but at least 50 ain't as obsessed with this beef as Game is.  And Game has released some good diss tracks, but it wouldn't be so pathetic if it wasn't obvious he's just trying to keep himself in the limelight because he's insecure about the future of his career.  He knows damn well that "The Documentary" wouldn't have sold so many records if he didn't have 50 guesting on his two biggest hit singles, and now that he's not with them, he's worried about his prospects for longevity.

So I'm sorry, but Game has nobody to blame but himself for all this bullshit.  This whole idea of "50 started it, therefore it's OK if Game keeps it up" is just childish.  I would like to see Game and Dre keep working together as much as anyone else, but the bottom line is that Game's gotta start acting like a man, not like a child, and take responsibility for his actions.  If he wants to keep up his career, he needs to get in where the paper at, and beefing with 50 ain't it.

BTW, you're a Compton Loc, remember?  I dunno what relations are between Palmer Blocc and Cedar Block, but why the hell would you be defending a Piru?

+1

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2006, 11:28:42 AM »
Why all the fuss? Some of Game's biggest hits and best songs were not Dre produced.

When Dre dies, half of you cats are gona blow your brains out.

hahaha ain't that the truth, I can already see it now

How can anyone say fuck Dre? Dre created west coast rap for the most part.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2006, 02:40:11 PM »
Well, without knowing the validity of this, i'll make my own comments:

1)  Interscope is in the BUSINESS of selling records.  The #1 goal of any business is maximizing shareholder wealth.  I don't know the exact sales of Game or G-Unit, but I know G-Unit def has resulted in more units sold than Game by a huge margin.  There is no doubt that if the label's hand was forced by 50, they're gonna take his side because he has earned them exponentially more money than Game has.  Business never personal from that standpoint - it's simple logistics.

2)  Dre is owned by Interscope.  He has as much control and say as they allow him to.  Nobody knows what his and Games relationship is, might be great or it might be strained.  Calling Dre a bitch here is a shot in the dark because nobody has any idea what the true scenario is.  All you Game groupies need to realize that Dre exposed Game to the world and put him in the position to realize the success that he's had thus far.  So hating Dre is pretty naive.

3)  I think if Game moves on to somewhere else, it will be for the greater good.  If he goes platinum plus, it gives Geffen a flagship hip hop artist, simultaneously taking a multi-plat artist away from Interscope.  In my opinion, Interscope's industry domination isn't good for hip hop so anything that shakes that up would good.  I would be happy to hear that Dre was dropping beats on his next album, but like some peeps said, he made good tracks w/o him.  His rapping on his mixtapes has improved drastically - almost to the point where you don't care who the producer is.  To me, that's a very good sign.  I hope Game is jaded and focuses all that energy into his next album.

4)  Ultimately, it's just another example of corporate politics interfering with the art.  I wish Dre would go independant and work with whoever on whatever projects he chose.  Be more creative and not as formulaic.  You know he's got countless millions at this point, and his legend is unsurpassed by very few in the hip hop world.  But obviously Dre has been on Interscope for years, so obviously he hasn't had a big enough problem with any politics up to this point.  So I don't ever see him leaving, but I'd like it for nothing more of him breaking out of his mold.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2006, 02:52:36 PM »

1)  Interscope is in the BUSINESS of selling records.  The #1 goal of any business is maximizing shareholder wealth.  I don't know the exact sales of Game or G-Unit, but I know G-Unit def has resulted in more units sold than Game by a huge margin.  There is no doubt that if the label's hand was forced by 50, they're gonna take his side because he has earned them exponentially more money than Game has.  Business never personal from that standpoint - it's simple logistics.

Thats true but i think Game sold 4 million. %0 cent definly beats that but if were talking  g unit id ont think they come close to the 4 million mark. Loyd banks i htink did well for himself but yayo and buck probably only went gold wich is 500 000

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2006, 03:00:56 PM »

Thats true but i think Game sold 4 million. %0 cent definly beats that but if were talking  g unit id ont think they come close to the 4 million mark. Loyd banks i htink did well for himself but yayo and buck probably only went gold wich is 500 000

Yeah but the rest of GUnit aint on Aftermath. They are just GUnit/Interscope. Just like Game will be with Geffen. Dunno why people are complaining. Hell get his album out in normal time, he just wont have Dre taking care of it. We'll see how the whole thing turns out to be. Im not even worried about production. Im worried about Game starting to have weak lyrics again, since Tech left BWS.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2006, 03:05:12 PM »
Nah man hes still gonna have tight lyrics. IM not worried about the production either, hes still gona have good beats. Altho Dre did a monsta work on busta rhymes album not beats but more the hole album thing.

Eihtball

« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2006, 03:28:54 PM »
As far as Game being able to do well without Dre's beats, we'll have to see about that.  I agree with the people who say he's proven himself to be a capable MC - his diss tracks, as annoying as they are, have demonstrated he's got major potential.

But the fact is, Dre and especially 50 played a significant role in his success - do y'all think it's really just a coincidence that his two biggest singles are those that had 50 on the hook?  "Dreams" did pretty well, but it only hit #32 on the Pop 100, while both "How We Do" and "Hate It Or Love It" were controlling the Top 5 for months.  And of course, we need not even mention "Put You On The Game", which didn't even chart at all.

Don't any of y'all think that says something about Game?  And don't y'all think he's insecure knowing that his biggest rival is the same man who was most directly responsible for his own commercial success?

Game sold Double Platinum (2 million) in the U.S.  Buck and Banks both went Platinum, Yayo ain't at Gold yet (though he might get there in a while), and Mobb Deep will almost surely never go Gold.  Check the RIAA site for all that.  Even though G-Unit is falling off right now, 50 is still a proven artist, which is a lot more than we can say for Game right now.

Also, you forget that "The Documentary" was a G-Unit release and 50 was an executive producer on that album, which means that he's getting paid off Game's success.  Remember how he's repeatedly bragged that he makes more money from "The Documentary" than Game himself does?  Keep that in mind when you talk about Game's success, and why Iovine favors 50 above Game.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 03:39:36 PM by 2 Muh'phuccin Xtra 4 Cali »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2006, 06:28:16 PM »

Yeah but the rest of GUnit aint on Aftermath. They are just GUnit/Interscope. Just like Game will be with Geffen. Dunno why people are complaining. Hell get his album out in normal time, he just wont have Dre taking care of it. We'll see how the whole thing turns out to be. Im not even worried about production. Im worried about Game starting to have weak lyrics again, since Tech left BWS.

Which is why I said INTERSCOPE.  If Interscope feels like they are forced to choose G-Unit or BWS to remain under their umbrella, G-Unit stays everytime.  It has been much more lucrative having G-Unit than Game (which includes 50's solos).  That doesn't discount the fact that i'd probably be more likely to check for a new Game CD over 50/Buck/Banks at this point.  But from a business standpoint, I understand their move.

As far as Game being able to do well without Dre's beats, we'll have to see about that. I agree with the people who say he's proven himself to be a capable MC - his diss tracks, as annoying as they are, have demonstrated he's got major potential.

But the fact is, Dre and especially 50 played a significant role in his success - do y'all think it's really just a coincidence that his two biggest singles are those that had 50 on the hook? "Dreams" did pretty well, but it only hit #32 on the Pop 100, while both "How We Do" and "Hate It Or Love It" were controlling the Top 5 for months. And of course, we need not even mention "Put You On The Game", which didn't even chart at all.

Don't any of y'all think that says something about Game? And don't y'all think he's insecure knowing that his biggest rival is the same man who was most directly responsible for his own commercial success?

Game sold Double Platinum (2 million) in the U.S.  Buck and Banks both went Platinum, Yayo ain't at Gold yet (though he might get there in a while), and Mobb Deep will almost surely never go Gold.  Check the RIAA site for all that.  Even though G-Unit is falling off right now, 50 is still a proven artist, which is a lot more than we can say for Game right now.

Also, you forget that "The Documentary" was a G-Unit release and 50 was an executive producer on that album, which means that he's getting paid off Game's success.  Remember how he's repeatedly bragged that he makes more money from "The Documentary" than Game himself does?  Keep that in mind when you talk about Game's success, and why Iovine favors 50 above Game.

It's hard to predict how this album will do.  Like I said, I'll check for Game even if Dre and 50 aren't there.  By going double plat in the states and something like 4x plat worldwide, he has a very soliid fanbase.   Obviously Game outselling Banks / Buck / Yayo (not combined - head to head) says something - since they all had 50 on their lead singles.  I think the obvious difference is gonna be the fact that Dre isn't gonna be doing any beats on this one.  If the other G-Unit affiliates get a top notch Dre beat a la "In Da Club" or "How We Do"  I think they could have hit the 2x plat mark. 

I think if Game busts his ass to make a good album he can do platinum numbers.  He needs to put this beef completely behind and focus on being dope on the mic.  He should not hype so much, just make dope shit and let the music speak for itself.

Also, while 50 and G-Unit have argueably been the biggest selling name in hip hop the last few years, there have been definite signs that their popularity is waning a bit.  Declining sales, delays, shelved albums, even down right flops prove that shit ain't all gravy.  50's golden touch ain't quite what it was, so they're vulnerable.  If the general public doesn't support them as much, that can only help Game.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2006, 06:41:11 PM »
Jrome is on point.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels