Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Rolling Out 'Blue Carpet'  (Read 1734 times)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Snoop Dogg Rolling Out 'Blue Carpet'
« on: June 17, 2006, 07:45:54 AM »
June 16, 2006, 4:00 PM ET
Tamara Conniff, N.Y.
Rapper Snoop Dogg has assembled an eye-popping roster of guests for his next studio album, "Blue Carpet Treatment." No release date has been announced yet for the project, Snoop's first under his own name since 2004's "R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece."

"It's coming together so good," Snoop tells Billboard. "I've been working on it for nine months. I've been working with Pharrell, Timbaland, will.i.am, Stevie Wonder, James Ingram, Warren G, R. Kelly, Ne-Yo, Akon, Jermaine Dupri, Janet Jackson, on and on. I have so much good material -- it's about [figuring out] what I'm going to use on my record."

Asked how he's evolved artistically in the past decade, Snoop says, "Musically, now I'm more coming from the heart. Back then, when I started, I was more coming from the mind. Now it's a little bit more in-depth, there's a little bit more going on with myself as far as the role I play now, the wisdom that I have, the direction that I take and the direction that I give. You can hear that in the music I'm making."

Snoop says he's working on a "Blue Carpet Treatment" animated film, plus the live-action movie "A Woman's Touch." Of the latter, he reports, "It's a touching movie directed at the women of America because I feel like the women need something from me, and I'm going to give them something. I'm going to give them what they really want and what they need."

As previously reported, he can also be heard on Tha Dogg Pound's new album, "Cali Iz Active," due June 27 via Snoop's Doggy Style Records and Koch.

ABN

Re: Snoop Dogg Rolling Out 'Blue Carpet'
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 07:47:52 AM »
if Dre aint producing on this i aint copping on it coz all of the albums Dre haven´t produced on have been so-so(The Doggfather was pretty good but that´s it).

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 08:00:13 AM »
Dre or not that is a GREAT lineup  :o

Of course I hope Dre will produce and didnt Justin say he already gave him some beats  ???

Ct

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 08:03:23 AM »
good to see warren g in this snoop's album :)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 08:06:37 AM »
good to see warren g in this snoop's album :)

I bet his song will get leftovered  :D

But the lineup: Akon, Stevie, R. Kelly, Ne-Yo

Production: Timbo, Pharrell, JD and probaby Dre

This just confirmed the number 1 spot in the albums im most anticipating. Cant wait  8)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 08:08:24 AM by Detox is not not coming... »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 08:25:09 AM »
Sounds really good!

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 08:43:40 AM »
This might be even worse than his last album.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 08:48:58 AM »
I will be patiently waiting for this to come out and it better have some production by Daz on it... And a posse cut featuring Daz, Kurupt, Warren and Nate would also be nice... 8)

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Damaja

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 09:05:45 AM »
i dont except much from snoop anymore from all his albums just four are really good... doggystyle, doggfather, top dogg, and tha last meal... so if his album will drop i ll check it out but if its crap like most of his albums i wont be disappointed anymore cause it has become normal to me... sadly...

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 09:11:14 AM »
Sounds real good 8)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 09:57:26 AM »
The list of artists is real poor imo, looks more like a r'n'b album. Do i really need to hear more pop music from snoop with a crappy hook from  Pharrell,  will.i.am, R. Kelly, Ne-Yo, Akon, Jermaine Dupri, Janet Jackson,

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 10:08:42 AM »
Take it to streets, Snoop

kemizt

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 10:13:44 AM »
Seems to have some good producers, but the features are kind of average IMHO.

I will be patiently waiting for this to come out and it better have some production by Daz on it... And a posse cut featuring Daz, Kurupt, Warren and Nate would also be nice... 8)
After Cali Iz Active, and Daz's SoSo Def debut, I'm sure peeople will already be sick of DPG. But I wouldn't mind them one or two tracks.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 10:44:59 AM »
Dre or not that is a GREAT lineup  :o

Of course I hope Dre will produce and didnt Justin say he already gave him some beats  ???

Yes great for a pop record i wana hear some fucking hip hop.

Diggfinger

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 10:48:29 AM »
is it just me or does that list seem pretty dull (expect for Warren and Raphael)