Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Rolling Out 'Blue Carpet'  (Read 1739 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop Dogg Rolling Out 'Blue Carpet'
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2006, 03:12:50 AM »
I know theres at least 2 beats dre produced for the projects .. catt told me that and said there MONSTERS .. his words not mine  ..

Lemme guess, one's called 'Malibu Dre', and the other one's called "Doggz 4 life" and is Daz and Dre's reunion track, right?

LOL... maxi khan
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2006, 04:58:44 AM »
But those three are moot points next to what I really, really want from a Snoop album:
1: No more R&B shit. It doesn't have to be all gang banged out, but you know, "hood". At least IMHO.
2: Consistency. I always keep saying it, but it's still true - most rap albums today are just a bunch of tracks thrown together to fill a CD, they don't mesh well together. What I want is a proper album with a set theme and subject matter. Though I must (gladly) say that the trend to do exactly this is on the rise.
3: Snoop - you better bring your A-game on this one. Lately Snoop's been good, so I'm optimistic about this.

you have nailed it right there, specially point 2.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2006, 06:36:53 AM »
But those three are moot points next to what I really, really want from a Snoop album:
1: No more R&B shit. It doesn't have to be all gang banged out, but you know, "hood". At least IMHO.
2: Consistency. I always keep saying it, but it's still true - most rap albums today are just a bunch of tracks thrown together to fill a CD, they don't mesh well together. What I want is a proper album with a set theme and subject matter. Though I must (gladly) say that the trend to do exactly this is on the rise.
3: Snoop - you better bring your A-game on this one. Lately Snoop's been good, so I'm optimistic about this.

you have nailed it right there, specially point 2.

The Great Elephant

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2006, 06:55:39 AM »
snoop has been fire lately but this lineup is really disappointing.  first the single for pharrel that we all had to make excuses about and now this.  who besides stevie wonder and warren g are worth getting excited about (im not looking at the list atm)?  and for whoever said "who you would you like to hear", id like dr otherfucking dre, warren g, fredwreck, mc ren, nate dogg, ice cube, kurupt, dj quik, crooked i, kam, jayo, and game to name a few.  if he gave out that kind of list this place would be crazy, i'd probably even go out and get a tattoo.  snoop has the money and influence to make that happen so much too, but i don't think it'll ever happen.  i don't know why either.

edit: james ingram sounds ok, i don't know who will.i.am is, neyo sucked on ghostface's album iirc, iand why is jermaine dupri on an album with dre??  isn't that the reason they haven't done shit in 7 years..
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 07:07:25 AM by The Great Elephant »

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2006, 10:11:47 AM »
dont know whut their called .. ask battlecat yaself  .. he told me they probz wouldnt be used as singles as they aint really umtempo joints from what i remember ..but he said their outta here none the less .. But cat confirmed it himself they already worked together for this album so
what else has Battlecat been up to lately?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2006, 10:37:51 AM »
Ok all the dudes that are saiyng they arent satisfied with the guest lineup, who do you want on this record ?

We all know you want 50 dont you???

Well it would be better than Daz and Kurupt. The song with 50 was one of the highlights on the RNG album.

Tell me when was the last time Daz and Kurupt dropped a verse like this:

Ever since the moment I was born I been dyin (yea)
Hundred miles an hour pulse flyin wit my eye... an
He who fears fate lives like coward
You go against me, you'll be devoured
Then you get to poppin you'll have change of heart
I hit your chest a couple times you'll have to change your heart
Have doc usin donors, dead niggaz wit spare parts
You come back wit lungs of a snicth, and the heart of dead nark
Niggaz never see the light till spark
Then they bleed, it get cold , then shit get dark
You can call me the beast from the east, I run these street
You can eat hollow tip shell or you can work for me
These rap niggaz crazy, my mercy has limits
Push me a hundred revolvers'll get to spinnin
Your services are no longer needed; rock-a-bye baby
My bitch will do it to you with a lil 380 (yea)

[chorus (50 Cent)]
Everytime I come around they like "Oh No"
I get to trippin; slap the clip up in my 44
Shit I been thruin my hood made my heart cold
I get to poppin off that thang like loco
No sense in coppin pleas when you see my knife out (knife out)
Motherfuckers light out (light out)

50 killed that fuckin song
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2006, 11:49:08 AM »
jd has been on fire with the beats lately i don't mind that one at all
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2006, 12:09:24 PM »
I never thought i would say this, but wgo gives a fuck if DPG is on there?  Daz and Kurupt are ass right now, these Cali is Active songs have been kinda dope but those two crackheads are ruining the songs!  I hope they don't come near BCT unless they bring their A-games.   

True, I'd rather hear the pop features that those 2 crackheads babbling about some garbage.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

acgrundy

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2006, 12:48:23 PM »
Its still months before the album will drop.  Snoop works with everyone nowadays, he probablyl just named off a lot of people who its his first time working with.  Am I tripping, or wasn't it just a couple months ago there was news of E-40 and snoop working together?  I'm pretty sure E-40 will be on the album.  I am pretty stoked on the stevie wonder collabo.  I have never even heard the music of about half those guests so I can't really comment.  Janet Jackson is not bad, she has a nice singing voice, and that song she did with Busta Rhymes back in the day is pretty tight.  Jermaine Dupri can make some nice beats.  I'm sure nate will be on the album.  hopefully dre will give an small sort of executive decision of putting together the final album, that would be cool.  Overall I don't expect to like every track on the album, but to be fair I don't expect that from anyone anymore.  So I'm sure we will get some bangers and hopefull his best album since top dogg.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2006, 01:03:22 PM »
Ok all the dudes that are saiyng they arent satisfied with the guest lineup, who do you want on this record ?

id like to see rap cats not rnb and espcaily not pop acts like justin, parrel will i am or watever

why not try to get just blaze hes worked with timbo before...thats if he so hell bent on not working with this same people and crating somehting new as he says.

CUbe and dre would be nice maybe e-40? how about someone from the wu? the possiblitys are endless but evername i read i was like no, no , no , no, no fuck this shit

k1000

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2006, 02:37:34 PM »
hopefull his best album since top dogg.
tha last meal was better

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2006, 02:54:04 PM »
hopefull his best album since top dogg.
tha last meal was better

A lot better... wasent feeling quik beats on this felt like he gave snoop his 2nd rate beats he dint want for his clique

Paul

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2006, 03:23:45 PM »
Well, Nate is on 'Cali iz Active' so I don't think they have problems.

But I do NOT like this line-up. He'd better have failed to mention the street tracks cause this prospective line-up sucks terribly. Will.i.Am on this album? Like Pharell isn't bad enough.

Once again Snoop will disappoint us by making a pop album. Judging from the article he seems to think his fans actually like albums like R&G. Obviously, he counts the teenybopper audience as his fans too, and they are probably more numerous then we are.

I'm very disappointed.

i agree, but im not goin to judge it on the tracklist. im not too happy so far
funkyfreshintheflesh

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2006, 03:44:02 PM »
Take it to streets, Snoop

that's what he's doing: Nee-yo, Stevie Wonder, Janet Jackson

that's  a  crip guest list
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2006, 03:51:35 PM »
Take it to streets, Snoop

that's what he's doing: Nee-yo, Stevie Wonder, Janet Jackson

that's  a  crip guest list

how can u hate on STEVIE WONDER?? he's a LEGEND!!!!!!