Author Topic: Christian GOP Congressman doesn't know 10 Commandments  (Read 929 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Christian GOP Congressman doesn't know 10 Commandments
« on: June 17, 2006, 02:44:05 PM »
http://www.boingboing.net/2006/06/17/ten_commandments_con.html

This guy is co-sponsoring legislation that demands the 10 commandments be placed on public display in the House of Representatives and in the Senate, but when asked to name them he has no clue what they even are.

He barely named three of them. 

More religious hypocrisy from the right, but what else is new.  Really its kinda sad how dumb religious voters are, this guy's main platform is being mr. christianity, but he has no clue.  Like more religious people, he just abuses his religion for personal gain.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Christian GOP Congressman doesn't know 10 Commandments
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 03:48:53 PM »
I definitely support his legislation.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 04:35:42 PM »

That is deeply disturbing, however when I say this I should put it in the context of things domestically here, its seperate in so far as its not related to politicians but a mass swathe of people in England, don't actually know what the Magna Carta was and have no idea how it relates to the british constitution. Ironically I find myself quoting a young tony blair from 22 years ago before he became psychotic. "People in this country are being lost in a prison of ignorance"

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 05:16:29 PM »
LMAO! That's horrible. Whether you're for the bill or against it, that doesn't matter. What matters is we have an incompetent man in office who is backing something that he isn't even familiar with. You know he isn't the only one: Democratic or Republican.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 06:48:24 PM »

That's because your both cut from the same mold.  You are the classic christian conservative.  To the christian conservative talking about religion is what counts, following the ideology doesn't matter.  In fact, like most typical christian conservatives you don't even have a good understanding of christian ideology.

If you actually studied christian teachings you'd learn Jesus has a lot more in common with liberal hippies than he ever would with you.  Your worldview and christian ideology just aren't compatible, but most of the christian right is to ignorant to bother studying their own religion.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 06:49:30 PM »
LMAO! That's horrible. Whether you're for the bill or against it, that doesn't matter. What matters is we have an incompetent man in office who is backing something that he isn't even familiar with. You know he isn't the only one: Democratic or Republican.

Exactly, these guys just use people like Cwalker and Trauma as pawns to get elected.  In reality they have no clue about religion except that they know talking about it all day will get them votes from bigotted idiots.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 07:15:05 PM »
What exactly is so wrong with having the Ten Commandments hanging up in court rooms? Why are liberals so intent at bringing them down everywhere?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »
What exactly is so wrong with having the Ten Commandments hanging up in court rooms? Why are liberals so intent at bringing them down everywhere?

I don't know if you realize this, but this forum isn't CNN, you can have a sincere dicussion once in awhile.   I get the feeling you think you're actually part of the republican propaganda machine.  Why not just try to act like a real person and have a sincere conversation instead writing BS all day.  You don't have to rep the party line here cuz really, there is no point to it.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 07:38:49 PM »
So are you going to answer my question or not?

Eihtball

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 08:05:44 PM »

That's because your both cut from the same mold.  You are the classic christian conservative.  To the christian conservative talking about religion is what counts, following the ideology doesn't matter.  In fact, like most typical christian conservatives you don't even have a good understanding of christian ideology.

If you actually studied christian teachings you'd learn Jesus has a lot more in common with liberal hippies than he ever would with you.  Your worldview and christian ideology just aren't compatible, but most of the christian right is to ignorant to bother studying their own religion.

Real American also listens to gangster rap, which is of course conservative Christians' least favorite music (which they love to try and ban, since we all know conservatives try to subject people to their standards of "morality").

Shame on Real American for not doing what he's 'posed to do...bad Christian, bad...

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 11:01:32 PM »

Your question, like most of your posts, is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to play "let's be a political operative."  News flash dude, you're not an important member of the repbulican party.  No one cares whether you "stay on message."  Guess what else?  It's ok to be a "real" person. 

You're question has little to do with the theme of this post which is pointing out an example of republican hypocrisy, ie a congressman that appears to be very concerned with religion's inclusion in politics, in the form of displaying the ten commandments, when in reality the congressman doesn't even know what the 10 commandments are.  It's shameful, but do you care? No, you have to stay on message, as if we're debating on CNN or Fox News.  Instead of discussing the issue, you post a random general statement "i support the legislation."  Just like a good soldier, don't get into actual discussion, that's when your words can be used against you.  Then from there it progresses "why do liberals hate religion?"  Great diversion from the original subject, now we're not talking about republican bigotry, we're on "safe" terrority the GOP, why liberals hate religion.  What's the end result?  The debate turns to worthless BS, the discussion is over with, onto the next one.  Score one for your team, cept you didn't really score anything, cuz no one gives a shit about discussions on dubcc.

Maybe your practicing for the day when you can be a real member of the GOP, but that day is yet to come.  And either way, you just exemplify what's worst about politicians.  They no longer can about having genuine discussions.  You're not a REAL American, you a disgusting representation of what's worst about the American political system.  Democracy is supposed to be effective because it allows genuine debates from opposing sides, but that isn't what we're doing anymore.  You're objective isn't to debate, its to destroy the debate, just like a good lil partisan. 

If you were a true patriot, you'd grow some balls and try to have a genuine discussion.  Instead you'd rather live in fantasy land and pretend you're Ken Mehlman or whoever your favorite GOP talking head is.

So here is a question for you... why do you act so fake all the time?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 11:23:22 PM »

So here is a question for you... why do you act so fake all the time?

cuz hes a wack alias with an even wacker gimmick
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 07:08:29 AM »
So why are you guys against this legislation?

Eihtball

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 07:11:40 AM »
So why are you guys against this legislation?

You first...Why do you support it?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 07:17:02 AM »
I asked first.