Author Topic: The Sad Truth about "Cali iz Active"  (Read 3174 times)

Quadruple OG

The Sad Truth about "Cali iz Active"
« on: June 18, 2006, 06:37:04 PM »
I downloaded the album, and despite what people want to believe, this album will dissapoint.  At the MOST I'd give this cd a 2/5...it is a major dissapointment, especially since the track that wcrydaz posted would probably have been one of, if not, the best song on the album.

There are two problems with "Cali iz Active".  One was having Paul Wall, David Banner, and Puffy on this cd.  Their styles contrast way too much with the Daz/Kurupt chemistry.  If they had verses from Bad Azz, Warren G, Soopafly, and a couple people from the Cali iz Active video shoot (Too Short, WC, DJ Quik, Roscoe, Xzibit, and MC Eiht come to mind), instead of trying to go mainstream, it'd be a better album. 

The second problem, and the biggest one with this album is the same problem that plagued the 213 album...the production wasn't kept in house.  The tracks Soopafly produced ("Throwin up da C", "Slow your roll", and "Keepin' it Gangsta") are the highlights of this album.  Battlecat must have used beats he pulled out of the trash because besides "Cali iz active", his beats are garbage...he definately did not bring his A game (this case, he didn't bring his B, C, or D game either).  If you have Daz, Soopafly, and Warren G produce the bulk of this album (say 4 songs each) and have Dre, Scott Storch, Jazze Pha, and Battlecat produce a song each, then we'd have the classic album that many people on here feel Cali iz Active should have been.

On a side note, I'm convinced that Snoop must have something on Soopafly for him to be stuck as Snoop's caddy.  Soopafly has been held back waaaaaay too long, he's too talented to be treated like he has been.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: The Sad Truth about "Cali iz Active"
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 06:48:13 PM »
only thing I can say is that the best Rapper from the dogg pound is Lady Of Rage...

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 06:49:54 PM »
only thing I can say is that the best Rapper from the dogg pound is Lady Of Rage...

By far, it's not even close.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Quadruple OG

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 06:50:47 PM »

She's the only one that IMO hasn't fallen off since the demise of Death Row

$Eg2$

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 07:13:14 PM »

She's the only one that IMO hasn't fallen off since the demise of Death Row

Yup Sad but true .  But when Kurupt was bacc with Suge every1 was sayn "Kurupt iz wack he fell off" But now that him and Dpg Kissed and made up every1 bacc on hizz dicc..

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 07:17:02 PM »
i agree with the thread starter, everything he said is true..soopafly had the best beats on the album

d-nice

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 07:27:37 PM »
So you guys are saying it is not better than Tha Streetz and RR&GB like Justin said?  ???  ;)

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 07:51:24 PM »
i downloaded this shit too its not that great.  every time i get something daz/kurupt/dogg pound related they always end up saying "oh this isn't the real thing, wait for our NEXT project..."  i'm tired of believing that shit.

the thing that is frustrating is that kurupt does still have it... he RIPPED some verses within the past 2-3 years.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 07:51:39 PM »
So far, my favorite tracks are "Throwin Up Da C", "Don't Sweat It", "Faknass Hoes", "Face 2 Face", "Keepin It Gangsta", & "Hard On A Hoe", those tracks stood out to me but I'm feelin' the other tracks too...the only one I don't listen to that much is "She Likes Dat", I didn't get into that one that much but my opinion might change...& I'm still going to buy the DPG album when it drops...

Quadruple OG

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 08:25:51 PM »
So you guys are saying it is not better than Tha Streetz and RR&GB like Justin said?  ???  ;)

nope, not even close to approaching those albums

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 09:46:24 PM »
this isnt exactly a shocker... its not like (at least to me) it could have been a straight classic pulled out of kurupt and daz's asses, especially after none of their recent releases have been near classic. the best recent one was the dogg pound gangsta LP, and that came out a minute and a half ago. who knows though, i havent heard it, maybe its aight. or maybe not.

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 09:50:58 PM »
This is 213 Part 2.

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 09:53:55 PM »
I downloaded the album, and despite what people want to believe, this album will dissapoint.  At the MOST I'd give this cd a 2/5...it is a major dissapointment, especially since the track that wcrydaz posted would probably have been one of, if not, the best song on the album.

There are two problems with "Cali iz Active".  One was having Paul Wall, David Banner, and Puffy on this cd.  Their styles contrast way too much with the Daz/Kurupt chemistry.  If they had verses from Bad Azz, Warren G, Soopafly, and a couple people from the Cali iz Active video shoot (Too Short, WC, DJ Quik, Roscoe, Xzibit, and MC Eiht come to mind), instead of trying to go mainstream, it'd be a better album. 

The second problem, and the biggest one with this album is the same problem that plagued the 213 album...the production wasn't kept in house.  The tracks Soopafly produced ("Throwin up da C", "Slow your roll", and "Keepin' it Gangsta") are the highlights of this album.  Battlecat must have used beats he pulled out of the trash because besides "Cali iz active", his beats are garbage...he definately did not bring his A game (this case, he didn't bring his B, C, or D game either).  If you have Daz, Soopafly, and Warren G produce the bulk of this album (say 4 songs each) and have Dre, Scott Storch, Jazze Pha, and Battlecat produce a song each, then we'd have the classic album that many people on here feel Cali iz Active should have been.

On a side note, I'm convinced that Snoop must have something on Soopafly for him to be stuck as Snoop's caddy.  Soopafly has been held back waaaaaay too long, he's too talented to be treated like he has been.

i could already tell this album was wack jus by listening to the song "cali iz active". There Has only been maybe 2 albums after dogg food, that i would consider a "good" album.

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 09:59:43 PM »
I rate it 5/10....I'm not impressed by this album at all.......they have a couple of good tracks but it doesn't have a lot of replay value IMO. I thinks Kurupt solo will be better.

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 10:37:20 PM »
ur all prolly just hating on it cause u wanna act cool since u got it early.

give it more than half a listen. sometimes it takes a few spins to appreciate

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc