Author Topic: The Sad Truth about "Cali iz Active"  (Read 3171 times)

Eihtball

Re: The Sad Truth about "Cali iz Active"
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2006, 04:28:16 PM »
We as west coast fans also need to stop knockin our artists for "their sound". You know why the south sells? Because they did not compromise their sound. They kept it hood and country with the slang and beats. I people love it now.

No, the South sells because their "crunk" sound what's hot right now.  Just like the West's G-Funk was hot in the mid-90s.  But the South ain't gonna be on top forever.  A few years from now, ain't nobody gonna be checking for Lil Jon, Three-6, Young Jeezy, and all these other country niggas cause they're all putting out the same bullshit over and over.

So don't act like the West needs to follow the South's example, cause if the South keeps doing what the West was doing 10 years ago, then they're gonna be in the same position we're in right now.

You got people wearing chucks and khakis, using west coast producers and c walkin in they videos (Puff) and they aint even from the west, so that arguement that people do not want or like west coast music is bs. We love Fred Wreck and the dude was nominated along with WSC for Gangsta Nation, but in the same breath we are like "oh nobody around the usa is gonna listen to Fred, or Battlecat or whoever makes beats out here. So what does Fred do? Make a hit with G-Unit on they soundtrack that is a smash AROUND THE COUNTRY! Battlecat? Gangsta Boogie, G'D Up. Those were big songs for Mack and the Eastsidaz. We got some serious heat on the boards and on the mic yall. Support it or don't listen to it.

Homie, the C-walkin trend died out 5 years ago.  It was the closet the West has come to a resurgence with Snoop, Tha Eastsidaz, WC, and Xzibit popularizing the dance, but it was just another trend that was over as soon as it had begun.  You're behind the times if you think anyone still gives a shit about the C-walk now except the niggas who are rip riding in L.A.

Just face it - the West is dead and it's gonna stay dead as long as cats like you demand that West Coast rappers only put out the same bullshit music over and over.  The West needs to be more like the East, not like the South or the Midwest - it needs to innovate and give people a reason that it's still relevent.  But it's just not doing it right now.

kingwell

« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2006, 04:28:59 PM »
Kurupt needs to check himself for real.

d-nice

« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2006, 04:44:47 PM »
We as west coast fans also need to stop knockin our artists for "their sound". You know why the south sells? Because they did not compromise their sound. They kept it hood and country with the slang and beats. I people love it now.

No, the South sells because their "crunk" sound what's hot right now.  Just like the West's G-Funk was hot in the mid-90s.  But the South ain't gonna be on top forever.  A few years from now, ain't nobody gonna be checking for Lil Jon, Three-6, Young Jeezy, and all these other country niggas cause they're all putting out the same bullshit over and over.

So don't act like the West needs to follow the South's example, cause if the South keeps doing what the West was doing 10 years ago, then they're gonna be in the same position we're in right now.

You got people wearing chucks and khakis, using west coast producers and c walkin in they videos (Puff) and they aint even from the west, so that arguement that people do not want or like west coast music is bs. We love Fred Wreck and the dude was nominated along with WSC for Gangsta Nation, but in the same breath we are like "oh nobody around the usa is gonna listen to Fred, or Battlecat or whoever makes beats out here. So what does Fred do? Make a hit with G-Unit on they soundtrack that is a smash AROUND THE COUNTRY! Battlecat? Gangsta Boogie, G'D Up. Those were big songs for Mack and the Eastsidaz. We got some serious heat on the boards and on the mic yall. Support it or don't listen to it.

Homie, the C-walkin trend died out 5 years ago.  It was the closet the West has come to a resurgence with Snoop, Tha Eastsidaz, WC, and Xzibit popularizing the dance, but it was just another trend that was over as soon as it had begun.  You're behind the times if you think anyone still gives a shit about the C-walk now except the niggas who are rip riding in L.A.

Just face it - the West is dead and it's gonna stay dead as long as cats like you demand that West Coast rappers only put out the same bullshit music over and over.  The West needs to be more like the East, not like the South or the Midwest - it needs to innovate and give people a reason that it's still relevent.  But it's just not doing it right now.

I understand that C-walkin died, but you missed my whole point. If the trends and the music is so "dead" then why do you have so many people copying it (Dipset). It must be something about the trends and the music people like or want to emulate. Where in my opinion did I say they need to stay the same. I said producers like Fred and Battlecat continue to put out hot music. They are west coast producers right? You can be innovative and still be from the west. I really don't give a fuck whether or not people think it is dope or not. That is a opinion at the end of the day. DJ Quik BEEN dropping dope shit. Planet Asia, Balance, Crook, Ras, the list goes on and on. The west aint just about Gangsta Rap or hyphy, but they get the mainstream attention. We have as diverse a music culture as any coast. What you want, are rappers to sound like the east and the south now. I agree with you on the music needs to be innovative and grow, but if there are artists out there that are doing it would you recognize it. Because I see quite a few. They may not be mainstream and people aint really checkin for it.   

WestCoasta

« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2006, 04:58:17 PM »
it leaked 2 days ago... relax

d-nice

« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2006, 05:04:19 PM »
Hell, I'll just wait till next Tuesday and pick this up and the Kurupt.

Eihtball

« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2006, 05:11:16 PM »
I understand that C-walkin died, but you missed my whole point. If the trends and the music is so "dead" then why do you have so many people copying it (Dipset). It must be something about the trends and the music people like or want to emulate.

No, you missed my point.  Who is emulating the West?  Just because Dipset claim to be from the United Blood Nation (which has the allegiance of sets in NYC) doesn't mean they're emulating the West.  Likewise, the music isn't being emulating just because 50 Cent works with Fredwreck or Jay-Z works with DJ Quik on a song.  Matter of fact, I seem to recall lots of people complaing about Quik changing up his style to suit other cats?

Where in my opinion did I say they need to stay the same. I said producers like Fred and Battlecat continue to put out hot music. They are west coast producers right? You can be innovative and still be from the west. I really don't give a fuck whether or not people think it is dope or not. That is a opinion at the end of the day. DJ Quik BEEN dropping dope shit. Planet Asia, Balance, Crook, Ras, the list goes on and on. The west aint just about Gangsta Rap or hyphy, but they get the mainstream attention. We have as diverse a music culture as any coast.

Fred and Battlecat are both G-Funk producers.  They do a better job of it than most of these copycats, but they are still practicing an obsolete style that nobody outside of the West is feeling anymore.  And yes, despite what you said, gangsta rap is all the West is about...niggas trying to C-walk at age 40 and convince people they're still relevent to hip-hop.  And yes, there are some ill MCs like Ras and Planet Asia, but they're too few and far in between.  There is far less diversity in the West than there is on the East Coast, or even in the South.

What you want, are rappers to sound like the east and the south now. I agree with you on the music needs to be innovative and grow, but if there are artists out there that are doing it would you recognize it. Because I see quite a few. They may not be mainstream and people aint really checkin for it.   

I want the West to innovative, and I want to hear good music.  That is all...and with the exception of a few cats, I ain't hearing it these days.

d-nice

« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2006, 05:19:43 PM »

I want the West to innovative, and I want to hear good music.  That is all...and with the exception of a few cats, I ain't hearing it these days.

I agree with you 100%. More cats do need to push their creative boundaries. There is still good music out there, but yes it is very hard to find.

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2006, 07:04:06 PM »
I bumped the album the whole two days and I can honestly say it's not that great...I won't call it wack it's aight...but it ain't worth my money.

Laugh Now, Cry Later >>>>>>>> Cali Iz Active........Hands down.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2006, 07:25:54 PM »
i like most of the tracks but im disappointed with the battlecat beats....

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2006, 10:38:57 PM »
Now that I've listened to the album, I have to wonder what album the nay sayers were listening to. The album is pretty damn good.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2006, 12:21:29 AM »
Sittin' On 23'z
It's Craccin All Night
Faknass Hoes
Don't Sweat It
Make Dat Pussy Pop

Neva should've made tha album.............after my second listen i'm feeling tha album a lil' more but it's a disappointment to be honest

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2006, 12:46:14 AM »
Sittin' On 23'z
It's Craccin All Night
Faknass Hoes
Don't Sweat It
Make Dat Pussy Pop

Neva should've made tha album.............after my second listen i'm feeling tha album a lil' more but it's a disappointment to be honest

What the hell are you talking about ? Those are the best track imo.

Yayos album >>> this  :-\

Snoop is the shit though. He is on fire lately  8)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2006, 12:53:21 AM »
Why the fuck can mc's from NY rap on "Premier" or "Pete Rock" type of beats & get away wit it without anyone calling their shit outdated or saying they should work wit artists like Diddy but everytime a dude from the westcoast does a G-Funk track y'all say he's stuck in the past or should make more mainstream sounding tracks??? ::)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2006, 01:08:08 AM »
Why the fuck can mc's from NY rap on "Premier" or "Pete Rock" type of beats & get away wit it without anyone calling their shit outdated or saying they should work wit artists like Diddy but everytime a dude from the westcoast does a G-Funk track y'all say he's stuck in the past or should make more mainstream sounding tracks??? ::)

Probably becuase Pete Rock and Premier SHIT on Daz, Warren G's production.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2006, 01:29:47 AM »
Sittin' On 23'z
It's Craccin All Night
Faknass Hoes
Don't Sweat It
Make Dat Pussy Pop

Neva should've made tha album

What the hell are you talking about ? Those are the best track imo.

Yayos album >>> this  :-\

Shut....the fuck.....up!!