Author Topic: The Sad Truth about "Cali iz Active"  (Read 3173 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Sad Truth about "Cali iz Active"
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2006, 01:46:51 AM »
Sittin' On 23'z
It's Craccin All Night
Faknass Hoes
Don't Sweat It
Make Dat Pussy Pop

Neva should've made tha album

What the hell are you talking about ? Those are the best track imo.

Yayos album >>> this  :-\

Shut....the fuck.....up!!

Truth hurts  :D

Paul

« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2006, 06:54:54 AM »
i like most of the tracks but im disappointed with the battlecat beats....

the only battlecat beat iv heard apart from cali iz active is stop lyin and it sunds pretty good , westcoast beat 8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2006, 11:15:51 AM »
Yayos album is much better then this, the production is better, yayos flow/rhymes are better. not that yayo is better but its just a meaure of how much they fallen off.

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2006, 11:37:07 AM »
I gotta say, this album is waaay better than I thought it would be. I wasn't expecting much, and I was pleasantly surprised. I really like it. Guess I'm in the minority. I even like the joint with Diddy on it. And people can hate on Kurupt as much as they want (I know I do) but his verse on Keepin' It Gangsta is the best 16 he's spit in years. I'll stand by that.

eastcoast timbs

• 'G'
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2006, 11:54:42 AM »
Why the fuck can mc's from NY rap on "Premier" or "Pete Rock" type of beats & get away wit it without anyone calling their shit outdated or saying they should work wit artists like Diddy but everytime a dude from the westcoast does a G-Funk track y'all say he's stuck in the past or should make more mainstream sounding tracks??? ::)

Probably becuase Pete Rock and Premier SHIT on Daz, Warren G's production.

I havent been up on Daz since his Death Row days. I love the stuff he did back then. His stuff now is wacker than back then? How much more so? I wanted to check this album out but I noticed he didnt do no tracks

BL7

« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2006, 12:01:06 PM »
Why the fuck can mc's from NY rap on "Premier" or "Pete Rock" type of beats & get away wit it without anyone calling their shit outdated or saying they should work wit artists like Diddy but everytime a dude from the westcoast does a G-Funk track y'all say he's stuck in the past or should make more mainstream sounding tracks??? ::)

Probably becuase Pete Rock and Premier SHIT on Daz, Warren G's production.

I strongly disagree! Premier & Pete Rock are great, but they ain't any better than Warren behind the boards. Maybe better than Daz though.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2006, 05:50:16 PM »
Ohhh SHiiiit they forgot to put some WBALLS Skit!!

Quadruple OG

« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2006, 07:47:36 PM »

that is the least of this album's problems

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2006, 08:25:24 PM »

last time i heard that, was at the Game n Snoop Concert last year. shit was funny as fuck, they started playing songs for da bitches, lol

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2006, 08:29:28 PM »
Who is WBalls? who plays the character, and if you didn't notice, all the songs hes on kick ass.

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2006, 09:45:45 PM »
Who is WBalls?

lol

this board has way too many haters tho.

saying predicate felon is better than cal iz active is just moronic. that should be an automatic ban
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 09:48:21 PM by FragMasterGen »

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

Efrain

« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2006, 08:49:17 AM »
I think Snoop’s the one to blame. Literally everyone who’s ever worked with him say he’s cool and all but when it comes to business he’s the biggest dildo around. I can’t think of one good business decision he’s made out of the thousands of things he’s done since being at the helm of his career.
Warren said the idea to take all of his production off the 213 album was Snoops idea. Daz said the reason he didn’t produce anything for this Dogg Pound record was because Snoop wanted other producers. And side note, people like battle cat need to be fined for such lame production and I’m serious. This guys beats literally are garbage, they’re painful to the ear. See, Snoop has the same business mentality that someone like50 cent has. Totally opposite of someone like Puffy or JD where they think all you need for a album to be successful is to dump lots of money into it. Never mind what you putting into it as long as it’s expensive. A beat that cost 20 grand must be better than one that costs 2 right? Wrong, but its that mindset that gets us these shitty phoned in albums and what’s worse is I think Snoop has NO idea. I bet the next time around will look at it like “ok, the last dogg pound album sold ok with one P Diddy track, so in order to sell more it must need more P Diddy tracks.” When in reality it would have done better with NOT more but LESS.       

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2006, 09:31:35 PM »
I give this album a 2.5/5

The highlights: Cali is active, Lady of Rage's verse on Keepin it Gangsta and Throwin up da C. Snoop had decent verses. Other than that, this album is below mediocre. That song with David Banner is ear pollution.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2006, 09:34:18 PM »

that is the least of this album's problems

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2006, 10:10:26 PM »
This album is real nice, I don't know what everyone's problem wit the CD is.I just think most of y'all got ya expectations too high or something.I mean, what were y'all expecting, a classic???& since it isn't, everyones hating.Anyways like I said, great CD.