Author Topic: The Sad Truth about "Cali iz Active"  (Read 3182 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: The Sad Truth about "Cali iz Active"
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2006, 10:16:15 PM »
So you guys are saying it is not better than Tha Streetz and RR&GB like Justin said?  ???  ;)

justin couldn't have been more wrong
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2006, 10:18:50 PM »
This guys beats literally are garbage, they’re painful to the ear

on this album or in general? cause battlecat is one of the best producers, he brought shit to this album though.

We Fly High

« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2006, 11:59:37 PM »
So you guys are saying it is not better than Tha Streetz and RR&GB like Justin said?  ???  ;)

id ont know to tell u the truth, there was a lot of changes from the album i heard 3 months ago, until now. more guests, deleted tracks, new additions, and what not. but im just surprised that people dont like Keep It Gangsta more, or even Its All Good. I thought there would be a huge response for Its All Good and the other tracks as well. It really sucks that they left off the alchemist track as well as the busta rhymes tracks, those were 2 of the most solid cuts on the album. unfortunately shit happens though. Im suprised more people dont like sittin on 23z, that track is hard as hell in the car.

and additionally i never said it was better than the streetz and RR&GB. I only said that this was the best cd that has come out since those 2 projects. in my opinion this is a more solid effort than any of daz's recent solo releases, kurupt's solo releases (maybe on par with space boogie), but better than dillinger and young gotti 1 and 2, and what not. i mean i really thought people would like "dont sweat it, keep it gangsta, its all good, cali iz active, stop lying, throwin up da C".

i admit that the paul wall songs david banner and some of the other one are all terrible. but i mean i believe that there are enough strong solid cuts on there regardless.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 12:11:32 AM by Justin »

SGV

« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2006, 12:18:48 AM »
Pete Rock isn't that great anymore, but to say Warren G is better than Preem is laughable. Warren hasn't made a banging beat in over a decade.

Rudki

« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2006, 05:32:18 AM »
Pete Rock isn't that great anymore, but to say Warren G is better than Preem is laughable. Warren hasn't made a banging beat in over a decade.

I would call , for instance, the Intro beat on ROTR a "banging beat"

but yeah, his last LP, production wasnt very good at all (to his standards)

BL7

« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2006, 08:08:27 AM »

I didn't say he was better than them, just that they didn't "shit" on Warren's productions. And I think a lot of Warren's beats on ITMH were great. I still listen to that record.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2006, 08:36:23 AM »

yeah, he was gettin everyone hyped for this shit

you would of thought he was listening to Dogg Food 2
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Quadruple OG

« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2006, 08:38:03 AM »
I only said that this was the best cd that has come out since those 2 projects. in my opinion this is a more solid effort than any of daz's recent solo releases, kurupt's solo releases (maybe on par with space boogie), but better than dillinger and young gotti 1 and 2, and what not.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2006, 09:05:58 AM »
This album is real nice, I don't know what everyone's problem wit the CD is.I just think most of y'all got ya expectations too high or something.I mean, what were y'all expecting, a classic???& since it isn't, everyones hating.Anyways like I said, great CD.

Hating?  ::)

Anything to excuse wackness like this. I could argue that people's standards for quality music has plummetted drammatically. Go listen to Ghostface's album and then listen to Ice Cube's album. Then listen to this album and this album is nowhere near as good as Ghostface or Ice Cube's albums.

I wasn't expecting a classic, I wasn't expecting Dogg Pound 2 and I don't think anyone else was either. However this album is barely average at that.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2006, 10:47:40 AM »

i mean i really thought people would like "dont sweat it, keep it gangsta, its all good, cali iz active, stop lying, throwin up da C".

dont worry, they do like em. they're just to buisy being dissapointed with the album as a whole. this cd has a lot of solid cuts on it.

but there are a few low points too. first off, nate only does background vocals. it shouldnt say featuring ice cube, cause then people expect a verse, not some 2 second sample. there are too many mainstream features for most west coast heads (ie diddy, banner, jazze, swizz), and then to top it off kurupts lyrics for the most part are sub par, plus no soopafly on the mic. hopefully the final release has that busta track on it, i wanna hear that, but overall its a good cd, just give it a few spins.

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

SoCal Iz Active

« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2006, 11:38:24 AM »
i agree with most people here, i only like 3 tracks out of this cd which would be It's All Good, Throwin Up Da C, and Face 2 Face cuz that beat is monsterous

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2006, 11:59:30 AM »
i'm putting my finger at snoop for all his fucked up decision for DOGG POUND.  Snoop ain't no dpg.  He just tryna fuck daz and kurupt's mind and get their money.  Snoop is dickhead for tryna make some fucked up moves.  I'm sure he probably had some people(who never listedn to rap before) sit down and listen to the whole album before they get released.  Those people thought it was because they thought it was "hip hop."  Snoop wanna see if they can money off these white people.  Snoop was in the ice cube saying, "make money off the crackers." hahah... i know snoop is the one washed up.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2006, 01:56:50 PM »
This album is real nice, I don't know what everyone's problem wit the CD is.I just think most of y'all got ya expectations too high or something.I mean, what were y'all expecting, a classic???& since it isn't, everyones hating.Anyways like I said, great CD.

Hating?  ::)

Anything to excuse wackness like this. I could argue that people's standards for quality music has plummetted drammatically. Go listen to Ghostface's album and then listen to Ice Cube's album. Then listen to this album and this album is nowhere near as good as Ghostface or Ice Cube's albums.

I wasn't expecting a classic, I wasn't expecting Dogg Pound 2 and I don't think anyone else was either. However this album is barely average at that.
lol at telling me to listen to Ghostface, dude, Ghostface is my favorite rapper.

mauzip

« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2006, 04:08:28 PM »
I've finally listened to this CD enough times to make a good comment on it.  This CD is tight, there's really nothing to bitch about.  Even the songs with Diddy, Paul Wall, and Banner are not bad, but they're just different than the West Coast shit everyone is used to.  Anyways, EVERYONE knew these guys were gonna be on the album for months prior to the release.  I remember a fair amount of people complaining back then, but for everyone else, what did you expect out of a track with David Banner on it, or Paul Wall?  I could easily see that Paul Wall track pop up on a Paul Wall album and no one would think twice. 
The rest of the tracks are great, except, ironically, I think "Slow Your Roll" is the worst track on the album, its just boring as fuck to me, even though there was an appreciation thread made for it earlier today.  This CD is excatly what I expected, and I'm definitely gonna buy it when it comes out.  Its also 10X more West Coast than the 213 album, and besides the Paul Wall, Banner, Jazze Pha, and Swizz Beatz tracks (one-fouth of the album,) everything on here sounds West Coast.
To everyone who hates it, what did you expect from it?  It sure as hell wasn't gonna be Dogg Food, and I can understand the complaints of Kurupt's verse on the Diddy track, cuz that was shit, but I really don't see the hating on Kurupt either.