Author Topic: The Sad Truth about "Cali iz Active"  (Read 3168 times)

Quadruple OG

Re: The Sad Truth about "Cali iz Active"
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2006, 04:20:49 PM »
To everyone who hates it, what did you expect from it?  It sure as hell wasn't gonna be Dogg Food, and I can understand the complaints of Kurupt's verse on the Diddy track, cuz that was shit, but I really don't see the hating on Kurupt either.

Fans expected a half decent album and they got absolute trash (minus the soopafly tracks).  Everyone that was involved (not named Soopafly or Lady of Rage) could have done a lot better with their contributions

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2006, 04:28:10 PM »
To everyone who hates it, what did you expect from it?  It sure as hell wasn't gonna be Dogg Food, and I can understand the complaints of Kurupt's verse on the Diddy track, cuz that was shit, but I really don't see the hating on Kurupt either.

Fans expected a half decent album and they got absolute trash (minus the soopafly tracks).  Everyone that was involved (not named Soopafly or Lady of Rage) could have done a lot better with their contributions

couldnt agree more

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2006, 04:32:22 PM »

Fans expected a half decent album and they got absolute trash (minus the soopafly tracks).  Everyone that was involved (not named Soopafly or Lady of Rage or Snoop) could have done a lot better with their contributions

couldnt agree more

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2006, 04:41:01 PM »
The Main problem of this album is that it doesnt have no vibe, its like a bunch of tracks put togethe, also They were hyping this album like crazy, saying that the Whole Dogg Pound would be involved...and this is a mistake in my opinion, knowing that Kurupt & Daz sucked  lyrically they should of add Bad Azz, Roscoe,Soopafly,Nate Dogg,Half Dead and the rest of the crew to help them out, also about the beats..they were just okay I was disapointed when I heard the Battlecat's beats because he used to make Classics, and soulful gangsta songs, now its sounds like alot of noise put together, they had anything to make a classic, and Im sure that they didnt put no effort on this because it was coming on Koch and it was made to create a hype for Snoops & Daz Major Solo's

WestCoasta

« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2006, 04:43:56 PM »
^^ I get what ur sayin, although I haven't heard the album yet

they really could do something good with it but they never seem to take that route

how fuckin hard would it be to get some Fredwreck beats and get some other guest spots, cheaper good ones

2001 and around that time before was such a good time in terms of chemistry with artists, I don't see why it changed

it seemed when Kurupt went to Death Row shit really changed, music turned crappier from 2002 on

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2006, 05:00:11 PM »
Oh and they are sooo Wack for ending the album with "she likes dat"

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »
Oh and they are sooo Wack for ending the album with "she likes dat"

Yup the worst track on a putrid album