Author Topic: The Sad Truth about "Cali iz Active"  (Read 3176 times)

Smoke

Re: The Sad Truth about "Cali iz Active"
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2006, 04:11:01 AM »
the sad thing is NO FEAT or ICE CUBE and Nate Dogg while on conver theyr names are on it

mauzip

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2006, 05:07:37 AM »
I thought it was a pretty good album. I didn't expect much of it. After two spins I think the Soopafly tracks are the best tracks on the album.

but... Cali Iz Active > The Hard Way... I know that much

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2006, 05:10:26 AM »

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2006, 05:16:30 AM »
Wow no one was really talking shit about the album, just giving their opinions and these other people act like their fucken families were offended.
lol, for real.I haven't heard the album but I won't be surprised if its dissapointing.

The Predator

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2006, 05:25:47 AM »
Someone said Ice cube does not even rap a rhyme on the song he's meant to be featured on.

Just looping his voice and then saying he's featured on the song.

Whats up with that?

Surely they could of got him to spit a rhyme.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 05:31:57 AM by The Predator »

Paul

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2006, 05:41:22 AM »
too many haters on this forum for me to take anyones opinion seriously.... :nawty:

Co-Sign to tha fullest....that's all these muthafuckas on here do. Whine day in day out about who's fallen off. They want tha artists to make albums like they did 10 and 15 years ago but when an artist doesn't change his formula he's been usin' tha past 10 years it's still a problem. 98% of these muthafuckas on here are real feminine, always asking for something then when it come along they don't like it.

Tha East Coast ain't tha one keeping down tha West, tha west Coast fans are tha ones keeping down tha West.

I'm not sayin' buy wack shit just because it's ya favorite artists all i'm sayin' is stop all tha moaning and whinin' about simple shit.......

*looks at negativity of my Karma go up rapidly*
 :D

I think certain guys have fell off, but i think thats some of the realest shit ive ever read on here...Good Point. There are alot of haters on these forums. Some of these dudes expect rappers to be perfect.

exactly im not going to take into account all these reviews, there are some like the thread starter tht maybe this is how they feel bout the album but there are some tht just quote wack and thts the way they think after 1 spin. i hated the diddy track the first time i heard but after really listening to it apart from kurupts verse its pretty good, especially snoops verse and daz. i do like the paul wall tracc and the last one produced by jazze pha. they sound good. also david banner is a pretty damn good producer im lookin forward to hearing tht.
funkyfreshintheflesh

destine-2-shine

• 'G'
  • the realest niigga in here
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2006, 06:29:56 AM »
I dont know what you call this shit in Denmark, Europe or Germany but in Pomona, California we call this shiit bangin. No its not an absolute heater but it has PLENTY of cuts you can bang and appreciate. Niggaz mad cuz they favorite artist aint spit a verse like they did in 94 is on some stupidity. Yeah its some tracks thats not up to snuff (battlecat joints) but besides that its bangin. The features of Paul Wall, Banner and Diddy that suckaz was complainin about are the highlights of the album and niggaz got they panties in a bunch about it. I dont know what yall was expectin to hear but im happy with it. I feel sorry for anybody expectin some dogg food type material without Daz on the boards.

We know why Daz wasnt on the boards, We know why Warren G wasnt on the boards with 213. Labels dont wanna pay niiggaz to rap AND produce. Labels say hey its YOUR project we are already paying you to rap, we AINT paying you to produce its simple as that. We know this shiit woulda been heat with Daz production on it. Even without it gets a 7/10.
fucc u and yo mothafuccin momma. and i still be the realest mothafucca in here.

PLANT

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2006, 06:48:14 AM »
I havnt heard the new DPG yet but the 213 record is a chillin ass cd....Its still gets good rotation in my player....All you guys who are waiting for another Death Row records release need to wake the fuck up and get with the program.

PLANT

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2006, 06:50:06 AM »
There will never be another track like "Stranded On Deathrow",,,,that shit is 14 years old man

Funkstradamus

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2006, 07:07:36 AM »
too many haters on this forum for me to take anyones opinion seriously.... :nawty:

Co-Sign to tha fullest....that's all these muthafuckas on here do. Whine day in day out about who's fallen off. They want tha artists to make albums like they did 10 and 15 years ago but when an artist doesn't change his formula he's been usin' tha past 10 years it's still a problem. 98% of these muthafuckas on here are real feminine, always asking for something then when it come along they don't like it.

Tha East Coast ain't tha one keeping down tha West, tha west Coast fans are tha ones keeping down tha West.

I'm not sayin' buy wack shit just because it's ya favorite artists all i'm sayin' is stop all tha moaning and whinin' about simple shit.......

Realest muthafuckin talk in this thread....thats why i dont post much on this bitch...and FYI this is still THE BEST ALBUM OUTTA THE WEST THIS YEAR!!!!

PLANT

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2006, 07:17:28 AM »
im listenin to it right now and it doesnt sound that bad to me....I just finsished Slow your Roll and now this Heavywights track is off the hook...

westkoastanostra

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2006, 07:37:19 AM »

real spit right here.....o btw i havent checked out the cd yet...seein how all the replies are negative i'm gonna burn it...

Rudki

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2006, 07:39:33 AM »
Skimmed through the album, and I really dont dig many of the beats....Im feelin Alchemists song alot more than this shit, I cant say im dissapointed with this as I never built up my hopes anyway....Diggin a handful of songs though..I wish battlecat laced more bangers on this!

Quadruple OG

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2006, 07:59:48 AM »

When I wrote what I wrote, I wasn't comparing "Cali iz active" to "Dogg Food" because all three are nowhere near that skill level, not to mention it was 10 years ago.  The only thing that saves this album is Soopafly.  Battlecat gave Tha Dogg Pound some of the worst beats he's ever done and their lyrics sound forced on other tracks.  If you take "Cali iz Active" for what it is, this album is flat out trash. 

West coast fans aren't keeping the west down, it's artists that release trash like this and expect their fans to like it and buy it because it has the names "Snoop Dogg", "213", or "Tha Dogg Pound" on the cover.

Wow no one was really talking shit about the album, just giving their opinions and these other people act like their fucken families were offended.

Lil' History lesson about this board...95% of the members will claim that Snoop Dogg and Daz Dillinger are extended members of their families and will defend them (and whatever they release) until they are 6 Feet Deep.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2006, 08:03:23 AM »
I thought the Battlecat tracks and the Soopafly joints were the highlights!