Author Topic: Big L > > > >Biggie Smalls  (Read 396 times)

herpes

Re: Big L > > > >Biggie Smalls
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 02:52:28 PM »
How old was he when he got shot? Does anyone know why he got shot? if he had any beefs and all.
He was 24-25.  He got shot b/c of his older brother.  His brother was deep in the streets and got into some beef.  But he was doing a bid upstate so whoever he had beef with got to the brother through.  He was shot 5 times point blank in the face.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 03:10:51 PM »
Quite possibly, Biggie is over-rated i.m.o.

J Bananas

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 03:36:50 PM »
big L is a better mc but his records dont have the personality or charisma like biggies to keep me listening over and over again. comparing them on a "whos better" field doesnt even make sense

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 03:42:11 PM »
Quite possibly, Biggie is over-rated i.m.o.

I agree with that too to a degree.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2006, 03:43:11 PM »
big L is a better mc but his records dont have the personality or charisma like biggies to keep me listening over and over again. comparing them on a "whos better" field doesnt even make sense

said it all right there^^, biggie had the flow, rhymes, AND beats

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2006, 06:35:53 PM »
the charisma might be true, but that's why Big L is a what if. He hadn't dropped an LP when he died. He had tons of mixtapes, which are more unpersonally, and artist tend to try to show case their skillz more, and use generic beats. He was a mixtape king. Had he put out a real LP, what could it have been like. Of course, Lloyd Banks was the same, and he didn't do well with his solo in terms of artistic. So it could be either way. That's the what if's. I think he is on Nas level right now with respect and skillz, and his on 50 Cent level in sales. With the right beats, Big L is on a level all on his own.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2006, 07:13:38 PM »
Big L is a different kind of mc. He was the perfect freestyler, he could spit better rhymes from the top of his head than biggie, jay-z and big pun put togheter. He had the craziest punchlines, the craziest metaphores, his multi-sylables skillz still can't be matched. He was also a great storyteller. He had not the jazzman-styled flow of biggie but his flow was crazy, he could spit slowly and in a second switch his flow and spit faster than krazy bone. He's not far from being the best mc, but he ain't perfect, he's not as clever as nas, charismatic and emotionnal as 2pac or got the special flow biggie had. But he is one of the best no doubt. When it comes to who's the best, it's all opinions.

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2006, 07:24:50 PM »
big  l was a better mc but biggie was a better artist

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2006, 07:34:14 PM »
I have to say Biggie. Biggie had a larger than life presence. Big L just didn't have that. Big L had talent but he lacked the presence that someone on Biggie's level had. That's what separates the legends from the good lyricists.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2006, 08:14:37 PM »
Wasnt "Lifestyles of the poor and dangerous" an LP?.....ANd also his posthomous release which was produced by Premo IMO was a 4 and a half mic album, better than reasonable doubt or ready 2 die but i doubt many people will agree with that......

The Maestro

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2006, 08:34:08 PM »
Big L never released an album. Not a real one, which is were artist become artist. Any artist on a mixtape is not as good as them on an album. Who's to say Big L doesn't become Lloyd Banks, but I think he was well on his way to becoming the largest eastcoast artist since Rakim. His career hadn't started yet, he was not in his prime, and even though Biggie died too early, he was able to showcase his whole self. His verses on mixtapes, and his features were not as good either. If he died shortly after Party and Bullshit, his on no ones top 10, or even top 50. That's were Big L left off. He died after his Party and Bullshit era, and was on his way to getting a deal and releasing his Ready to Die. Who's to say he wouldn't make an Illmatic, or a Paid in Full in his debut. After all, you save the best for your debut.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2006, 08:38:32 PM »
^What???Lifestyles Of Da Poor & Dangerous is a real album.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2006, 08:38:56 PM »
Wasnt "Lifestyles of the poor and dangerous" an LP?.....ANd also his posthomous release which was produced by Premo IMO was a 4 and a half mic album, better than reasonable doubt or ready 2 die but i doubt many people will agree with that......

ready 2 die was better than the big picture, but the big picture is a solid album.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2006, 08:58:05 PM »
Now here's a question. Who was better, Big L or Lord Finesse?
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2006, 09:23:44 PM »
lord finesse taught a lot to big L, but big L is the best emcee, but you can easily the influence lord finesse had on big L. Lord finesse is more complete though, dude can produce dope tracks, he is my favorite producer in the ditc