Author Topic: New Orleans - tale of 2 cities?  (Read 167 times)

51 cent

• 'G'
New Orleans - tale of 2 cities?
« on: June 20, 2006, 07:23:15 AM »
I'm trying to get down to NOLA sometime soon (any recs?) and have been doing some research online - found this article from the NY Times a few days ago that talks about how it's basically become two cities - the tourist areas that have been cleaned up so that people can start visiting again, and then the rest of the city that is still awaiting rebuilding. 

Here is the link (need subscription to read, but the gist is above): http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F70B1FFC3E550C7B8CDDAF0894DE404482

What do you guys think of what's going on down there? 
"Aight, new drink..."

J Bananas

Re: New Orleans - tale of 2 cities?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 02:12:41 PM »
well yeah i can imagine it being really divided, the towns gotta make money to fix the residential areas so i'd imagine theyd be scrambling to make the historic places decent enough to bring tourist dollars. im pretty interested in whats goin on with the city too, im heading out there in october for halloween, i just hope theres still gonna be fat ass parties

51 cent

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 07:09:03 AM »
Are you going down around Halloween?  They have this Voodoo Music Festival around that time that is supposed to be pretty cool - the home page for the festival is: http://www.voodoomusicfest.com/2006/home.php

"Aight, new drink..."

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 05:43:42 PM »
i was considering goin to it. i wanna check the lineup first

51 cent

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 09:06:10 AM »
Check the link I posted before - line up is on there as of now, looks pretty tight, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Duran Duran seem to be headlining.
"Aight, new drink..."