Author Topic: Yo A Question for all in here...say wat ya think  (Read 144 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Yo A Question for all in here...say wat ya think
« on: January 27, 2002, 09:32:28 AM »
yo first off all..........if ya pist in this topic.......lets have no stupid internet beef startin over nuttin okay......cuz this just a question with everyone having their own opinions.

well basically the question is u gotta be good lookin or different to sell units these days?

like ya think eminem wud sell as much looking like bubba sparks or being black? i mean his lyrics would still be the same......very sharp but being white n good looking apparently to alot of gurls......aklot of bitches go out n buy his shit 2 ya know? while u wont ever see a white gurl go buy a snoop album down these parts n shit.......cuz the nigga black n shit. what ya think?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jome

Re: Yo A Question for all in here...say wat ya thi
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2002, 09:37:05 AM »
It's a little unclear what your point is. Rappers needn't be good-looking to sell a record. Not that I'm judging rappers by looks or anything, but it's the music that sells. While teen-poppers might buy Britney for the looks, I think MOST rap-fans is smarter than that.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2002, 09:48:07 AM »
It's a little unclear what your point is. Rappers needn't be good-looking to sell a record. Not that I'm judging rappers by looks or anything, but it's the music that sells. While teen-poppers might buy Britney for the looks, I think MOST rap-fans is smarter than that.

what i mean is, like i know hip hop heads are smart n shit but what i mean to sell more than the usual units or to go real deep platinum, u think looks got sumthin to do with it? i aint sayin eminem dont deserve what his done cuz like im a huge fan n i think its abit unfair to single him out....but what i mean is like u think he sells so much cuz alot of white gurls who aint usually into hip hop buy his shit when they wouldnt usually buy any hip hop shit. i know that happens down here dawg, just wonderin what its like down your areas n ya opinion on it?

Jome

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2002, 10:02:03 AM »
Alot of the pop-heads will not buy a rap-cd until they heard it on the radio. No Britney-fan gon say "Hey yo, peep that latest MOP, they grimey as fuck", but if they hear "Cold as Ice" on the radio, they might say "Hey dude, that chorus is pretty dope, let's go get it". But I don't think that if M.O.P had the outlook of Usher or another "Loverboy" and continued with the same music, I dont reckon they'd sell a unit more. It's all 'bout the music, I think only stupid listeners are gonna buy a CD because of the looks of the artist.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2002, 10:43:45 AM »
Tray Deee is ugly as hell and I bought both Eastsidaz albums and think he's dope so I could care less how he looks.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

lee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2002, 10:53:42 AM »
i see what he means ... people were i used to work nick-named me snoop for about a month and thought it was hilarous when they seen a snoop cd sticking out of my bag going home one night .. but they think its fine to like eminem .. they are all girls aged between 16 - 22 and they all nearly had mmlp .. but no other hip hop stuff .. some didn't even know who snoop or notorious BIG was ...  they were all into westlife and robbie willaims ..
so to answer your questions .. yes, i think eminem would'nt have sold so much if he was uglyer.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2002, 11:08:15 AM »
i actually think he'd sell more if he was black, becuase theres ALOT of people who wouldn't give him the time of day based upon his race, seriously if his music was the same and he was black i don't think i'd matter much to casual fans, ja rule sells and white chicks still buy his shit, jay-z is black and a grip of white girls buy his shit...eminem would sell regardless, he's got dope lyrics and dre behind him...that ALWAYS equals success

but in some cases dudes get off from their looks

just look at all those boy bands....i mean damn before you had to have a pretty face and a catchy song....but fuck now all you need is a pretty face

c'mon....O-TOWN??

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09