Author Topic: What did you guys think of the Dre-produced "Nightmares" ?  (Read 1355 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What did you guys think of the Dre-produced "Nightmares" ?
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2006, 12:30:43 AM »
i dont like it

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2006, 03:15:13 AM »

Someone is getting butt hurt. I think the problem is that you hate 50  :-X

why do you say that everytime someone doesn't like a 50 cent song? maybe they just don't like the song. not everyone is against your hero.

Not you again. You are the least objective person to comment to this, since we all know what youre feelings are towards Game. Once again, Jome proved what a Game groupie you are so no need to talk with you.

I was saying that to Jrome becuase he always has his bullshit theorys how 50 Cent is fucking up his whole roster, Dre and everybodys mama. Thats it.

And btw 50 aint even in my top 5. This forum hates him so much though becuase of the beef with Game, someone just has to be here and prove that he is an idiot but way more talented then Game. My karma dropped like a motherfucker when I started doing that which just proves me right about what I said earlier.  :P

Eihtball

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2006, 05:56:41 AM »
^^^^^ Exactly what I'm saying.  And I'm willing to bet that 99% of the 50 Cent haters/Game dickriders on this board bought or downloaded "Get Rich Or Die Tryin" when it first came out and were actually feeling it.  Shit, I'm willing to bet most of them were bumping G-Unit records regularly before 50 started beefing with Game.

This is, of course, a perfect example of why hip-hop fans tend to be followers and not leaders.

Trauma-san

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2006, 06:39:05 AM »
Not impressed.  It's a good beat, but not a Dre quality beat.  I doubt he cares about that, though, he's just trying different stuff now. 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2006, 10:39:04 AM »

Someone is getting butt hurt. I think the problem is that you hate 50  :-X

why do you say that everytime someone doesn't like a 50 cent song? maybe they just don't like the song. not everyone is against your hero.

Not you again. You are the least objective person to comment to this, since we all know what youre feelings are towards Game. Once again, Jome proved what a Game groupie you are so no need to talk with you.

I was saying that to Jrome becuase he always has his bullshit theorys how 50 Cent is fucking up his whole roster, Dre and everybodys mama. Thats it.

I'm astonished that there are some people on here that were so apalled about my statement saying that 50 might have something to do with Dre's beats not ending up on Mobb Deep's album.  Again, it's not like I pulled that outta my ass - Hav said in SCRATCH MAGAZINE they were given 2 beats by DRE, neither of which made it's way onto Blood Money:  One ended up on the re-issue of Massacre, the other ended up on a G-Unit mixtape.  Maybe 50 had nothing to do with that, maybe he did.  I have no idea, but it is one of many reasonable deductions one can derive - which is what makes it a THEORY. 

^^^^^ Exactly what I'm saying. And I'm willing to bet that 99% of the 50 Cent haters/Game dickriders on this board bought or downloaded "Get Rich Or Die Tryin" when it first came out and were actually feeling it. Shit, I'm willing to bet most of them were bumping G-Unit records regularly before 50 started beefing with Game.

This is, of course, a perfect example of why hip-hop fans tend to be followers and not leaders.

Not saying you were addressing me, but I've been called a 50 "hater" numerous times by you.  In my case, that's a bigtime misnomer - a hater would constitute someone who ignorantly hates something with no basis.  So you can continue to throw that word around at me, but it has no basis.    My opinion is based squarely on my own opinions about his post-GRODT music.  I think it's wack, sans a couple tracks - that doesn't make me a hater.  I def thought Candy Shop and Just A Lil Bit were extremely corny songs.  After hearing that bullshit, I had ZERO intention of purchasing the Massacre.  I thought OCR was really dope, but def not enough to make me drop $15 on the CD.  So what's the problem with holding an artist accountable for the singles they release?  Not liking songs doesn't constitute being a hater.

I thought GRODT was a good album, that got numerous spins by me for a long time.  In fact, there are some dope songs on there that I'll still proudly bump today (I still think "Many Men" is dope as hell).  I've never purchased anything with Game's name on it - I didn't like him as a rapper, i thought he was pretty average (when Documentary dropped).  However, after hearing his mixtapes and hearing some real skill, dope flow, and presence on the mic has slowly got me to the point that i'll check for his verses.  I'd be a lot more interested in him if he'd leave this retarded beef alone.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2006, 10:54:43 AM »
Jrome if you are judging the albums by their singles thats just plain stupid.

So that means youre also not interested in the Big Bang becuase of the wack ass I Love My Bitch single, which is basically Candy Shop part 2 ?

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2006, 11:00:57 AM »
I'm astonished that there are some people on here that were so apalled about my statement saying that 50 might have something to do with Dre's beats not ending up on Mobb Deep's album.  Again, it's not like I pulled that outta my ass - Hav said in SCRATCH MAGAZINE they were given 2 beats by DRE, neither of which made it's way onto Blood Money:  One ended up on the re-issue of Massacre, the other ended up on a G-Unit mixtape.  Maybe 50 had nothing to do with that, maybe he did.  I have no idea, but it is one of many reasonable deductions one can derive - which is what makes it a THEORY.

That can't be true because I'm sure 50 said himself that the Outta Control Remiix was given to him before The Massacre was released, he wasn't feeling it but listened to it again at a later date and changed his mind.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2006, 11:31:43 AM »
Ive been bumping Gunz Come Out today and I must say this track is great. I was wrong when I said beat wise Nightmares is better than Gunz Come out( perhaps becuase it aint cdq though). This Nightmares beat sounded great at first but got really dull soon. But I will wait for CDQ for my final opinion.

Gunz Come Out is a great song. And people say 50 doesnt sound good over Dre beats. He ripped this one.

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2006, 11:43:52 AM »
nah i aint diggin it, at first listen i thought it was different then it sounded repetitive with no depth, i cant believe dre did this, this could of at least made the album lol

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2006, 04:16:34 PM »

So that means youre also not interested in the Big Bang because of the wack ass I Love My Bitch single, which is basically Candy Shop part 2 ?

LMFAO! Singles absolutely influence me.  They def aren't the sole factor, but they do play a part.  How old are you anyway?  I'm guessing your a youngin because you've been conditioned to think it's the norm to release over the top bullshit pop singles and not hold the artist accountable.

Believe it or not, there was a time when hip hop artists refused to compromise and pander to the degree that they do nowadays.  I know, with today's music state it's really hard to believe.  It's really sad to see so called "hip hop" fans accept this.  Always saying shit like "well, he only released this song to get the ladies" or "yeah, this formula is really played out, but it will get him lots of spins on Clear Channel radio so it's all gravy".  What the fuck are you, a cracker ass music exec or a true music fan?  Plus, I'm always hearing you labeling different songs you hear:  Club Banger, Street Anthem, Song for the Ladies...do you know where these phrases come from?  They come from dipshit record execs who know dick about music and know everything about marketing schemes to exploit the ignorant masses (aka YOU). 

As far as Busta's album, I haven't purchased it.  Doesn't mean i'm not interested in it, it just means that i haven't financially supported it.  But I've only ever purchased 1 Busta album anyway.  I still think he's an incredibly talented dude, but I haven't thoroughly bumped his shit since Leaders of the New School.  Plus, it's more like "Busta Rhymes and Friends present THE BIG BANG".  It has soooo many guests that it really dilutes it for me.  Not saying that there aren't dope appearances - I'm a Q-Tip fan (actually i've never really liked anything he did as far as his solo career), Nas, ODB, Stevie Wonder, etc.  But it's not really a trend that I'm gonna financially support.  I don't mind occasional cameos or posse cuts, but a lot of rappers today fill up 2/3 of their albums with shitloads of random guests and as many different producers as there are songs.  It's PLAYED OUT and doesn't incline me to purchase it.

I'm astonished that there are some people on here that were so apalled about my statement saying that 50 might have something to do with Dre's beats not ending up on Mobb Deep's album. Again, it's not like I pulled that outta my ass - Hav said in SCRATCH MAGAZINE they were given 2 beats by DRE, neither of which made it's way onto Blood Money: One ended up on the re-issue of Massacre, the other ended up on a G-Unit mixtape. Maybe 50 had nothing to do with that, maybe he did. I have no idea, but it is one of many reasonable deductions one can derive - which is what makes it a THEORY.

That can't be true because I'm sure 50 said himself that the Outta Control Remiix was given to him before The Massacre was released, he wasn't feeling it but listened to it again at a later date and changed his mind.

It may be completely inaccurate, but my statement is based on Hav's own words.  So be mad at him.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2006, 04:29:14 PM »

So that means youre also not interested in the Big Bang because of the wack ass I Love My Bitch single, which is basically Candy Shop part 2 ?

LMFAO! Singles absolutely influence me.  They def aren't the sole factor, but they do play a part.  How old are you anyway?  I'm guessing your a youngin because you've been conditioned to think it's the norm to release over the top bullshit pop singles and not hold the artist accountable.

Believe it or not, there was a time when hip hop artists refused to compromise and pander to the degree that they do nowadays.  I know, with today's music state it's really hard to believe.  It's really sad to see so called "hip hop" fans accept this.  Always saying shit like "well, he only released this song to get the ladies" or "yeah, this formula is really played out, but it will get him lots of spins on Clear Channel radio so it's all gravy".  What the fuck are you, a cracker ass music exec or a true music fan?  Plus, I'm always hearing you labeling different songs you hear:  Club Banger, Street Anthem, Song for the Ladies...do you know where these phrases come from?  They come from dipshit record execs who know dick about music and know everything about marketing schemes to exploit the ignorant masses (aka YOU). 

As far as Busta's album, I haven't purchased it.  Doesn't mean i'm not interested in it, it just means that i haven't financially supported it.  But I've only ever purchased 1 Busta album anyway.  I still think he's an incredibly talented dude, but I haven't thoroughly bumped his shit since Leaders of the New School.  Plus, it's more like "Busta Rhymes and Friends present THE BIG BANG".  It has soooo many guests that it really dilutes it for me.  Not saying that there aren't dope appearances - I'm a Q-Tip fan (actually i've never really liked anything he did as far as his solo career), Nas, ODB, Stevie Wonder, etc.  But it's not really a trend that I'm gonna financially support.  I don't mind occasional cameos or posse cuts, but a lot of rappers today fill up 2/3 of their albums with shitloads of random guests and as many different producers as there are songs.  It's PLAYED OUT and doesn't incline me to purchase it.

I'm astonished that there are some people on here that were so apalled about my statement saying that 50 might have something to do with Dre's beats not ending up on Mobb Deep's album. Again, it's not like I pulled that outta my ass - Hav said in SCRATCH MAGAZINE they were given 2 beats by DRE, neither of which made it's way onto Blood Money: One ended up on the re-issue of Massacre, the other ended up on a G-Unit mixtape. Maybe 50 had nothing to do with that, maybe he did. I have no idea, but it is one of many reasonable deductions one can derive - which is what makes it a THEORY.

It may be completely inaccurate, but my statement is based on Hav's own words.  So be mad at him.

Well, thats the state the music is in nowadays. Do I like it ? No. But it aint gonna change for a while. So as long as you wont accept it, youre gonna be bitter about everything like you are now.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2006, 04:50:23 PM »

Well, thats the state the music is in nowadays. Do I like it ? No. But it aint gonna change for a while. So as long as you wont accept it, youre gonna be bitter about everything like you are now.

WOW.  What kind of idiot happily supports ideals that he doesn't agree with?  Actually, save the ounce of credibility you have left and don't reply.

Eihtball

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2006, 05:39:11 PM »
Not saying you were addressing me, but I've been called a 50 "hater" numerous times by you.  In my case, that's a bigtime misnomer - a hater would constitute someone who ignorantly hates something with no basis.  So you can continue to throw that word around at me, but it has no basis.    My opinion is based squarely on my own opinions about his post-GRODT music.  I think it's wack, sans a couple tracks - that doesn't make me a hater.  I def thought Candy Shop and Just A Lil Bit were extremely corny songs.  After hearing that bullshit, I had ZERO intention of purchasing the Massacre.  I thought OCR was really dope, but def not enough to make me drop $15 on the CD.  So what's the problem with holding an artist accountable for the singles they release?  Not liking songs doesn't constitute being a hater.

That's your definition of a hater.  Not that I'm saying you are a hater, but you do have a certain type of bias, and I think you know it as well as I do.

Jrome, how old are YOU?  You've never struck me as being all that old or wise yourself...certainly, the way you talk, you weren't a child of the Golden Age like I was.

What do you mean, there was a time when hip-hop heads used to criticize artists for releasing songs "for the ladies"?  When LL Cool J put out "I Need Love", cats were still respecting him cause he battled with Kool Moe Dee and Ice-T and showed he was a vicious battle rapper.  And when Biggie put out "Big Poppa", wasn't anybody calling him a "sellout".  Songs for the clubs, for the ladies, whatever...that shit has ALWAYS been a part of hip-hop.  And why wouldn't they make songs like that?  You think rappers only started doing it because Mr. Jewish Label Exec said so, and not cause they really just like fucking hotties (like everyone else who's hetero)?  If you can market yourself to women, then why the fuck not?  Get more money, get more pussy...sounds good to me.

I've always thought the whole concern with "real" vs. "fake" emerged was when Vanilla Ice came out - and then it was mostly just the white suburban kids getting upset because they realized they had supported an artist who didn't have the "streets'" seal of approval.  99% of the time when a rapper gets criticized for being "fake" or "soft" or whatever, it's because the white kids are trying to fit in and they think that criticizing mainstream artists lets them do just that.  50 Cent is just the latest rapper to get hit by this trend - as soon as the newest, uber-gangsta rapper comes along who criticizes him (Game), the white kids are quick to jump on the latest gangsta nigga's dick because if he's perceived as street-credible, they think they've got street cred themselves.

So please, don't talk about an era which you obviously never experienced yourself.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 06:04:57 PM by 2 Muh'phuccin Xtra 4 Cali »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2006, 05:48:05 PM »

I thought GRODT was a good album, that got numerous spins by me for a long time.  In fact, there are some dope songs on there that I'll still proudly bump today (I still think "Many Men" is dope as hell).  I've never purchased anything with Game's name on it - I didn't like him as a rapper, i thought he was pretty average (when Documentary dropped).  However, after hearing his mixtapes and hearing some real skill, dope flow, and presence on the mic has slowly got me to the point that i'll check for his verses.  I'd be a lot more interested in him if he'd leave this retarded beef alone.

That's your definition of a hater. Not that I'm saying you are a hater, but you do have a certain type of bias, and I think you know it as well as I do.

What is your definition of a hater?  And i'll admit I have a bias against wack music.  Is that what you're referring to? 

Eihtball

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2006, 05:58:19 PM »
What is your definition of a hater?  And i'll admit I have a bias against wack music.  Is that what you're referring to? 

Hater = Anyone who has a certain negative bias against an artist.  You may not absolutely hate 50, but you are inclined to be more critical of him than of rappers who do the same shit he does (but aren't as successful at it).

Like the fact that 50's music may not be "Illmatic" or "Doggystyle" quality, but anyone with common sense (i.e. the music journalists who review his albums) knows that he still does thug-pop shit better than 90% of the rappers out there.  Which is how he got to be on top in the first place.