Author Topic: What Made You Start Listenin to Hip Hop?  (Read 826 times)

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: What Made You Start Listenin to Hip Hop?
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2007, 06:52:51 PM »
peer pressure  :) nah everyone in my family listens to hip hop my cousins my brother my friends. just naturaly. rock on the other hand, i started listening to that after i got tired of hearing ja rule and ashanties corny asses on the radio  like 100 times every hour. so i guess i can thank him now cause after i got into rock i got into all sorts of music. (i have like 12 bob dylan cds)

outguerra

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2007, 08:16:30 PM »
Theres something else to listen 2 ?????????

papa-smurf

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2007, 08:39:01 PM »
i always liked rap because it was based on reality,But the first 2 albums i bought was Eazy-e's its on lp with real comton city g's on it and doggystyle was th eother one,But i grew up on rap

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2007, 11:02:06 PM »
My brother who would bump "The Chronic" consistently. 

i still remember those words "this is dedicated to my niggas that was down since day one, welcome to death row"
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2007, 11:41:16 PM »
LOL, wow everyone got introduced to hip hop via The Westcoast.  Thats crazy.  When I got into hip hop, there was basiclly New York and thats it.  The West came much later.. like in High School.

For me, I grew up during the break dancing days.  I remember standing in line to go see Beat Street at the theaters.  But even then it was alot about dancing.  I was more into the dance aspect of it all until one very momentous album dropped that changed it all for me:

BDP - By All Means Necessary

If Im not mistaken, this was the first rap album to have a picture of a gun on the cover.  I remember hitting that rewind button over and over until I nailed the lyrics to My Philosophy and Part Time Suckas.  This is what started it all.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2007, 11:51:12 PM »
I dont really remember what got me listening to Rap music, but i guess that I was there when Rap was Born . as a young kid I used to watch my cousin dancing to BBD, and Salt N Pepa, but yeah dont really remember,

ecrazy

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2007, 11:55:16 PM »
I listened to whatever my brothers and sister listened to, but my self discovery of hip hop I liked was when i got my own first tape of Souls of Mischief 93 til infinity and the tape single of masta ace's INC Ride. this was around 3rd/4th grade.

Raphael

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2007, 06:00:17 AM »
i used to listen to eminem and outkast but i wasn't really into hiphop but when i saw straight outta compton on tv i was like  :o ..."crazy motherfucka named icecube" that line was stuck in my head a long time 8)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2007, 06:08:14 AM »
Wyclef Jean the carnival, i was 16. The only hip hop id heard till then was what was played on uk radio which was very little back then, but that was the album that got me hooked. I basically threw away the cds i was listening too Oasis, Radiohead, Kula Shakur, Space, Stereophonics and started my hip hop collection which is now 700 albums plus.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2007, 06:18:27 AM »
Was into all types of music when I was younger, only rap I ever listened to was the shit that played on the radio, like Hammer, Young MC, Tone Loc, Run, Beastie Boys......the song that got me was Tony Toni Tone's 'It Feels Good'.....and then there was the golden era of the early 90's..... 8)

Noreaga57

• Lil Geezy
  • N.o.r.e.
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2007, 09:21:19 AM »
Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) :) a friend of mine bought the cd and brought it to a party and we bumped it all evening :) after that i started to listen to rap and the west coast sound is my favorite type of rap but Nore is my favorite rapper
The invincible, untouchable, CNN

SouthernG

• 'G'
  • Realest ni66a to eva touch a mic !!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2007, 09:34:49 AM »
I listened to whatever my brothers and sister listened to, but my self discovery of hip hop I liked was when i got my own first tape of Souls of Mischief 93 til infinity and the tape single of masta ace's INC Ride. this was around 3rd/4th grade.
  DAMN my nigg gotta give u props on this 1, that was the shit back in the day,i played the plastic off that tape, lol good shit man !!!!
Fuck You  !!!!!!!!!!!

XaNdEr

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2007, 09:36:44 AM »
basically chronic 2001  8)

after that marshall matters lp and then it just spread into lots of other cats and albums  8)

S.J

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2007, 10:09:19 AM »
Coolio - Gangstas Paradise got me into Hip Hop when I was 15, after that song I started listening to it, Skee Lo - I Wish, Luniz - I got 5 On It and 2Pac - California Love came out around that time as well. I listened to a bit before but I wasnt into then.
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

smp4life

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2007, 10:10:22 AM »
Fat boys in the 8th grade. Brrr.. stick'em! After that I moved to cali and me and another dude that played sax in band (I'm a drummer) would trade mixed cassettes (kurtis blow, dougie fresh, slick rick, run dmc, etc...). After that nwa, pe, LL, etc...

I'm 35 now and still listenin.