Author Topic: What Made You Start Listenin to Hip Hop?  (Read 823 times)

east bay funk

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: What Made You Start Listenin to Hip Hop?
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2007, 12:05:06 PM »
Probably my sisters cause they were listening to Tribe Called Quest and DE La Soul... But then i bought Too Shorts  cassette single The Ghetto from the wherehouse and that really got the ball rolling for me.

PLANT

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2007, 12:08:37 PM »
Of coarse as a kid I listend to Kriss Kross and MC Hammer, but the first time I heard Doggystyle I was hooked.  After that, It was Wu-Tang and Biggie and then moved on to artists like Nas and Outkast.  I also remember getting down to songs like "Motown Philly" by Boys to Men at an early age.  Bel Biv Devoe and Another Bad Creation were dope too...Anyone remember the songs "Ieshia" or "Playground" by ABC?  those tracks were the shit!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 12:10:46 PM by Vinnie "THE MICROWAVE" Johnson »

We Fly High

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2007, 12:10:06 PM »
uhm.. id say around 3rd grade.. with doggystyle/chronic/ and black sunday (cypress hill)... as my first few albums...

c-dogg

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2007, 08:00:25 PM »
I got into hip hop at a really early age. When i was six i had Nwa banging in my room! When  the chronic came out i was totally hooked! I love the fact that i grew up during the peak of hip hop!!!

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2007, 08:10:05 PM »
when i found a copy of machivelli 7 day theory in the parking lot of northlake mall. i thought it was cool. then years latter i found out 2pac was a pussy. and stopped liserning to him. then rock music got lame real quick and started listening to rap exclusively

~Lucien~

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2007, 08:13:08 PM »
ice-t's cop killer and dre & snoop's deep cover...  :)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2007, 09:08:17 PM »
Was dablling in both rock and rap since like 98, then in 01 it was strictly Hip-Hop cuz Rock did get lame...  Did my homework and been a head ever since.

everlast1986

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2007, 10:01:03 PM »
My parents used to bump Tone Loc, Run DMC, The Beastie Boys, and Heavy D  but other than that mostly rock and country on the tape deck when i was little. I got deep into rap at around '98 when i saw Puff Daddy's "All About The Benjamins" video on mtv. Right now i listen to just about anything but mostly hip hop and classic rock.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2007, 11:46:35 PM »
i dont even know, hip hop was prolly the first type of "music" i listined to, prolly tupac, bone thugs n harmony,

BulgarianRapper

• Lil Geezy
  • Бира.
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2007, 01:50:08 AM »
Hm.. I just heard The Next Episode & that was all. Now I'm writing lyrics & rapping, making beatbox... I started makin instrumentals...

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2007, 05:04:39 AM »
2Pacs All Eyez On Me.. I remember it.. I had this on tape. California Love with Roger Troutman was a banger at that time

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

Kool G Funk

• Lil Geezy
  • i love donuts
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2007, 05:24:18 AM »
3,5 years ago I heard Still Dre. I was listening it all summer vacation long, only ONE track ;) I didn't even know what they was rappin about :D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 05:58:35 AM by Kool G Funk »

XaNdEr

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2007, 09:59:55 AM »
I got into hip hop at a really early age. When i was six i had Nwa banging in my room! When  the chronic came out i was totally hooked! I love the fact that i grew up during the peak of hip hop!!!

the peak of hiphop? what u mean by that? judging from the sales, last years havent really been bad either, 2k6 was low on sales, but the years before lots of albums gone platinum too...peak of hiphop is kinda wide, peak of originality and music? yes then its true

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2007, 05:29:23 PM »
good thread. Nice to see how different people got into rap. For me it was a couple of years ago. A friend played me MC Ren-Ruthless For life
 Got hooked on that song and it went from there. I got into NWA then real into Dr Dre which got me into Death Row, Aftermath which got me signing up to the aftermath fourum and from there i got a link to dubcc joined up and really got into some west coast music 8) 

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2007, 06:11:32 PM »
mc hammer