Author Topic: What Made You Start Listenin to Hip Hop?  (Read 825 times)

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
Re: What Made You Start Listenin to Hip Hop?
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2007, 09:39:32 AM »
The Chronic and Shorty the Pimp!   8)

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2007, 10:38:37 AM »
Eminem and "Without Me" -> Then I started 2 listenin' Snoop D.O. Double G... ;D

XaNdEr

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2007, 11:38:51 AM »
thats not long time ago sosna, maybe like 4 years or something, what music you liked before that?

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2007, 11:54:25 AM »
Rap was first music I really heard. Before that I wasn't interested music, man (lol)... Maybe some oldschool shit from 80s, but not hip-hop.

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2007, 12:07:04 PM »
Man, some of you make me feel old lol.

I got introduced to it by my cuz.  He was really into disco (we're talking mid-late 70's).  Alot of the early hip hop records back then were very disco oriented.  He was copping alot of Sugarhill stuff.  I  was only 3 or 4 back then, but I knew that I liked it.

I remember hearing "Planet Rock" on the radio when it was new.

I didn't really get into it until I bought my first record back in 85/86.  T La Rock and Jazzy Jay's "It's Yours".  On Partytime Records.  Partytime eventually would become some label known as Def Jam.

I found myself returning back to the same record store on a weekly basis to pick up more jams.  I was a regular customer at this spot  from the mid to late 80's up until the early 90's. 
"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad
put her up on craigs list"

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2007, 12:42:59 PM »
I remember listening to my brothers and and his friends records with them and watching Yo! MTV Raps when I was like 7 or 8. I liked Snoops and Dres stuff back then (well, the singles mostly back then. G Thang, What's My Name...). Rock was more my thing until my 13th or 14th year though, but I was really drawn into it in the late 90's again. Again, through my brothers records, both newer and older. Dre, Nas, Biggie, Pac... I understood the lyrics better, the rhyming appealed to me more than before, the stories spoke to me more... Plus, I discovered old school soul and R&B through Hip-Hop later too.

Still on that road.