Author Topic: Lloyd banks: 8 min of death(game diss)  (Read 1168 times)

rik

Re: Lloyd banks: 8 min of death(game diss)
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2006, 12:14:42 PM »
This shit is pretty wack. I gave it a couple of listens to see it grows on me and it didn't. And that shit was not off the top of the dome. This was 8 min of boredom. And Jrome spoke the truth just cus it's "freestyle" don't make it better. Any Game diss shits all over this song. The only reason these cats are starting to diss Game is because they got albums coming out. These cats are so predictable. O yea they're like six months late on the dissing nobody cares about this beef anymore.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2006, 12:58:52 PM »
Replay value? I'd never listen to this again. But how much of a dick rider would you have to be to listen to 300 bars again. I listen to piggy bank once and awhile, I listen to stop snitchin still liying and I still liten to Fat Joes diss, not because their good disses, because their pretty good tracks on their own.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2006, 03:32:32 PM »
Replay value? I'd never listen to this again. But how much of a dick rider would you have to be to listen to 300 bars again. I listen to piggy bank once and awhile, I listen to stop snitchin still liying and I still liten to Fat Joes diss, not because their good disses, because their pretty good tracks on their own.

So why does listening to 300 bars again make you a dick rider?  If you read my post you'd see that i'm not at all interested in the beef aspect in hip hop.  It's exactly what you said - I think the track stands on its own.  His flow is very good, and he is actually lyrical.  I think Game rips a lot of those beats MUCH better than the originals. 

westkoastanostra

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2006, 06:20:18 PM »
this is alot better then games disses. this is actually a freestyle, just banks rappin, game took months to write those disses.

i remember a year ago at this time EVERYBODY was bumpin "300 Bars", so who really took longer to respond?

lol @ this is better than games disses.

"120 Bars" > your life

How can you even compare this to Games bars. Game took fucking 4 months to write that diss, its impossible to come out with a bad diss if you take so much time for it.

This is real hip hop, you can see its from the top of his head, you can listen to all 8 mins, great punchlines from Banks.

And lol at people calling me biased, when 3/4 of you havent even listened to the song and already labeled it wack  ::)

u think game was in a studio everyday for 4 months writing that shit? well then i guess banks was writing this shit for like a year........cuz if u really think this shit was from the top of his head u clownin, these are pre written shit freestyles

Game said himself it took him 4 motnhs to write 300 Bars.

yea and with that time he createed a dope ass cut...who cares if it took him that long....banks freestyled..props to him....

Jesus, so now it's not hip hop to write out your lyrics?  I respect the art of freestyling, but its now the trend in hip hop to freestyle all over an album.  The result is getting beat over the head with lame metaphors and punchlines.  And you have these dipshit rappers thinking they're tough and say shit like "I did the whole song in 15 minutes, I don't write my shit down".  Well, congratulations your a lazy bitch when it comes to putting out albums, and you know you can do it cuz these ignorant fans have been convinced that that is where the true skill is.  Well guess what?  I can do a rap song in 15 minutes too.  Anybody can do that. 

Why do people think this is dope?  Shit has VERY low replay value because there's no substance to it.  You hear the song like 3 times, and there's nothing more to learn. 

So Banks diss record is better because apparently spent less time on it?  What the fuck kind of logic is that?  I'm not somebody that gets into beefs at all.  I don't care who people perceive as the winner, or who got "ethered".  But I do know that on 300 bars Games flow and lyrics were better than anything I had heard from him before.  So to me, it was time well spent because the product actually came out good. 

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2006, 05:52:09 AM »
I was hoping Banks would've come off good on this, but honestly, this is wack.

And shit, this whole make-diss-songs-to-get-attention-before-dropping-an-album gimmick, it's so fucked up. Fuck that shit. Only shows you can't get attention otherwise. Get attention by stepping your game up and blazing up the mic - drop some dope verses and really put your rhyme skills out there. That's what fools need to do.

If diss tracks - of quality as poor as this, I might add - are the only thing Banks is trying to get attention with, then he's fucked up already. At least murder somebody with the lyrics if you're going that route dogg, this shit ain't killing shit.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2006, 07:16:25 AM »
I was hoping Banks would've come off good on this, but honestly, this is wack.

And shit, this whole make-diss-songs-to-get-attention-before-dropping-an-album gimmick, it's so fucked up. Fuck that shit. Only shows you can't get attention otherwise. Get attention by stepping your game up and blazing up the mic - drop some dope verses and really put your rhyme skills out there. That's what fools need to do.

Everybody has their own way of promoting their cd. Like "getting shot" like Beanie, dissing the president like Kanye, screaming Gggg-Unit and Dre all the time, getting married for a day like Game, dissing his wife like Eminem... so whats your point ?

If diss tracks - of quality as poor as this, I might add - are the only thing Banks is trying to get attention with, then he's fucked up already. At least murder somebody with the lyrics if you're going that route dogg, this shit ain't killing shit.

How is this a diss track? Its a track thats long 8 minutes and he disses Game in 6 bars

i'm one of the realest niggass that did it,
anything you ever heard me on, i shitted,
i spread the flow to the masses then he bit it,
got a tear drop a ghetto pass and ran with it,
i know a couple niggass that would love to fry his hat,
put a butterfly blade on his butterfly tat"

Thats it. And kill someone lyrically ? That wont happen in this beef. Both sides arent capable of doing that.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 07:23:46 AM by Detox is not not coming... »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2006, 07:23:33 AM »
compared to game banks is more hiphop??? remind me if im wrong but was not games first album shitting all over banks..........did not banks dissapoint on both beg for mercy and hunger for more? game was on some nice shit back then, he didnt dissapoint on the documentary, yes the production was amazing, the best production on a aftermath release in years but while games lyrics wernt amazing, he didnt dissapoint.

banks, 50, buck, game and so on all come out of the same cup within hiphop, however, dont get it twisted, as for now, game >banks........he lived and passed the pressure test, lived up to his hype, banks killed himself with his wack first LP.....lets see if his ready to drop heat this time around

westkoastanostra

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2006, 07:38:52 AM »
compared to game banks is more hiphop??? remind me if im wrong but was not games first album shitting all over banks..........did not banks dissapoint on both beg for mercy and hunger for more? game was on some nice shit back then, he didnt dissapoint on the documentary, yes the production was amazing, the best production on a aftermath release in years but while games lyrics wernt amazing, he didnt dissapoint.

banks, 50, buck, game and so on all come out of the same cup within hiphop, however, dont get it twisted, as for now, game >banks........he lived and passed the pressure test, lived up to his hype, banks killed himself with his wack first LP.....lets see if his ready to drop heat this time around

yup      game>>>>banks....
 game already killed banks...lovin them game haters....the truth hurts

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2006, 10:34:59 AM »
Lyrically Banks album shits on Doc.

Beat wise Doc shits on Banks album.

rik

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2006, 12:01:20 PM »
GUnit lost deal with it.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2006, 02:06:48 PM »

I agree. Game makes good songs but his lyrics are aweful. I even like Banks flow better. But every game fan is in denial including half the people posting here. Who came up on top from this beef? 50. Thats a undeniable fact because its based on facts. Whos had hit singles since the beef? 50. WHos made more money? 50. Which label is industry stronger? 50's. I really don't see how g-unit lost since their the ones still making money. Of course money isn't everything but its unbiased, something alot of you have problems understanding. Game killed g-unit? How how? Oh because its your opinion Game killed them lyrically. Ok good luck with that.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2006, 02:14:34 PM »

I agree. Game makes good songs but his lyrics are aweful. I even like Banks flow better. But every game fan is in denial including half the people posting here. Who came up on top from this beef? 50. Thats a undeniable fact because its based on facts. Whos had hit singles since the beef? 50. WHos made more money? 50. Which label is industry stronger? 50's. I really don't see how g-unit lost since their the ones still making money. Of course money isn't everything but its unbiased, something alot of you have problems understanding. Game killed g-unit? How how? Oh because its your opinion Game killed them lyrically. Ok good luck with that.

Exactly. 50s hype is slowly falling down though but hes still selling crazy. And thats only becuase he fucked himself up by putting out to many projects.

*waits for someone to say Game was the reason for that*

westkoastanostra

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2006, 09:32:56 PM »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2006, 05:47:08 AM »

another stupid statement

and yo brant, get your gunit thog off mang, your opinion on 50/game cannot be taken serious either....

and detox is not coming, your opinions on game are hilarious, its not even hiphop talk, its staright up bullshit......

now before you both come back with some bullshit claiming imma game groupie, nigga pleez, both y'all be on some biased shit, i like both game and 50, but i can see past that and decide what really is crackin........

now for game and banks........

LMAO@Banks album shitting on doc lyrically............huger for more was horrible lyrically, he didnt say shit, the only cats who really felt his shit on their was bitches.........u really stupid enough to believe banks came better lyrically than game?......do u even know anythig about lyrics if you beleive that shit? now im not sayig game came great or anything on his album, but on everythig game came better than banks on his debut, just accept truth! game lyrics on his debut were greater than banks, his delivery/flow was better, his topics were better, he spoke more shit people can remember, his club jams were better.....his whole album as song were 3 times as good as banks.............banks album was garbage, get over it, only album to come out of gunit that was good since grodt was straight outta cashville, that was on some tight shit.........banks album was nuttin but WACK..........all hiphop heads will tell you this.......as for banks second, from what i have heard it sounds promising.......but i wouldnt be suprised if the rest is low budget garbage

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2006, 06:35:53 AM »
Game has a topic ? He never has that. Check any of these remixes, Ridin Dirty for example. Quik and Cham are both talking about something during the whole verse and Game is just naming some stuff again. The whole Doc, except for some cuts,  was the same. He never sticks to one subject on a song.

Games voice is great compared to Banks.

But to say Doc was lyrically better than Hunger For More is just plain stupid. If you like NWA 4 life, Eazy E, Compton, 6 fo Impala, Ggggunit, like_(popular name in the indusrty) than I feel bad for you  :-\