Author Topic: Buying a new car  (Read 354 times)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Buying a new car
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 08:42:09 AM »
Ran across something else, that would be better hopefully
2000 VW Jetta
$6749
87,000 miles <---I'm gonna use that to haggle 'em down hopefully.

this car would be better for me, cuz I'll need a larger car to move to Santa Barbara at the end of the summer, and something I'd feel better driving long distances in.  Still undecided though

jettas are girl cars. and they are also volkswagens so they break a lot. thats a garbage can on wheels.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 01:16:45 PM »
Ran across something else, that would be better hopefully
2000 VW Jetta
$6749
87,000 miles <---I'm gonna use that to haggle 'em down hopefully.

this car would be better for me, cuz I'll need a larger car to move to Santa Barbara at the end of the summer, and something I'd feel better driving long distances in.  Still undecided though

jettas are girl cars. and they are also volkswagens so they break a lot. thats a garbage can on wheels.

My Aunt's had a jetta for 10 years and shes had very few problems with it.  It still runs great and she still drives it 3-4 times a week.  Girl car or not its nice.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 04:54:50 PM »
Jettas are solid cars.  TOTALLY not me but most of yall wouldn't drive the cars I like.

Yeah, good point about jew'n them down, you can do that easy, you don't even have to tell them that's all you have, just say that's all you'll pay.

"I didn't really want a red (black, blue, whatever) car... hmm... I guess it could work (sound indecisive).... I'll tell you what, I'll give you 5000 even for it.  I can go 5"

if they give you any crap, just say "O.K.... well, thanks for your time, if you change your mind give me a call"

and LEAVE

If you jew people down you have to be willing to leave.  Don't ever pay what they're asking, that's what people WANT not what they'll TAKE. 

acgrundy

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 06:03:13 PM »
If you really want it for $5000, bring 5gz cash with you.  Go there, test drive it, ask a bunch of questions.  Pull out the cash right there and tell them you want it for 5gz.  If they try to haggle just say no, I think its worth 5 gz.  If they have had some trouble selling it, or are desparate they will take your offer.  If not, walk away.  Prelude's are so common and easy to find.  Take your time and make sure you get a deal.  What to take adantage at someone else's expense.

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 09:31:16 PM »
Yeah, definately.  Always have the cash to back up whatever you're running your mouth about.  100$ bills would be best, show up with 50 100 dollar bills? Shit they can't turn that down. 

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2006, 12:06:19 AM »
Jettas are solid cars.  TOTALLY not me but most of yall wouldn't drive the cars I like.

Yeah, good point about jew'n them down, you can do that easy, you don't even have to tell them that's all you have, just say that's all you'll pay.

"I didn't really want a red (black, blue, whatever) car... hmm... I guess it could work (sound indecisive).... I'll tell you what, I'll give you 5000 even for it.  I can go 5"

if they give you any crap, just say "O.K.... well, thanks for your time, if you change your mind give me a call"

and LEAVE

If you jew people down you have to be willing to leave.  Don't ever pay what they're asking, that's what people WANT not what they'll TAKE. 

well i met the guy bout the jetta test drove it and told him id only pay 6100 he said hed give it to me for 6 so after I see the prelude ill decide but right now im leaning towards the jetta

-KIDRENEGADE-

siccjay

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2006, 12:20:32 AM »
Yeah, definately.  Always have the cash to back up whatever you're running your mouth about.  100$ bills would be best, show up with 50 100 dollar bills? Shit they can't turn that down. 

Exactly.  This is what you need to do.

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2006, 07:11:03 AM »

Exactly.  This is what you need to do.
also put it directly in their hands wen ur negotiatin....that amount of money in their hand will make them cave!