Author Topic: Latino gangs plotting to kill blacks....  (Read 463 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Latino gangs plotting to kill blacks....
« on: July 04, 2006, 03:41:12 PM »
Someone needs to educate these gangbangers about the importance of diversity....

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-gangs4jul04,0,7027293.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Gang Accused of Conspiring to Kill Blacks
Federal prosecutors allege that members of the Avenues in L.A. plotted to commit violence against African Americans.
By John Spano, Times Staff Writer
July 4, 2006

Jose Cruz is a walking testament to what happens when a member turns against the Avenues street gang.

He has 30 scars from the stab wounds he suffered in one attempt on his life — on his arms, torso and legs. In another attack, he was beaten so severely that he has a visible dent in his skull, according to court papers, "the size and shape of a pistol butt."

ADVERTISEMENTHis street gang goes back five generations in Highland Park, which for Cruz is five miles and several lifetimes from the downtown courtroom where he is scheduled to testify as the star witness for the prosecution in the trial of a group of childhood friends.

Federal prosecutors, who launched their case last week, contend that the Avenues gang between 1994 and 2000 conspired to kill African Americans on their turf.

Men, women and children were harassed, terrorized, assaulted and slain as gang members sought to force black residents out of Latino neighborhoods, prosecutors said.

Authorities are using a federal hate-crime law based on the amendment to the U.S. Constitution that outlawed slavery, and another law created in the civil rights era, to go after four gang members. Barbara Bernstein, deputy chief of the criminal section of the civil rights divisions of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, is part of the prosecution team.

Attorneys for the defendants — Gilbert Saldana, Alejandro Martinez, Fernando Cazares and Porfirio Avila — have asserted that the federal government has no power to involve itself in a common street crime.

Defense attorney Reuven L. Cohen told jurors last week that one of the slayings cited in the charges — the 1999 shooting of Kenneth Wilson — was not a hate crime but "a simple gang killing committed out of boredom."

Cohen said the crimes sprang from the "sad" truth of "a tension that exists between African American gangs and Latino gangs."

The first of three former gang members, each in custody and hoping for leniency, testified Monday. Jesse Diaz, who described himself as a tagger from age 12, told jurors the Avenues decided to fight the "infestation" of blacks in Highland Park with a systematic terror campaign designed to run them out of the neighborhood.

Diaz, who has 10 more years to serve in prison for attempted murder, said the Avenues hated all rival gangs. But the antipathy for blacks was different, he said.

Highland Park became the scene of a game in which Diaz's group of Avenues actually competed with another "clique" to run the most blacks out of Highland Park, he testified.

Two other informants, one serving a long state prison term and the other a deported immigrant, will tell jurors that Saldana shot Wilson repeatedly in 1999, explaining that Saldana had just acquired a gun and "wanted to test it out."

One told the FBI in interviews that the gang got an order in 1998 from the Mexican Mafia prison gang to "kill any blacks … on sight."

Rick Ortiz, a Los Angeles police spokesman, called the Avenues a "bully" gang that uses its large numbers to intimidate.

"The Avenues have been around for a long time," Ortiz said. "They are the largest gang in the northeast area, with over 500 documented, active members."

Although gang members have for years been subject to a court order that limits their activities, they remain active, authorities said. Their racial antipathy is an outgrowth of prison culture, in which rival street gang members band together by race and then bring those attitudes back to the streets, Ortiz said.

"When you have gang members standing out on the street corners, they intimidate people," he said. "They may commit a minor offense, like vandalism, but people are so afraid of them they won't call in. It diminishes the quality of life in the community."

Heinrich Keifer, president of the Historic Highland Park Neighborhood Council, said racial violence by gang members is not currently a problem in the area.

"Our biggest problem is not so much gangs, although some members of the community are intimidated. It's more the taggers," Keifer said. "They create that feeling that the community is destroyed. The gangs aren't ruling the turf. They're not necessarily muscling people out. There was some of that in the past.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Latino gangs plotting to kill blacks....
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 03:46:53 PM »
Someone needs to educate these gangbangers about the importance of diversity....

:D

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 03:48:37 PM »
Black and Latino gangsters have been going at it now for about 20-40 years now. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 06:08:17 PM »
both sides said it ain't a hate gang war, it's a drug gang war. It's all about money, and it's all about getting crazy little white kids like you to spend that money on drugs. It's a world you'll never understand.

Sparegeez

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 08:20:35 PM »
You wouldn't either you pink wearing faggot. Yea but it's all about drugs. Watch American Me or better yet come to the streets of Cali.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 08:26:18 PM »
You wouldn't either you pink wearing faggot. Yea but it's all about drugs. Watch American Me or better yet come to the streets of Cali.

Why you gotta try and kill me?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sparegeez

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 08:37:43 PM »
lol, WTF are you talkin about?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 10:54:15 PM »

I.E. kid, born and raised, in the playgrounds is where I spend most of my days.

Kid, I've been on the streets longer than you've been born. That's why I moved outta San Bernardino, 'cause I am at an age where I wanna raise kids. You can have your streets. I've lost too much to them, I've moved on. And that's real talk. I ain't losing my kids the same way I've lost friends and family.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 10:55:07 PM »
Oh yeah... DIPSET BEYOTCH... WESTCOAST CHAPTER

swangin and bangin

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 12:37:49 AM »

Kid, I've been on the streets longer than you've been born. That's why I moved outta San Bernardino, 'cause I am at an age where I wanna raise kids. You can have your streets. I've lost too much to them, I've moved on. And that's real talk. I ain't losing my kids the same way I've lost friends and family.

is that y u wear pink u fag

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 01:06:21 AM »

AWW U GOT PINK AND PURPLE IN YO SIG U HELLA GAY DAWG!!! U MUST LOVE URSELF SOME COCK FOR HAVIN BOTH THOSE FRUITY ASS COLORS, U MAKE ME SICK

J Bananas

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 01:07:40 AM »
and put a new ho in ur sig, swagger jacker

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 01:20:26 AM »

Who iz you, dogg? First, you say the exact same shit as your mak daddy, Sparegeez, and it wasn't even clever or nuthin. THEN, you steal Nelly Furtado lyrics. THEN, you jacked the whole corny "Cam'pons" thing that Mauzip got on his sig. Now, you jackin' Bananas' girl.

I got more respect for ya boy because at least he's a leader, not a follower. You Jermaine Dupri ass nigga, stop stealin' everybody else's sound. Go spin some Nelly Furtado records in ya sista's room.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

swangin and bangin

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 01:24:00 AM »
who the fuck is banana?
u cant talk shit cuz your on dipsets sack. u got cam rons kids swimmin in yo eyes ery night prolly.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 12:17:51 PM »

That's some real shit.