Author Topic: Ice cube talks about Dre...  (Read 1560 times)

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ice cube talks about Dre...
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 12:40:54 AM »
Rapper/actor ICE CUBE is hoping to complete his FRIDAY movie series by convincing funnyman CHRIS TUCKER to return to the franchise for a fourth film. The former NWA star's trilogy, FRIDAY, NEXT FRIDAY and FRIDAY AFTER NEXT, have become cult hits - but he'll only make a fourth film if RUSH HOUR star Tucker, who starred in the first, returns to play SMOKEY. Cube says, "I've been talking to Chris Tucker and he's showing some interest. "It's just about having a meeting and making sure that he's really comfortable and wants to be a part of it."

this excites me even more than a possible Dre/Cube collabo

suckaa free

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 12:53:46 AM »
this is what cube said on carson daly show last week
dude, on your profile thats the funniest shit ive ever seen. LOL...  fucken rooney, fuckin red card, fuckin ronaldo....

s_dadry

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 03:54:01 AM »
Aren't N.W.A suppossed 2 be reforming for Lil Eazy's album?

The Predator

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 05:47:33 AM »
The D.O.C.'s been coaching Lil Eazy in rhyming.

Heard the D.O.C also been hangin around with Dre too for a while now according to Aftermath artist G.A.G.E

Cubes shouted out lil E on his new lp.

So it's possible that he may get them all on one song, even Ren n Yella would be down.

Nothing confirmed just a strong possibilty.

Chris Tucker aint done a movie in ages. He wanted to have creative control in the next Rush Hour movie but was refused so Jackie Chan is gonna have a new side kick. Like Jackie said Chris should allow that and just star in the film it wouldnt be the same without him.

For the first Friday as he was not a star then and Friday was a low budget flick he got paid just 30,000 dollars apparently.

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 06:12:17 AM »
Pooh wasent involved in the 2 last fridays? next friday i dint like too much but i defintly like after next and the next one should definitly have chris tucker in it if its gonna be the last one.

HOw come he dint sign on for the 2 other ones anyways, anyone know?

he didn't sign on because of the fact that its all about drugs i believe...i remember hearing that he wasn't comfortable with it and didn't want it to be a part of his image

i thought that was tuckers reason...

i thought pooh felt he didn't get enough credit for the original friday.. since "the wash" bombed.. and although cubes sequels didnt live up to the OG he's also done the 2 barbershop movies which were successful

Tha Don Terminigga

• Lil Geezy
  • "The ghetto is a nigga trapp take the cheese!"
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 10:01:11 AM »
Props. Nice Info ;D
"Throw it up, hold it up, guns bust fo' fingers up
Two twisted in the middle with the thumb cuffed" - WC

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 10:23:58 AM »
Great info about that Dre/Cube collabo and that fourth Friday movie.

Props
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 10:34:54 AM »
im not hyped for another friday but a movie with Ice CUbe, Mike Epps and Chris Tucker would be dope!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 10:36:01 AM »
Pooh was involved in the next friday, at the begining you hear him and cube smoking a joint commenting at the credits.

Mygla

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 03:44:15 PM »
Pooh was involved in the next friday, at the begining you hear him and cube smoking a joint commenting at the credits.

I haven't seen it in a while, but i'm 99% certain that it was Cube and Mike Epps...

acgrundy

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 07:01:38 PM »
Pooh wasent involved in the 2 last fridays? next friday i dint like too much but i defintly like after next and the next one should definitly have chris tucker in it if its gonna be the last one.

HOw come he dint sign on for the 2 other ones anyways, anyone know?

he didn't sign on because of the fact that its all about drugs i believe...i remember hearing that he wasn't comfortable with it and didn't want it to be a part of his image

yeah thats what chris tucker said, but I remember reading an ice cube interview where he talked about it, and cube didnt' straight up say it, but he was getting at the real reason being money.

Think about it, it was such a low budget movie and they all probably had no idea how big it would become.  Chris tucker probably signed on contract for hella cheap.  Then the movie ends up being huge, and everyone knows that Smokey straight up made Friday.  But you know cube was makin hella scrill off it cause it was his movie, and he makes a percentage of the total profit.

but yeah dope news to hear cube talk like that about dre and working with chris tucker, and reuniting nwas.  I hope they all happen.