Author Topic: Ice cube talks about Dre...  (Read 1548 times)

The Predator

Ice cube talks about Dre...
« on: July 04, 2006, 05:02:24 PM »
''Rapper ICE CUBE has laughed off reports he's fallen out with former NWA bandmate DR DRE, insisting he would drop everything to work with the in-demand producer. Rumours of a split circulated after a planned collaboration album fell through and Cube made his new CD, LAUGH NOW, CRY LATER, a solo effort. But the rap star states there's no bad blood between the pair; he simply grew tired of waiting for busy Dre to finish other projects and dedicate himself to his album. He says, "If I had waited on Dre, I wouldn't have no songs done now. I couldn't wait. "Dre is like the WIZARD OF OZ - you follow the Yellow Brick Road but you still might not get to him. I've done more hit records without Dre than I have with Dre, but I'd love to work with him. Who wouldn't? He's the man. "If he called me today, I'd be in the studio tomorrow." And Cube secretly hopes the next time he'll be in the studio with Dr Dre will be for a NWA reunion. He adds, "That would have to go through Dre, because if Dre don't do the beats, is it an NWA album? Not really. "So if he ever says he wanna do it, I'll be in the studio."

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ice cube talks about Dre...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 05:04:06 PM »
Cool read! where u find this?
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 05:05:03 PM »
Didn't know they were still planning on doing an album together  ???

~Loyalty Is Everything~

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 05:06:17 PM »

Dont fink they r now that Cube did LNCL, but I think they was plannin on doin it at 1 point!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »
This would be the dopest collab right now. It's bound to happen in the near future....

The Predator

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 05:08:51 PM »
Found it on some random page.

He mentioned another Friday with Smokey :

Rapper/actor ICE CUBE is hoping to complete his FRIDAY movie series by convincing funnyman CHRIS TUCKER to return to the franchise for a fourth film. The former NWA star's trilogy, FRIDAY, NEXT FRIDAY and FRIDAY AFTER NEXT, have become cult hits - but he'll only make a fourth film if RUSH HOUR star Tucker, who starred in the first, returns to play SMOKEY. Cube says, "I've been talking to Chris Tucker and he's showing some interest. "It's just about having a meeting and making sure that he's really comfortable and wants to be a part of it."

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 05:10:18 PM »

Dont fink they r now that Cube did LNCL, but I think they was plannin on doin it at 1 point!

Wait a minute was this around the time when those Cube on Aftermath rumors started circulating?

~Loyalty Is Everything~

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 05:11:31 PM »
^^^Yup^^^

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 06:01:03 PM »
Found it on some random page.

He mentioned another Friday with Smokey :

Rapper/actor ICE CUBE is hoping to complete his FRIDAY movie series by convincing funnyman CHRIS TUCKER to return to the franchise for a fourth film. The former NWA star's trilogy, FRIDAY, NEXT FRIDAY and FRIDAY AFTER NEXT, have become cult hits - but he'll only make a fourth film if RUSH HOUR star Tucker, who starred in the first, returns to play SMOKEY. Cube says, "I've been talking to Chris Tucker and he's showing some interest. "It's just about having a meeting and making sure that he's really comfortable and wants to be a part of it."

:)  :rock:

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 06:48:33 PM »
I think he needs DJ Pooh as much as Chris Tucker.  If all three guys were in the movie, I'd def go see it.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 07:36:20 PM »
i hate the friday movies..lol

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 07:40:53 PM »
I think he needs DJ Pooh as much as Chris Tucker.  If all three guys were in the movie, I'd def go see it.

"Friday after Next" was funny as of fuck.....and DJ Pooh hasn't made shit since the wack as "Wash"

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 09:13:56 PM »
Pooh wasent involved in the 2 last fridays? next friday i dint like too much but i defintly like after next and the next one should definitly have chris tucker in it if its gonna be the last one.

HOw come he dint sign on for the 2 other ones anyways, anyone know?

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 11:44:27 PM »
this is what cube said on carson daly show last week

Don Breezio

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 11:55:54 PM »
Pooh wasent involved in the 2 last fridays? next friday i dint like too much but i defintly like after next and the next one should definitly have chris tucker in it if its gonna be the last one.

HOw come he dint sign on for the 2 other ones anyways, anyone know?

he didn't sign on because of the fact that its all about drugs i believe...i remember hearing that he wasn't comfortable with it and didn't want it to be a part of his image