Author Topic: Goldie Loc, Kam, MC Eiht & Snoop Dogg: The Warzone  (Read 2733 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Goldie Loc, Kam, MC Eiht & Snoop Dogg: The Warzone
« on: July 04, 2006, 05:35:58 PM »
www.dubcnn.com

You read right, a new West Coast supergroup has formed, consisting of Goldie Loc of Tha Eastsidaz, West Coast O.G. Brother Kam, MC Eiht of C.M.W., and Bigg Snoop Dogg himself. The project was brought into life by Snoop, and they have been hitting the studio, working on "The Warzone". We had the chance to catch up briefly with Goldie Loc to talk about it.

He let us know that they're about thirteen songs deep right now. Features on the album include the D.P.G., Ray J, Yo-Yo, Jelly Roll, with production by Goldie Loc himsef, Battlecat, THX & David Banner amongst others.

They are currently working on a deal for the record, we will let you know when it's finalized. Those of you who went to the D.P.G. show at the Roxy's last week saw Goldie Loc on stage performing the classic "G'd Up" with Snoop, so the two have officially back up.

Goldie Loc's partner-n-rhyme Tray Deee is still incarcerated, but they holla at each other regularily and keep in touch. Hopefully one day we'll be able to hear the duo wreck tracks together again.

We will soon have further details on the "Warzone" project for ya'll, for now check out an exclusive drop from Goldie Loc for the dubcnn visitors announcing the project:

Goldie Loc - "The Warzone" dubcnn drop

wardy

Re: Goldie Loc, Kam, MC Eiht & Snoop Dogg: The Warzone
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 05:47:15 PM »
that line up looks dope as fuck

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 06:12:37 PM »
Damn, so good news today! Sounds like a lot of classic stuff droppin next time! But why do they have to search for a record deal, can't Snoope release it over doggystyle?
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 06:20:53 PM »
Damn, so good news today! Sounds like a lot of classic stuff droppin next time! But why do they have to search for a record deal, can't Snoope release it over doggystyle?

maybe he meant Distributor, cuz I dont think DoggyStyle Records has a home

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 06:31:59 PM »
God Damn here we go again. I remember reading that Eiht and Snoop had some stuff cookin up together but with Kam and Goldie? West West y'all!  :o

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 06:44:17 PM »
This is great news.  I was wondering if Snoop was ever going to work with Goldie again.

You think theres still beef with Tray Dee?  Wish Snoop would go head and hire a good ass lawyer to get Tray outta there.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 06:55:08 PM »
Wow.  If this comes to fruition, I'll give Snoop maaad props for doing this.  Hopefully he uses his pull and gets good promotion and all that.  They need to get some G-Dub production on there for sure.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 07:02:23 PM »
I would say that it would be like another DPG ,chuuch album but since Kam is involved I got hopes!!!

westside159

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 07:08:14 PM »
Snoop is the man no matter how much you hate on him he gets shit done and is the only westcoast mc that brings cats together and follow's through on shit Snoop your the King of Cali !!!!!!!!!! 8) 8)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 07:39:06 PM »
This is great news.  I was wondering if Snoop was ever going to work with Goldie again.

You think theres still beef with Tray Dee?  Wish Snoop would go head and hire a good ass lawyer to get Tray outta there.
im sure there is still beef with tray
anyway..lookin forward to that album

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 08:33:15 PM »
This is great, great news 8) Also I'm glad to see Goldie is cool wit both Snoop & Tray Deee.

papa-smurf

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 08:43:27 PM »
thats cool but i wish the group would of been,Crooked i,sly boogy,tray d and snoop,Now thats a westcoast supergroup,mc eight was cool back in the day but his flow is washed,kam is cool,goldie is wack,i mean its a cool westcoast group,but crooked,sly,tray d and snoop would of made the westcoast look way better

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 08:48:31 PM »
I like the Idea since they are all different, Kam always say stuff that makes u think, Goldie Loc has a dope flow, Snoop Dogg well is getting back to is Roots and MC Eiht well... ???...but anyway...Its probably going to be a project on Koch , I dont see who could be interested of putting money in this group

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 08:55:02 PM »
Goldie Loc has a dope flow

Cant forget about his production skills.  It'll be nice to hear Snoop over Goldie beats again.  Remember Lifestyles Of A Gangsta?  And If I'm correct, he produced that new Raje track "Honestly" that he's featured on.  Goldie Loc can bring it on the boards as well as lyrically.

Oh yea, add "Lets Slide" to the list of dope Goldie Loc productions.  Hopefully he comes with beats like this.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 08:57:17 PM by Axle Iz Active »
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

SGV

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 09:00:23 PM »
This would've amped me up about 10 years ago (of course Goldie wouldn't have been involved, but that's not a major loss). In 2006, I don't really care to see Kam, washed up ass MC Eiht nor a never-was in Goldie come together and create a group, which on paper, don't mesh well at all.