Author Topic: SOUNDSCAN 07-05  (Read 529 times)

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
Re: SOUNDSCAN 07-05
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2006, 12:31:08 AM »
Sales looking at that are really down (even from earlier this year), strange, must be a dip in consumer spending in the states on media consumables, dvd sales are apparantly down too - strange....

I keep saying, its just too easy to download. It becoming easier everyday, I truly believe that this is directly responsible for the lack of sales of music/DVD.
I agree

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006, 12:31:23 AM »
of course thats true in some respects but its not got much easier than 6 months ago, its been easy for years, there seems to have been a downturn since march....just seems unusual that so many mainstream releases are stuggling to sell even with promo, radio spins, tv play etc....perhaps its isolated and will pick up again either that or FINALLY the public are fed up with "The Formula" and are protesting by keeping their wallets in their pockets!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

youngmessnucca

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 12:58:47 AM »
You have good logic Rud, but I don't think that the buying public takes music as seriously as we do on this forum. More & more of these full album d/l sites pop up everyday, and even albums that don't follow the textbook formula ( Ghostface, The Product ) still ain't selling what they should.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2006, 02:09:23 AM »
True, very true...i think it will be interesting, and may well determine the industries moves, at christmas and the build up and what the forth quarter (year on year the biggest selling part of the year and where heavy hitters get dropped) performs like...

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

wcsoldier

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2006, 02:34:32 AM »
Sales looking at that are really down (even from earlier this year), strange, must be a dip in consumer spending in the states on media consumables, dvd sales are apparantly down too - strange....

I keep saying, its just too easy to download. It becoming easier everyday, I truly believe that this is directly responsible for the lack of sales of music/DVD.
the poor quality of the music and labels politics too... look how Interscope is fuckin up his releases this year...

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2006, 05:23:08 AM »
I think it's kinda strange too that sales are way slow. But really doe, there haven't been any super-hit singles like "in Da Club" for a long ass time. Might have something to do with it. Also a lot of releases have been really mundane. Luckily a few gems here and there (Ghostface, Cube, 40, Busta...)

Interscope has straight up been fuckin up their promo for a good while now. They've stuck to the old formula for too long now. They try to push the pop songs to the charts first still, and obviously the audience isn't havin' it. But still I gotta wonder how low Busta's sales are, since the album is definately worth the money. Must be the singles. I think New York Shit would've made a good single, just needs G-rated lyrics. Mostly just the word "shit" in there, isn't it? Change that that to "tip" or something and you got a good single, me thinks.

Gotta give it up to Cube & 40 though, both making that ghetto gold on their releases. Goes to show you can push decent numbers (excellent numbers for indie releases) without a whole lotta flashy promo, as long as the product is good. And they put themselves out there when they DO have product to sell, then lay low when they ain't got shit to sell. They don't oversaturate their audience, unlike many of the industry-tops who are always trying to stay in the limelight, even though they don't have shit to share with the fans.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2006, 08:28:02 AM »
Well thats a problem as far as the 40 album, which must have had millions dumped into the promo for it. It was a major label album, and while hes selling 10X more than any Bay cats, myslef and plenty other believe that this should have been platinum a month after it dropped. Unless they find a way to clean up "White Girl", nothing on this album will push it to even gold.

Another thought I had was maybe that people were getting sick of these industry ass, manufactured rappers ( Jeezy, Young Joc, D4l, DFB...etc, ) but they selling more than anything. I agree with Rud though, we will have to wait until the 4th qt. and compare it to last years numbers before we have a true idea on what sales are gonna continue to look like.

IMO, maybe Dre SHOULD release Detox after all. It might get people back into rap a little more.

Semir

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2006, 03:19:54 PM »
I give it another 3 years and most of the people won't go over 500k

rip2pac

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2006, 11:46:24 AM »
123 CAM'RON KILLA SEASON 7,736 -14 8,962 221,934

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mobb Deep,Cam'ron, & dpg will neva see gold