Author Topic: How many units did Cali Iz Active push?  (Read 2523 times)

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
Re: How many units did Cali Iz Active push?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 03:43:25 PM »
it got little to no video play, and I doubt it got played outside cali

Shit doesn't even get radio play inside Cali.  I have not heard it once on the radio.

i dont even realy listen to the radio and ive heard it a few times when my alarm goes off in the morning

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

The Great Elephant

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 03:44:53 PM »
i've seen cali iz active on tv a couple times

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 04:05:13 PM »
first of all they picked the wrong single (should have been a street single) secondly i really think this should have dropped after daz and snoops album cause then you have another recognizable face (daz) to go with snoop it probably even could have dropped on a major label.....i hope they put out another single just to actually give it a chance to do something
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Quadruple OG

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 04:18:36 PM »
very little radio play in L.A.
no video play
no radio play
no major promotion
no major label, all independent
most teenagers these days don't know what Dogg Food is or who tha Dogg Pound are.

given all these setbacks that i listed, the album sold more than what i expected.

this is funny because when "Too Gangsta 4 Radio" came out I was saying the same thing but people were hating on me.  But now that this shoe is reversed and it's Tha Dogg Pound pushing 30,000 units, it's an accomplishment.

westside159

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 04:52:11 PM »
CAMRON FLOPPED & LL COOL J FLOPPED  !!!!!!

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 05:00:35 PM »
I bet DPG will sell more than Mobb Deep.  The thing is that they don't get a lot of play and that is what is wrong with the radio because Cali Iz Active is good music.  The other shit isn't.  It isn't on Hot 97 or Kube 93's (Seattle) playlist.  Wackness.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 05:03:42 PM »
The album is horrible but the sales are actually ok

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 05:12:37 PM »
I finally heard it on the radio today.  But the wack ass dj only played Kurupts verse and then went into Chamillionare's ridin dirty.  I didn't even get to hear the chorus.  Fuck the radio.  Fuckin work truck with only am/fm radio.  Not even a cassette player.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 07:16:32 PM »
I think some of ya'll are in denial......30,000 first week is not good......and please don't give me it dropped on Koch(Indy) so it's good..NO... because it still takes money to make a CD....and believe me(Puffy, David Banner, and Paul Wall didn't work for free) it does take money to pay for beats, Manufature the CD's, Shoot Videos, Distribute the records... etc...etc.......I am a fan...but the reality is the dogg pound is no longer relevant in Hip-Hop...it pretty much went unnoticed....Mobb Deep sold more there first week and people called it a flop....

Quadruple OG

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 07:27:32 PM »
I think some of ya'll are in denial......30,000 first week is not good......and please don't give me it dropped on Koch(Indy) so it's good..NO... because it still takes money to make a CD....and believe me(Puffy, David Banner, and Paul Wall didn't work for free) it does take money to pay for beats, Manufature the CD's, Shoot Videos, Distribute the records... etc...etc.......I am a fan...but the reality is the dogg pound is no longer relevant in Hip-Hop...it pretty much went unnoticed....Mobb Deep sold more there first week and people called it a flop....

on point

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 08:10:32 PM »
Thank you. Cube pushed over 140K independtly after spending 6 years away from rap, so don't tell me 30K is good because they are independent. Snoop Dogg is a bigger name in the rap game today then Ice Cube is. You guys are in denial. At this point... Cali Iz Inactive. And don't call me a hater either, because I really wanted "Cali Iz Active" to succeed.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006, 08:26:29 PM »
[/quote

On Point, the album was horrendous but now that I think about it 30k is pretty weak

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 09:16:02 PM »
I doubt there'll be a second single, especially doubt a second video.  213 only had one video as far as I'm aware.  Dogg Pound are basically the same situation.  I bet right after 4th of July Snoop started turning his attention to Blue Carpet Treatment just as he did for R&G immediately after Tha Hard Way dropped.  I still think 213 should've spent SOMETHING on a second video for "Joystick," because Nate's hook was catchy as a fly trap and the "ride my joystick" catchphrase would've blown up with immature frat boys and the like.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 04:32:59 AM »
I bet DPG will sell more than Mobb Deep.  The thing is that they don't get a lot of play and that is what is wrong with the radio because Cali Iz Active is good music.  The other shit isn't.  It isn't on Hot 97 or Kube 93's (Seattle) playlist.  Wackness.
lol at DPG selling more than Mobb Deep, Kurupt & Daz will be lucky if they sell another 20 000 copies.

LOL @ this shit going triple macaroni
lmao at macaroni