Author Topic: Let's be REAL, Cali Iz NOT Active  (Read 1152 times)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
Re: Let's be REAL, Cali Iz NOT Active
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2006, 08:59:14 PM »
The members on this forum are just a bunch of pretenders..........all these muthafuckas were shouting Cali Iz Active then the video comes out nobody supports it, the album comes out and nobody supports it but expect it to do big numbers.

I doubt anyone on here has bought the album............i'm all the way in the Caribbean and i'm sure i'll get it before 90% of you so called West Coast fans.

I had to get mine ordered from the music store here along witt I Luv Cali & Laugh Now, Cry Later. I'm just patiently waiting on them to arrive.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2006, 09:24:40 PM »
The members on this forum are just a bunch of pretenders..........all these muthafuckas were shouting Cali Iz Active then the video comes out nobody supports it, the album comes out and nobody supports it but expect it to do big numbers.

I doubt anyone on here has bought the album............i'm all the way in the Caribbean and i'm sure i'll get it before 90% of you so called West Coast fans.

I had to get mine ordered from the music store here along witt I Luv Cali & Laugh Now, Cry Later. I'm just patiently waiting on them to arrive.

Agreed.  How can you be surprised that an album flops when you yourself, a member of the core, target audience, doesn't buy the album?  I'll admit that I didn't buy the album.  I will eventually get it when I can find it cheaper in a used bin section or something.  The album isn't worth $15.  In my case, the average quality of the album prevented me from buying the album.  I am a member of the Doggpound's target audience, and I did not buy the album due to average musical quality.  If the music would've been better, they would have sold more than 30,000 copies, because their core audience such as myself would have supported it more.

I bet most westcoast rappers think they can just spit some ole' lazy gangsta shit and us core fans of ganster music will support that music regardless of the quality, but times have changed.  I'm in my mid-20s, as are most of the fans who came of age during the original Deathrow era.  Westcoast artists have got to bring more than just "fucc a bitch" to get me to actually BUY an album nowadays.  I'm too mature for that.  At the same time, today's 15 year olds by and large aren't interested in "fucc a bitch" music either (at least not from OGs like the Doggpound, I don't think).

All in all, the Doggpound add features like Paul Wall, David Banner, Puffy, etc. thinking it will add sales from other regions, in addition to the sales from the westcoast core audience, which they take for granted...and this assumption that we westcoast fans will buy the album regardless of quality just is not true anymore, partly because we have matured now, and are looking for something with at least some modicum of effort put into the music...rather than just the same ole' simplistic "I hit switches and fucc bitches" rhymes.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2006, 09:41:26 PM »

Agreed.  How can you be surprised that an album flops when you yourself, a member of the core, target audience, doesn't buy the album?  I'll admit that I didn't buy the album.  I will eventually get it when I can find it cheaper in a used bin section or something.  The album isn't worth $15.  In my case, the average quality of the album prevented me from buying the album.  I am a member of the Doggpound's target audience, and I did not buy the album due to average musical quality.  If the music would've been better, they would have sold more than 30,000 copies, because their core audience such as myself would have supported it more.

I bet most westcoast rappers think they can just spit some ole' lazy gangsta shit and us core fans of ganster music will support that music regardless of the quality, but times have changed.  I'm in my mid-20s, as are most of the fans who came of age during the original Deathrow era.  Westcoast artists have got to bring more than just "fucc a bitch" to get me to actually BUY an album nowadays.  I'm too mature for that.  At the same time, today's 15 year olds by and large aren't interested in "fucc a bitch" music either (at least not from OGs like the Doggpound, I don't think).

All in all, the Doggpound add features like Paul Wall, David Banner, Puffy, etc. thinking it will add sales from other regions, in addition to the sales from the westcoast core audience, which they take for granted...and this assumption that we westcoast fans will buy the album regardless of quality just is not true anymore, partly because we have matured now, and are looking for something with at least some modicum of effort put into the music...rather than just the same ole' simplistic "I hit switches and fucc bitches" rhymes.

Well Put.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2006, 10:56:33 PM »

yeah..word...i agree with contents...
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Word to Everything

« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2006, 11:08:37 PM »
lol True Stories...Dipset is more Active than Cali  :laugh:

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2006, 07:21:52 AM »

because CIA track and video are dope and is NOTHING like the album
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

dstyle

• 'G'
Re: Let's be REAL, Cali Iz full of e-haters
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2006, 07:51:51 AM »
Damn why u people hate so much, I'm from Europe, and I really think the album is good

Didnt buy it yet because is not in stores in here

Im gettin sick of people bitching album how many record they sell or will sell
It seems u guys look more at the recordsales then just the music

they call me old school I dont take as an insult look at the new school NO THANK YOU

Nine - B east

denique

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2006, 04:02:13 PM »
fareal, yall treat hiphop like its the wwf.  grow up young niccas, enjoy music or dont. leave it at that.