Author Topic: The Most Underrated Rapper in the Hip Hop Community OVER 25 Million Albums Sold  (Read 1101 times)

Eihtball

I ain't exactly a Nelly fan, but it strikes me as odd that probably 90% of the people who say Nelly isn't "real hip-hop" and criticize him endlessly are more suburban kids trying to fit in by criticizing an artist perceived as "too pop".

He ain't no Rakim, obviously, but as a party rapper, he's one of the best out there.  His music is excellent for what it is, so it's understandable that he's become such a successful artist.

Word to Everything

lol they're the same people that claim Tupac is Gangsta/GOAT.

<a href="http://www.bolt.com/audio/audio_player_mp3_branded.swf?contentId=1451523&amp;contentType=3&amp;autoplay=0&amp;hideLogo=0&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.bolt.com/audio/audio_player_mp3_branded.swf?contentId=1451523&amp;contentType=3&amp;autoplay=0&amp;hideLogo=0&quot;</a>
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 09:21:26 AM by K A I N »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I ain't exactly a Nelly fan, but it strikes me as odd that probably 90% of the people who say Nelly isn't "real hip-hop" and criticize him endlessly are more suburban kids trying to fit in by criticizing an artist perceived as "too pop".

He ain't no Rakim, obviously, but as a party rapper, he's one of the best out there.  His music is excellent for what it is, so it's understandable that he's become such a successful artist.

+1

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I dont care what kind of musik nelly does, its wack.

Im a fan of all music and Nelly is a shitty artist. Do you really think he's talented?

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

Dude makes what I call "hoe-hop" songs just for them broads. At least Tupac knew how to balance that shit.

www.tagworld.com/thablaqsinattra

Eihtball

Im a fan of all music and Nelly is a shitty artist. Do you really think he's talented?

Dude makes what I call "hoe-hop" songs just for them broads. At least Tupac knew how to balance that shit.

Generally speaking, 25 million in sales over the past 6 years does not lie, and he has a very loyal following in his hometown and throughout the U.S.  And it ain't just "them broads" who are buying his music.  A lot of people obviously got respect for him even if you don't.

Also, Pac was as much as a pop-rapper as anyone in the mid-90s.  He made music both for "them broads" and for the white kids who wanted to act like thugs.  Signing to Death Row in '95 was pretty much tantamount to selling out...they were easily the Roc-A-Fella or G-Unit of their day.  Argue that Pac was a more talented rapper if you want to, but don't act like Pac wasn't as much about the dollaz and ho's as Nelly.

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

Generally speaking, 25 million in sales over the past 6 years does not lie, and he has a very loyal following in his hometown and throughout the U.S.  And it ain't just "them broads" who are buying his music.  A lot of people obviously got respect for him even if you don't.

Also, Pac was as much as a pop-rapper as anyone in the mid-90s.  He made music both for "them broads" and for the white kids who wanted to act like thugs.  Signing to Death Row in '95 was pretty much tantamount to selling out...they were easily the Roc-A-Fella or G-Unit of their day.  Argue that Pac was a more talented rapper if you want to, but don't act like Pac wasn't as much about the dollaz and ho's as Nelly.

You basically just affirmed what I said about pac. That he made "Hoe-Hop" and street music. Nells needs more of that balance. I know their gone, but I yearn for the days when women hated Hip-Hop and we did'nt care. LL and TI seem to be focusing on "them broads", more power to them but dont expect respect from true heads. Tupac got better at Tha Row. His early joints sucked. He did'nt get decent until "me against the world" even though on interscope, it was the start of style he used on Tha Row.           www.tagworld.com/thablaqsinattra

ghettoplaya623

• Lil Geezy
Yukmouth>>>>>Nelly and Nelly sells more than Yukmouth. Fuck record sales

^^^real talk but nelly came with that pimp juice.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Nelly got nice partyjoints! :D

plus CG is a hot album!

kemizt

Eihtball

You basically just affirmed what I said about pac. That he made "Hoe-Hop" and street music. Nells needs more of that balance. I know their gone, but I yearn for the days when women hated Hip-Hop and we did'nt care. LL and TI seem to be focusing on "them broads", more power to them but dont expect respect from true heads. Tupac got better at Tha Row. His early joints sucked. He did'nt get decent until "me against the world" even though on interscope, it was the start of style he used on Tha Row.           www.tagworld.com/thablaqsinattra

Homie, why the fuck does it matter?  What, is Nelly obligated to make music that the thugs and thug-wannabes say is dope?  If you don't like it, don't listen to it, but don't say it's wack simply cause it ain't what your suburban ass demands.

And LOL at you saying Pac's Death Row stuff was better than his earlier days.  That was when he stopped being intelligent and trying to make social commentary and started being just another thug on the label.  Ig'nant is something ANY muh'fucka can do.  Of course, it figures you'd prefer that cause you're a wigger, and that's how all wiggers are.

And when did women hate hip-hop?  When he was a big star, most broads I knew thought Pac was choc-o-licious or shit like that.  A white girl I dated in college had that publicity picture Pac took (the one where he was totally naked except for that gold-plated thing that looked like a thong) posted over her bed.  As far as marketing and image went, Pac was just like 50 back then.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
I'll be honest, I ain't like half the shit Nelly does, but he gots a couple of singles that I had on repeat in the CD changer, or I played all the time on MP3. Like Number 1 and It's Getting Hot... those tracks were in my discman all the time. Some songs I just couldn't stand, like that song with Tim McGraw, but then again, I give him props for trying to get some country and Hip-Hop together, and anyone who thinks that they shouldn't be together don't know Hip-Hop, or how music evolved from old western country music to R&B.

westkoastanostra

And LOL at you saying Pac's Death Row stuff was better than his earlier days.  That was when he stopped being intelligent and trying to make social commentary and started being just another thug on the label. 

riiiiiiiighhhht......u mean thats when he stopped bashing white people and cops.... ::) ..thats intelligent to you...

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

Homie, why the fuck does it matter?  What, is Nelly obligated to make music that the thugs and thug-wannabes say is dope?  If you don't like it, don't listen to it, but don't say it's wack simply cause it ain't what your suburban ass demands.

And LOL at you saying Pac's Death Row stuff was better than his earlier days.  That was when he stopped being intelligent and trying to make social commentary and started being just another thug on the label.  Ig'nant is something ANY muh'fucka can do.  Of course, it figures you'd prefer that cause you're a wigger, and that's how all wiggers are.

And when did women hate hip-hop?  When he was a big star, most broads I knew thought Pac was choc-o-licious or shit like that.  A white girl I dated in college had that publicity picture Pac took (the one where he was totally naked except for that gold-plated thing that looked like a thong) posted over her bed.  As far as marketing and image went, Pac was just like 50 back then.

Suburban?-I'm from the Crenshaw district......wigger?-I'm Black last time I checked......Thug wannabees?.....I was speaking about true hip-hop fans....chicks checkin for rappers because of fame and money aint hip-hop pal-Ladybug, lauren, deadly venoms, queen latifah, mc lyte, yo-yo were hip-hop(too bad most of them are trying to sing now) Pac was'nt truly respected until "so mant tears" and "I get around" the early stuff was wack lets face it. "Dear Mama" was cool. During Death row, pac sent a letter to all prisons to establish a street code of honor and rules. was that "positive" enough for ya?  www.myspace.com/thablaqsinattra

Eihtball

riiiiiiiighhhht......u mean thats when he stopped bashing white people and cops.... ::) ..thats intelligent to you...

Yeah, good for him.  Fuck all white people and cops...that's how it SHOULD be.

If you don't like rappers talking about how much they hate po-po and whitey, what are you doing listening to hardcore rap in the first place?  Almost all rappers hate cops and crackers.