Author Topic: North Korea 'test-fires missile' and threatens US for a nuclear war  (Read 445 times)

Lieutenant Abdul-Shakur

• 'G'
North Korea 'test-fires missile'

North Korea has test-fired a missile which landed in the Sea of Japan minutes later, Japanese media report.
The missile was launched at 0332 Japan Time (1832 GMT) and crashed into the sea 600 km (373 miles) from the Japanese mainland, NHK TV said.

The public broadcaster quoted officials as saying the missile was unlikely to be the controversial Taepodong-2 which could reach parts of the US.

There were reports of a second missile launch, but no further details.

A Japanese government official was reported to have confirmed a missile had been launched by Pyongyang, but said it was unclear if it was the Taepodong-2.

The US television station CNN, citing two sources, said the missile was smaller than the Taepodong-2. It was not clear where the missile had been heading, or if it had had a target, the network added.

The US and North Korea's neighbours have been on heightened alert in recent days amid suspicions that Pyongyang was preparing to launch the Taepodong-2 from the Musudan-ri launch site in the north-east of the country.

On Monday, Pyongyang warned it would launch an "annihilating" nuclear strike if its atomic facilities were pre-emptively attacked by the United States.

Washington dismissed the threat as "deeply hypothetical" and urged the North Koreans to return to six-party talks aimed at curbing the country's nuclear activities. The talks stalled last year.

The Taepodong-2 has a range of up to 6,000 km (3,730 miles), putting parts of the US within striking distance.

The last time North Korea tested a long-range missile was in 1998, when it launched a Taepodong-1 over northern Japan.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41790000/gif/_41790682_north_korea416x309.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5148648.stm

This comes straight after N. Korea threatened U.S. with 'nuclear war'

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/07/03/north.korea.ap/index.htmll

" The Taepodong-2 missile could reach Alaska "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL, Real American, I thought you said the U.S military was gona shoot their test-missiles down ?? lol...

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: North Korea 'test-fires missile' and threatens US for a nuclear war
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 10:58:30 AM »
LMAO at "Nuclear War"...If we wanted to we could blow North Korea out of the map. We shouldnt really worry about the missles right now since they can not reach us but what we should be worried about is North Korea selling a nuke to a terrorist and using it...

Lieutenant Abdul-Shakur

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 12:09:35 PM »
LMAO at "Nuclear War"...If we wanted to we could blow North Korea out of the map. We shouldnt really worry about the missles right now since they can not reach us but what we should be worried about is North Korea selling a nuke to a terrorist and using it...

go hug a fucking tree....U.S would'nt be able to blow my black ass of this planet let alone north korea. Real American said it would be a threat to our country if this test missile happens and U.S is taking full actions to prevent it. So fuck you.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 12:19:09 PM »

go hug a fucking tree....U.S would'nt be able to blow my black ass of this planet let alone north korea. Real American said it would be a threat to our country if this test missile happens and U.S is taking full actions to prevent it. So fuck you.

okay

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 03:35:14 PM »

this guys goin all war flashback on us, ban him before he gets too hostile. but no, if it came down to it we would wipe them off the map before they had a chance to do any damage with their janky 60 year old equipment. i dont think their missles could even reach our westcoast. i'm willing to sacrifce cheap prices on christmas lights if it means north korea will no longer be a factor in this internation power struggle shit.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 04:52:36 PM »
They embarrassed themselves by doing this.  They boasted that they had missles that could travel over 9000 miles.  So they launch this "test" and the thing basically disintegrates in midair after 40 seconds, lol.  Japan should be the most pissed, as I think all of the test missles have crashed into the sea between them and N. Korea.

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 06:15:34 PM »
If North Korea says they aint trying to bomb us then why is it a threat?  Its like the U.S. can test missiles but North Korea cant?  Maybe theyre trying to protect themselves?  I just dont get it. 
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

Eihtball

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 08:56:26 AM »
Wow, congrats to the DPRK.  The USA had fully functional ICBMs capable of hitting anywhere in the Eastern hemisphere back in the 1950s, whereas today, in 2006, the North Koreans have ICBMs that fail 40 seconds after launch.  So good job, Kim Jong Il...you haven't even managed to reach the same level of military technological progress that we reached 50 years ago.

Now THAT is some threat to national security right there.  Hmmm...